QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Sure, you can have your personal faves. I think KJ would be better than TVD and most QBs we’ve had in past decade or so… the difference is KJ is to King as Ward is to Hurts.

KJ keeps Miami competitive, Ward makes Miami a contender. It would definitely be considered striking out if KJ is our guy next fall.
If your definition of contender is playoff bound, cool. But there are others that can do that for us as well.
If your definition of contender is national championship game, Ward doesn’t do that without Evan Stewart and some additional difference makers. This team still has some growing pains to go through, especially after watching yesterdays game.

Advertisement
When I see our offense and overall rhythm, I don't think of what I watched from Dawson elsewhere. I think "this seems aligned with how Mario wants to control a football game." It might work or be safer if we ever have huge talent advantages, but when the talent is closer to even, I believe we need to find the competitive advantages elsewhere.
150% true!

Advertisement
When I see our offense and overall rhythm, I don't think of what I watched from Dawson elsewhere. I think "this seems aligned with how Mario wants to control a football game." It might work or be safer if we ever have huge talent advantages, but when the talent is closer to even, I believe we need to find the competitive advantages elsewhere.
We can only wonder what would have happened if JB11's pass on the very first play didn't bounce out of George's mitts 40 yards down the field...

If your definition of contender is playoff bound, cool. But there are others that can do that for us as well.
If your definition of contender is national championship game, Ward doesn’t do that without Evan Stewart and some additional difference makers. This team still has some growing pains to go through, especially after watching yesterdays game.
Contender to me is making playoffs (12 team format) & possibly winning ACC. Ward can get us 10+ wins with what we got.

KJ? We will be in some close games, and it’s a coin flip with Mario in close games. So there’s some doubt.

Crazy how Murphy ended up at the Duke with many top programs in search of a QB since he is considered the second coming of Jesus on here. Maybe is not THAT good?
His name was certainly mentioned quite a bit over the last year. All of our top choices, not a peep.

Advertisement
I’ll make one prediction based on my gut. We will not secure a commitment for at least another week.

I’ll make one prediction based on my gut. We will not secure a commitment for at least another week.
When the dead periods ends? Because Ward is not coming and we have to bring in some other visitors before making a decision.

We will have a QB after the first weekend post dead period, that’s my educated guess.

Advertisement
Ironically, we were better off as a progam had we not played yesterday. The so-called benefits of playing in a bowl game were negated by the actual performance in the bowl game. In just 60 mins all of the off-season momentum came to a crashing halt and the proverbial “we suck again” became our calling.

But we were contractually obligated to ***** ourselves out for a few extra million to be shared with the ACC.

When the dead periods ends? Because Ward is not coming and we have to bring in some other visitors before making a decision.

We will have a QB after the first weekend post dead period, that’s my educated guess.
Exactly my thinking. We’ll have a guy or two visit next week and will hopefully get a commitment by the end of the weekend.

Attachments

• 11803562.jpg
    11803562.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back