QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
ezgif-1-4f84fd6bd9.gif

ezgif-1-8278dc838c.gif

Yeah my point wasn't about whether or not you like strip clubs it was about your absolute credulity given to statements made by persons who have an interest in deceiving you.

If you're smart enough to know the word "credulity," then you're smart enough to be familiar with ozcam's razor. What's more likely... A.) that the kid is signed, sealed, and delivered to Miami, but has cooked up an elaborate deception to fool everyone or B.) he's still exploring his options, exactly like he said he's doing.

I don't KNOW anything. But I BELIEVE the simplest and most direct answer is usually correct. If someone tells you who they are, believe them.

We'll see what happens. I'm not writing him off and I've said that if it were up to me, if it's between signing Howard today or waiting a week for Cam, I would wait. But none of us knows what's going on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gaby just reminded everyone that he "talked to Javion Cohen last December and he told me he was going to take 4 more visits and then committed an hour later." You all will just 100% believe whatever allows you to freak out the most.

I almost want to open a car dealership only to sell cars to members of CIS. Just tell you that my manager is really mad that I even offered you this terrible deal and watch you panic sign for $5k over sticker and a 15% loan.

people/circumstances are different. I understand you're preaching poise and agree 100%, but the two situations aren't comparable.

Waiting for Cohen might not have had the same consequences as waiting for Ward.

There's no panic in sticking with the pre-visit plan of taking the first commitment from either tier 1 QB.

I would imagine part of the panic is that trusting Mario to “wait” has not exactly been a good thing. You get burnt once and you start to become paranoid

That's what I'm saying lol him taking the visit to FSU doesn't make sense

I don't know what's going on.
I do know that we don't need any games...either from the staff or the player.
If he said yes...announce it. No need to throw any one off or troll or anything Iike that. It's actually better for the staff to announce it and end the speculation.
If he said no I'll need to take all my visits them you get the next guy in immediately.
The point of saying these are my top two and the first one that says yes is who we get is to have the discipline to do that exactly.
Waiting is a luxury our QB room won't afford us.
IF THATS WHATS HAPPENING

Advertisement
isn’t there a big difference between Howard and Ward?

Howard protects from another abysmal season and may be a sure thing but finally making noise may be worth the wait.

I trust D and Cribby.

But some kids seriously want to win and don’t give a fook about nice steakhouses and celebs they’ll never see again.
that is a fact. the steakhouse and celebs might have less pull than the weather.

Come on fellas, he’s not going to reveal his decision to some site reporter at 10 AM.
The FSU visit was already in the works so if he cancels this AM then he tips his hand.

I trust the 🐐’s on this one, Ward/Miami announcement comes out tonight.

Advertisement
I don't know what's going on.
I do know that we don't need any games...either from the staff or the player.
If he said yes...announce it. No need to throw any one off or troll or anything Iike that. It's actually better for the staff to announce it and end the speculation.

If he said no I'll need to take all my visits them you get the next guy in immediately.
The point of saying these are my top two and the first one that says yes is who we get is to have the discipline to do that exactly.
Waiting is a luxury our QB room won't afford us.
IF THATS WHATS HAPPENING
Preach. No reason for games other than trolling, which is stupid.

If you're smart enough to know the word "credulity," then you're smart enough to be familiar with ozcam's razor. What's more likely... A.) that the kid is signed, sealed, and delivered to Miami, but has cooked up an elaborate deception to fool everyone or B.) he's still exploring his options, exactly like he said he's doing.

I don't KNOW anything. But I BELIEVE the simplest and most direct answer is usually correct. If someone tells you who they are, believe them.

We'll see what happens. I'm not writing him off and I've said that if it were up to me, if it's between signing Howard today or waiting a week for Cam, I would wait. But none of us knows what's going on.
Occam's razor doesn't say what it think you says in this case because you're ignoring information that doesn't agree with your conclusion and giving absolute, 100% uncritical weight to one single piece of information. FWIW - I've observed @Cribby being correct far more often than I've observed recruits telling the truth to the press about their recruitment.

And "if someone tells you who they are, believe them" just doesn't apply here because you're not a stakeholder in the decision making process. If the kid told Mario or his parents or someone actually involved, then sure. But like me, you're external to what's actually happening, and so you need to view his statements with a more critical eye than you are. Remember, we're the product here - if he does commit here he'll presumably want to monetize his commitment, both initially and long-term. One way to do that is to create suspense behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back