QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Correct. Add TVD to that list. All I'm saying.
No
It’s all hyperbole by stupid college football announcers
You have NO IDEA what nfl team scouts thought of him. They go through a ton of info and run them thru combine senior bowl etc…before they ever give a final grade.

Just because espn morons hype him doesn’t mean isht

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Advertisement
He's not now. He came out guns blazing in college, then along comes Mario. Then he ran right off a cliff.

Typically guys get better as they go through the years. I don't really remember a QB with so much early success falling off the tracks like he did here. I'm sure it's happened somewhere, but it was night and day.

Whatever he is in the long run, he wasn't helped by this staff. They see players every single day and should cater what they're allowed to do to their strengths. There was such a disconnect there with him and these past two years.

I'm not an absolving TVD of anything. I'd daresay we saw the absolute worst version of him though. Why that is, he and them can only answer. It's our staffs job though to have him look the absolute best and they were a collosal failure in that.
Rattler at Oklahoma. Everybody had him as the #1 pick. He ends up getting benched and transferred

He's not now. He came out guns blazing in college, then along comes Mario. Then he ran right off a cliff.

Typically guys get better as they go through the years. I don't really remember a QB with so much early success falling off the tracks like he did here. I'm sure it's happened somewhere, but it was night and day.

Whatever he is in the long run, he wasn't helped by this staff. They see players every single day and should cater what they're allowed to do to their strengths. There was such a disconnect there with him and these past two years.

I'm not a absolving TVD of anything. I'd daresay we saw the absolute worst version of him though. Why that is, he and them can only answer. It's our staffs job though to have him look the absolute best and they were a collosal failure in that.
TVDs problems were all mental. He is was great when on his game, but each time coming back from injury or facing adversity he completely loses his head. That is not a coach failure, that is a question of mental fortitude.

TVDs problems were all mental. He is was great when on his game, but each time coming back from injury or facing adversity he completely loses his head. That is not a coach failure, that is a question of mental fortitude.

If some guy knows this, at least claims it on a message board, then maybe the coaches needed to do more so he doesn't lose his head. If they knew that and then still threw him out there, then that's on them. Good coaches know how to manage their players, bad ones don't. Best ever at it here, JJ.

Advertisement

I'm not an absolving TVD of anything. I'd daresay we saw the absolute worst version of him though. Why that is, he and them can only answer. It's our staffs job though to have him look the absolute best and they were a collosal failure in that.
Are you serious. Dude has touchdowns drawn up perfectly and throws to the wrong receiver on a regular basis. The announcers in the BC game went nuts when he did it. He did it all year. I guess he was too busy golfing to know who the fck to throw the ball to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just don’t want a huge NIL QB for one year then declare , it would take him a years to fit in then leave, this would keep us in the constant rebuilding we love so much.

GOCANES

I just don’t want a huge NIL QB for one year then declare , it would take him a years to fit in then leave, this would keep us in the constant rebuilding we love so much.

GOCANES

Cause a dynamic QB can literally change the trajectory of a season. And they can single handedly win you ball games.

Look at Jayden Daniels, he was constantly putting LSU on his back this year. They don't win 9 games without him, and they should've beat FSU but Brian Kelly is a ******* moron and they may have been Malek Nabers worst game of the year.

I'm not saying Cam Ward can be Jayden Daniels and win the Heisman, but I am betting that he would come here and light the ACC on fire.

If you recruit well enough, you have the flexibility to go spend big at the most important position in the game and plop him into the team and he'll succeed.

I know this whole process has been annoying and draining but if we land Cam Ward, we'll all forget about the process when he ***** ok UF

Cause a dynamic QB can literally change the trajectory of a season. And they can single handedly win you ball games.

Look at Jayden Daniels, he was constantly putting LSU on his back this year. They don't win 9 games without him, and they should've beat FSU but Brian Kelly is a ******* moron and they may have been Malek Nabers worst game of the year.

I'm not saying Cam Ward can be Jayden Daniels and win the Heisman, but I am betting that he would come here and light the ACC on fire.

If you recruit well enough, you have the flexibility to go spend big at the most important position in the game and plop him into the team and he'll succeed.

I know this whole process has been annoying and draining but if we land Cam Ward, we'll all forget about the process when he ***** ok UF
Perception is 80% of reality for many people. If Ward, or another QB for that matter, can get us to 9-10 wins, the perception of the Miami program will change from doom and gloom to on the rise.

On the rise changes many narratives including Mario’s a QB killer, Miami will never be “Byke”, and most importantly, give Mario fuel to continue stacking the roster.

We really need a one year wonder at this point, because none of our other QBs are ready.

My concern is that he doesn't set the ACC on fire, and we are all left wondering how ANY QB will ever look good playing at Miami if Ward can't. They need to tailor the O to him, not try to force him into an O that limits him. We have the weapons, and the OL. Light it up.

If we get him, and we still suck, Mario will need to be forced to get his grubby fingers off the O entirely. That, or just fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back