QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
One things for sure, if this guy comes here he's not playing in a bowl game that's not in the playoffs.
Fine by me.

if we aren’t in the playoffs it isn’t about the now it‘s about the next. I’d rather see the new guys get an early jump

(long as we we don’t get our **** pushed in on national tv like fsu)

Advertisement
mental fortitude? I assume you are kidding. I'd like to know how many QBs would have gone back on the field and tried to play with the injuries he had. I'd bet not many. At least not many in college. If Dawson had the brains to try and help him and the rest of the offense out while he was playing so injured, it would have helped.

Interesting take because Phil Longo has the polar opposite view. He spoke about why he wanted TVD in a pre bowl game interview the other day.
Not mental fortitude in the sense of will and desire to play. But how he played, always forcing and pressing everything like if he was panicked and felt he must make the big play. You could see the change in his play the first time he came back from injury. Then to start this year he looked good, to the point that commentary by some of the national on air pundits were talking about how he was back to form and looking great. Then he got hurt again, came back, and started forcing throws into double and triple coverage, completely not seeing the underneath coverage that even most low tier QBs would recognize, etc. And as soon as the first INT would happen, he would look even more unsettled. Its definitely a mental issue with him. Not questioning his heart or will, but his brain and processing seems to go into shut down.

He's not now. He came out guns blazing in college, then along comes Mario. Then he ran right off a cliff.

Typically guys get better as they go through the years. I don't really remember a QB with so much early success falling off the tracks like he did here. I'm sure it's happened somewhere, but it was night and day.

Whatever he is in the long run, he wasn't helped by this staff. They see players every single day and should cater what they're allowed to do to their strengths. There was such a disconnect there with him and these past two years.

I'm not a absolving TVD of anything. I'd daresay we saw the absolute worst version of him though. Why that is, he and them can only answer. It's our staffs job though to have him look the absolute best and they were a collosal failure in that.
To be fair, we saw how bad TVD could be in several games before mario set foot on campus. Lashlees offense allowed him to throw for 300 yards and 3 INTs. We couldn't run the ball.

It's just we all thought he would settle in and improve overtime. Mario didn't help with his initial OC choices and TVD could never overcome the mental side/injuries.

TVD, Mario, and Shannon all have one thing in common. They're overrated and above average at best.

What if coming here though destroys any NFL draft opportunities. TVD was thought to be a draft pick, but now he's gotta go prove it again.
Well, Richardson played in an equally bad offense and had way worse stats than tvd and was drafted 4th overall. So the chances of tanking your stock if you’re actually being looked at by the nfl are very low

Advertisement
Pete Thamel said a couple days ago that he expects Ward to make a decision “by New Year’s”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back