QB decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Real Madrid Ronaldo GIF
That's actually pretty cool.

Oh, I forgot something

@joshvalencia1996 is one of the realest people I know. He doesn't give a **** about clout, he speaks his mind and thats it.

We've disagreed in the past over a ****load of things, because we both speak our mind. And if he comes in here, guns blazing, puts his nuts on the table and goes "I got info for y'all", he is doing it because he means it.
The table is set, let's get to the main course

Advertisement
As a Miami fan who visited the Research Triangle when Miami was playing NCST earlier this year but could not attend the game, I ended up going to a 'Canes watch party' bar only to realize that the "Canes" were the hockey team. Luckily they had the game and the sound on anyway 😂
**** man, watching that game wasn't lucky at all.

They tried to warn you, but noooo you drank the bleach anyways

Advertisement
This whole "doesn't want to play for Mario" thing is TOTALLY in contrast to actual offensive productivity. Look at Miami's offensive WR production compared to "the undefeated national champion FSU" and their NFL bound WR's:

MIAMI
-Restrepo 993 yards
-George 851 yards
-Young 563 yards
TOTAL 2307 YARDS

FSU

-Coleman 658 Yards
-Wilson 617 Yards
-Bell 503 yards
TOTAL 1778 yards

Miami also has a similar lead in RB production from top RB's/

MIAMI
-Parrish 579
-Fletcher 512
-Chaney 478
-Allen 350
TOTAL 1919

FSU
-Benson 905
-Toafila 463
-Hill 190
TOTAL 1558

Miami accomplished this DESPITE having major QB consistency issues for 75% of the season, while FSU was operating with a Heisman candidate. Imagine the WR productivity if UM had had a CONSISTENT QB running the offense and was SEEING THE FIELD, going to open receivers for YAC??
This offense WORKs and just needs the right QB to totally light up the ACC. Ward running Dawson's offense will take Miami to the ACCCG and further.
There is NOTHING WRONG with Mario's QB management ... so far at Miami is has been EXECUTION.
TVD clearly cost us 2 wins

Howard gives you more options in the physical run game between the tackles. He was basically unstoppable in the red zone at KSU which we struggled with a bit. I would be perfectly happy with either or…I’m not disagreeing with you…my point is I understand why there is internal debate.

Plus they could view Howard as a better culture fit. Not saying I do, because I don’t know them, but this isn’t madden. We saw what happened last year with TVd when you try to fit a triangle into a square
Ward is probably the better all-around player but this is one main reason I’d be very happy with Howard if it were somehow him. It seems like Miami has had 20 games over the last several years that turned on not being able to convert a 3rd or 4th and 1. With Howard those should no longer be a problem given his power run capability and our O-Line. His run threat alone should also open up huge holes for Fletcher.

Advertisement
Really?
Which one is the bigger film junkie?
Which one is the better locker room guy?
Which one will have better chemistry with the rest of the team?
Which one will protect the ball better?

I don't know the answer to these questions but they all matter when the coaches are evaluating and deciding. You can't ONLY look at the potential on field production.
Bingo...these are things we, as fans, just can't know.

Advertisement
I’d be happy with either Howard or Ward. Hopefully it’ll be done today or tomorrow and the coaches can move forward with all the dependencies on quarterback resolved.

**** man, watching that game wasn't lucky at all.

They tried to warn you, but noooo you drank the bleach anyways
That is part of the reason I did not push to go to actually go to the game. My girl is not really into sports, so to make her tailgate with me and then go to a cold (by NC standards) night game that we wouldn't get back from until ~1AM all to watch a Miami team that was really struggling and probably going to infuriate me (which they did)... meeting up with a friend that I hadn't seen for a while at a bar seemed like the more sensible decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back