Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Lots of twists and turns... Chess not checkers?????

According to Ferman's story, ROMAN was in Miami for an OV and Jaden was along for the ride.....

Roman decommitted from BYU during the visit, and dad Harlen Rashada, Sr. confirmed on Sunday afternoon that UM has a spot on the team for Roman and badly wants him on the roster.

Miami was his fourth official visit - he’d also visited BYU, Oregon and Washington officially. And he originally committed to BYU March 13.
Me right now
Hit The Woah Freaking Out GIF

As for Jadon, he is planning on returning to Miami in early May with his family. His father said he is visiting Oregon for their spring game the weekend of April 22-24 and may also visit Mississippi and Arkansas. He already visited Cal and BYU as well

Looking to make a decision prior to his season so he can help build a class. He says they haven't decided where he will take his OVs...

“I’ve been watching what (Mario) Cristobal has done, I think he has one of the best staffs in the country,” Harlen Sr. said. “Probably the biggest piece of it all is coach Cristobal. I was really surprised at the humility he had for a head coach, his ability to give you an intimate perspective on things. Him being a Miami guy, being raised there, played there. There’s just an overwhelming sense of pride in Miami right now.

“There’s a lot of good leadership in there, former NFL talent and high level coaching guys. I think they’re loaded offensively, defensively. Coach (Josh) Gattis, you see what he did last year at Michigan.

“And aside from all that you have Jason Taylor in there, Hall of Fame guys roaming around the hallways. There’s a lot of great things at Miami, it looks like a program that will do bright things in the future.”
I’m trying to be unbiased here but I think he’s ours to lose.

As for Jadon, he is planning on returning to Miami in early May with his family. His father said he is visiting Oregon for their spring game the weekend of April 22-24 and may also visit Mississippi and Arkansas. He already visited Cal and BYU as well

Looking to make a decision prior to his season so he can help build a class. He says they haven't decided where he will take his OVs...

“I’ve been watching what (Mario) Cristobal has done, I think he has one of the best staffs in the country,” Harlen Sr. said. “Probably the biggest piece of it all is coach Cristobal. I was really surprised at the humility he had for a head coach, his ability to give you an intimate perspective on things. Him being a Miami guy, being raised there, played there. There’s just an overwhelming sense of pride in Miami right now.

“There’s a lot of good leadership in there, former NFL talent and high level coaching guys. I think they’re loaded offensively, defensively. Coach (Josh) Gattis, you see what he did last year at Michigan.

“And aside from all that you have Jason Taylor in there, Hall of Fame guys roaming around the hallways. There’s a lot of great things at Miami, it looks like a program that will do bright things in the future.”
Sounds similar to what Skinner’s dad said about the program outside of his Bama comments before he flipped.

Advertisement
Lots of twists and turns... Chess not checkers?????

According to Ferman's story, ROMAN was in Miami for an OV and Jaden was along for the ride.....

Roman decommitted from BYU during the visit, and dad Harlen Rashada, Sr. confirmed on Sunday afternoon that UM has a spot on the team for Roman and badly wants him on the roster.

Miami was his fourth official visit - he’d also visited BYU, Oregon and Washington officially. And he originally committed to BYU March 13.
Thank You For Your Service GIF by Hyper RPG

Advertisement
Pittsburg (Calif.) quarterback Jaden Rashadawrapped up his unofficial visit to Miami over the weekend.

For the five-star, it was an informative visit that gave him a good insight into the Miami program under new head coach Mario Cristobal.

“it was what I expected and it was pretty special just seeing the opportunity there,” said Rashada.“Meeting with the coaches, mainly the offensive staff was good and then just to see what it was like on that side of the country.”

Rashada said he liked all that the city of Miami had to offer.

“Miami is a huge city and I liked the tradition, there is a lot of tradition there, and a lot of stuff you can do out there.”

But the majority of the trip was to see the campus and facilities, with a practice mixed in and meetings with the coaches.”

“They have some new stuff about to go down that they’re excited about and I loved their indoor practice field,” said Rashada. “Just the scenery, where the school is, it was by far the nicest place I’ve ever been.”

Rashada spent a lot of his time with offensive coordinator Josh Gattis.

“We we got to know each other a whole lot more and each of our purposes and he talked about what he thinks we can do together,” said Rashada.

He also got to see Gattis and Cristobal at work when they coached.

“They had a spring practice and t’s great to see where their priorities are and what they try to get out of those practices compared to other places,” said Rashada. “Just how they approach practice was what caught my eye.”

While there, he talked to a few current Miami players and some other recruits

“I talked to Jaleel Skinner and said what’s up to Cyrus Moss and then I connected with Davi Belfort and Robby Washington and Bobby Washington.”

Rashada said despite some buzz he might return to Miami next weekend, that isn’t in the plans.

“I’ll be back there one more time before I make a decision, for an unofficial,” said Rashada. “I am working on going to Arkansas this next weekend and then to Oregon.”

Huffman (West Coast guy on 247) posted an article on JR and his visit to Miami. I asked him who is in pole position and he said he really likes where the Canes are at right now. Sounds like he has visits ahead of him, but, hey, so did Nico :cool:

Advertisement
I believe we will get a commit on the D side this weekend. Also as I've stated from mid April at the spring game through end of June is when we are going to see the floodgates open. The commit I was talking about still hasn't popped publicly. I wasn't aware the Washington brothers were going to commit that quickly. As far as a TE im not connected there either so I can't speak on that.
Any idea what changed with the kid this weekend?

Is badly a quote from Harlen or something that Ferman added?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back