QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping someone shows up in the portal like Fifta and if Ward doesn’t want to be here he can go to some place not willing to give him 2 mil or whatever stupid number we’ve offered him cause obviously it is more than anyone else or he’d be gone already if he didn’t want to be here.

Advertisement
I agree with most of this. I think NFL talk is to buy time for a comparable offer from a school that is perceived to be better positioned for ‘24 in terms of scheme and success.

I’m a fan of Ward, but for him to be successful it will take Dawson and Mario to embrace change in how they do things.
I know the offense we watched first 4/5 games of the year was far different than the offense we watched second half of the year…. That tells me they lost faith (rightfully so) in QB. Tried to take the decision making out of TVDs hands.

IF Dawson gets his QB, all bets are off on how the offense looks tbh. That going vertical **** wasn’t just talk. They aired it out until the film caught up to Tyler.

You’re assuming that he hasn’t let the Univ., staff, and certain players know. The real issue is that Ward hasn’t let the whole world know. That’s your problem, and our problem. If Ward has communicated and committed to the staff, who gives a **** if anyone else knows.
At this point, I think it’s safe to assume Ward has either already committed ( I don’t believe he has) or continues to straddle the fence. If it’s the latter, the optics aren’t good at all. If it’s the former, there better be a good excuse as to why we don’t know by now.

At this point, I think it’s safe to assume Ward has either already committed ( I don’t believe he has) or continues to straddle the fence. If it’s the latter, the optics aren’t good at all. If it’s the former, there better be a good excuse as to why we don’t know by now.
A good excuse why we don’t know? LMAO

Advertisement
A good excuse why we don’t know? LMAO
You got a reasonable explanation as to why Ward is committed and we haven’t heard about it yet? All I’ve seen is the usual speculation, conjecture, and outright bull**** that continually runs rampant on this site.

How many QB’s do you need to see sacrificed at the altar of Marioball?

Serious question.

I’m willing to have a set number of guys who have different skill sets and generate the same exact results in this system.

Right now, I have it at 5 — Brown, Williams, TVD, Garcia, A. Brown, and maybe Herbert. That’s 5 guys for sure, 6 if you want to stretch it a bit more.
You do realize TVD averaged 37 attempts per game vs P5 opponents this year right? If not for a massive amount of TOs chances are he throws the ball over 40 times a game.

Last year Mario let TVD throw the ball 41 times vs A&M, 57(!!) times vs UNC and 46 vs VT before he got hurt.

You got a reasonable explanation as to why Ward is committed and we haven’t heard about it yet? All I’ve seen is the usual speculation, conjecture, and outright bull**** that continually runs rampant on this site.
I think it’s funny that you believe we have a right to know. But since you asked. I think he’s already committed to the staff but also wants to test his draft status too. Both things can be true and his right.

I know Mario meddled with the offense mid season but he had to. TVD was a liability, it had to happen. Lashlee got out at the right time, prob doesn’t get HC job if he hitched his wagon to TVD before the film caught up

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it’s funny that you believe we have a right to know. But since you asked. I think he’s already committed to the staff but also wants to test his draft status too. Both things can be true and his right.
If he's testing his draft status his commitment means nothing.

Advertisement
You do realize TVD averaged 37 attempts per game vs P5 opponents this year right? If not for a massive amount of TOs chances are he throws the ball over 40 times a game.

Last year Mario let TVD throw the ball 41 times vs A&M, 57(!!) times vs UNC and 46 vs VT before he got hurt

So…it’s just pass attempts?

Not sure we’re talking the same thing here.

45 pass attempts into a **** poor design means ****.

Advertisement
OK let me get this straight from all of you “He’s not committed if he comes here because it’s his last option” people and that means it’s going to be bad.

How exactly does that work for him- “ so hey I’m coming to Miami I’m taking the check and now I’m gonna mail it in so that I can’t go to the NFL the next year?”

Are you guys on ******* crack with that logic?

Of course, it would be awesome if he jerked off and came out of excitement on day one, but he’s self-motivated to deliver regardless, if he’s a mercenary or a missionary (pause)

Last edited:
I know the offense we watched first 4/5 games of the year was far different than the offense we watched second half of the year…. That tells me they lost faith (rightfully so) in QB. Tried to take the decision making out of TVDs hands.

IF Dawson gets his QB, all bets are off on how the offense looks tbh. That going vertical **** wasn’t just talk. They aired it out until the film caught up to Tyler.
Wish I had same confidence in Dawson/Mario as you do. I see a OC who prefers high volume short passing game with an occasional strategically placed deep ball in an attempt to keep defenses honest. I don’t see multiple aggressive deep looks within a game, which is what gunslingers like Cam need to get comfortable.

I think Cam can be successful in our scheme, but if you want to truly unlock Cam’s potential (which is why you make him the #1 target), than you scheme to Ward… and that’s where the big question mark for me is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back