Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I know a dude who has been an NFL coach for a minute and this season willingly came back to college. I was talking to his wife last week and she was telling me how excited he was to be back and out on the road recruiting. I kept thinking to myself that sheet gonna get old real quick after a couple of season of dealing with kids
Haha I just aint bout that life. @cway313 is right. Eye in the Sky is my safe place.

Advertisement
The thing is that I dont see what Rashada has done that warrants anyone saying he is handling the process in a negative way such as being called a headache. He isn't trolling teams. This is the biggest decision of his young life and the kid is exploring his options. Are we to be mad that he is exploring his net worth in a nascent NIL landscape? Him trying to find a package deal for his brother isn't a headache either, that **** happens. Kid is going through the process and expects to make a decision early summer. Only part that irks me is that we may not be the destination, but is that somehow a knock on the kid?
You're not wrong. Headache probably isn't fair in this instance. It's an annoyance for me that's based on preference. I just love Miami too much that if I'm in that spot I'd want to play for the U. But obviously this kid has more to consider and want's to use the leverage he's gained to benefit his future and his family. Nothing wrong with that.

Hence why we're in good shape that Mario is in charge and not my dumb a**. I'm good at my job. I'd be bad at that one. Because once he put's Florida in his top 5 I can't funks with him.

Advertisement
Are there any other reasons this recruitment has gone south other than unwillingness to meet his NIL demands? This recruitment had a lot of momentum just a month ago.

Advertisement
Hmmmm.....committing before having a chance to visit Legends camp. Combine that with @Cribby comments above and its clear where we currently stand.
I don’t think it’s dead , I just think his circle needs to come back to the planet earth. I just don’t care enough to follow it that closely. It’s only May and we all know my rule on recruiting lol.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s dead , I just think his circle needs to come back to the planet earth.
I suspected that was the case, that's why I said "currently" stand. This one seems quite fluid right now. Leeds liked your post too, so the situation isn't hopeless but IDK sanity arrives before he commits on the 18th.

Advertisement
@LeedsCane is this dead? Seems like we’re about to take Emory Williams commitment.
Really depends on who you ask and furthermore it depends on who you trust here. Even if we take Emory, we aren’t just going to say ‘okay, that’s our QB, time to move on’ if I guy like Jaden or Avery wants in. I am pretty confident in who I got my info from that, much like Cribby, we are far from dead in his recruitment… His camp is just a bit delusional I guess in terms of the money they think they can get? The key thing here is that he wants to play with his brother, from everything I can gather. So that puts us and Ole Miss as the top 2 and the rest is noise. That’s how it will be unless he does find a suitor who will pay him the astronomical sum his family wants. Right now, I would say out of those two, Miami is by far the leader given what else I know but like many other recruitments (you’ve already seen one in Hill) you just never know with the NIL market. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he throws up the U on the 18th of June (which by the way is the date I’ve heard was the plan for months and back then it was undoubtedly Miami so take that for what it is worth).

Really depends on who you ask and furthermore it depends on who you trust here. Even if we take Emory, we aren’t just going to say ‘okay, that’s our QB, time to move on’ if I guy like Jaden or Avery wants in. I am pretty confident in who I got my info from that, much like Cribby, we are far from dead in his recruitment… His camp is just a bit delusional I guess in terms of the money they think they can get? The key thing here is that he wants to play with his brother, from everything I can gather. So that puts us and Ole Miss as the top 2 and the rest is noise. That’s how it will be unless he does find a suitor who will pay him the astronomical sum his family wants. Right now, I would say out of those two, Miami is by far the leader given what else I know but like many other recruitments (you’ve already seen one in Hill) you just never know with the NIL market. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he throws up the U on the 18th of June (which by the way is the date I’ve heard was the plan for months and back then it was undoubtedly Miami so take that for what it is worth).
Thank you for the response.

I do recall you mentioning June 18th before. Will be interesting because it definitely appears things got quiet with Miami but mannnn would this be a huge pull!

Advertisement
So if he takes another visit to the U before June 18th does things become legit and reasonable NIL wise

Advertisement
Back