QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well those updates aren't exactly positive or sound like we will have any resolution soon. I also fear if it's not done before the dead period lifts he will take more visits. This needs locked up now or move on and roll the dice.

Advertisement
The question is how serious is he about the NFL? I’ve always viewed it as a negotiation ploy but maybe he’s in fact thinking of taking the jump. There’s somebody in his camp pushing the nfl hard. Imo It would be idiotic with his NIL money on the table here and his uncertainty in the draft. Nobody expected the NFL to be a legit option.
I’m taking from this, the mood has shifted in regards to ward to Miami? Or am I reading too much into it

Wherever dude goes, there’s no doubt that he’ll be capable of surveying the entire field and seeing all of his options. The question is, will he make a decision on where to go with the ball before he is sacked?

Well those updates aren't exactly positive or sound like we will have any resolution soon. I also fear if it's not done before the dead period lifts he will take more visits. This needs locked up now or move on and roll the dice.
people don't have to agree with it but we have a game tomorrow and it's likely Mario has arranged for it to break after then

no sense in being negative or down about the situation because it didn't meet the fan's preferred timeline. as long as our top target is on the board, we're good

Advertisement
It would be foolish for the top tier guys after Ward to commit anywhere. Once Ward makes a decision they become the belle of the ball and will have the leverage. That explains why Howard is waiting this out , Jefferson too.
How long does it usually take to get a grade from the NFL?? I figured something like that wouldn't be too hard to find the info on from Cam's side of things....
I'm just basing that on others who have gotten grades already which pushed their decisions forward....

People with 0.0 knowledge of a situation and firing off absolute and vehement takes will never not be funny to me.

This would be like me going to a thoracic surgery conference and standing up and yelling at the keynote speaker about how to perform a heart transplant. How bout shutting the **** up and letting the professionals do what they do?

How long does it usually take to get a grade from the NFL?? I figured something like that wouldn't be too hard to find the info on from Cam's side of things....
I'm just basing that on others who have gotten grades already which pushed their decisions forward....
He got his grade already, for instance CJ stroud waited until the very last day to opt into the draft as possible and he was in contention for QB1/QB2 in the draft soooo....

Im guessing its Dad pushing the NFL agenda, he seems like a helicopter parent who would do that. It also lines up with him delaying everything and saying we work on our own timeline and if one door closes thats ok we understand, another will open. In this case, the college door closes due to their unrealistic timeline and he gets his wish by default, the NFL.
this ^^^ Shodell spoke about his contact with the father. He said he was very cooperative and a good interview up to the end of last week. He's gone dark now and they are not returning phone calls, etc. Shodell said he has heard that agents are pushing to enter the NFL- the sooner he's in, the sooner he will be up for the 2nd contract. The belief is he would stay in the NFL long enough to get to that point. The trade off would be getting the bigger payment via NIL for one more year of college vs. playing for the long term and many more millions in a couple of years. If he waits it out, the other possibility is there will be more teams looking for a high caliber QB after the bowl games are over. January 15th is the deadline to register for early entrance into the draft process.

Both Shodell and Ferman said it is their impression that Miami was not expecting it to go this long.

They also tossed around the idea that the Wards were waiting to see what the offense looked like with JB - they already know how it went for TVD and perhaps are waiting to see what it looks like with a QB who is more mobile. They don't think that's a serious factor but it could be another of many reasons for the delay.

Pete Nakos, ON3 national transfer portal guy, was on the Andy Staples show recently. This is what he said about WArd's situation:

“I have not been very public about what a timetable could be for Cam Ward because I’ve heard everything from; he was gonna announce last Wednesday to this past Friday to Christmas Day. And now it’s Tuesday the 26th, and people are saying midweek this week, which could be tomorrow. I have no idea about the timetable. I’m not going to set one just because I don’t think there is one.”

In a previous appearance, Nakos revealed that the NFL was very much in play for Ward. There has been a limited amount of discussion surrounding his draft stock, unlike the likes of Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jaylen Daniels. But the inconsistent play at quarterback this year in the NFL could make a jump to the next level more lucrative for Ward should he choose to declare for the 2024 Draft.

Advertisement
It would be foolish for the top tier guys after Ward to commit anywhere. Once Ward makes a decision they become the belle of the ball and will have the leverage. That explains why Howard is waiting this out , Jefferson too.
As in Professional free agency, the market waits on the top dog to decide. He sets the market. So, like you said, explains why so many qbs are holding still right now.

With respect to the Schools confidence in having Ward in the bag. That always kept me on my toes.

1) school has felt confident in a lot of targets that they felt they had, or even were told they had, and it didn't come to fruition (Stone, Jeremiah Smith, etc.)

2. There has to be a reason why he hasnt announced yet. If you're all in, loving the school and the offer, you make a decision. If it gets dragged out this long after a visit....it seems like you're looking for a reason to go elsewhere (nfl in this case).

the longer this drags out, the more variables come into the equation and the more sharks start to circle imo.

But I understand the confidence of many, as that is the information being released from within.

People with 0.0 knowledge of a situation and firing off absolute and vehement takes will never not be funny to me.

This would be like me going to a thoracic surgery conference and standing up and yelling at the keynote speaker about how to perform a heart transplant. How bout shutting the **** up and letting the professionals do what they do?
Some of my favorites:
-he hasn’t announced yet, so we should move on
-he hasn’t decided yet, so he is a diva
-his family and handlers are not good people

It would take him 5years on his rookie contract to make what our offer is rumored to be for 1year. If he even stayed on a team for 5years. Lot of “ifs” the nfl route, to risk leaving our deal on the table. Just doesnt make common sense.

Advertisement
He just better hopes if he goes pro, then he gets selected by a team organization that’s not dysfunctional, no dysfunctional owner, and has a good OC. QB success is heavily dependent on those three factors imo, other positions not so much.
He’s depending on a lot of variables that he’ll have no control over . From who drafts him , what round, scheme , contract etc. With college he’ll have complete control over everything right down to the guarantee of his finances. He will dictate a lot of his future just by betting on himself one year in college. The risk reward isn’t close.

Its a message board, our recruiting season is pretty much wrapped up and we are waiting on one final piece who is taking his sweet *** time. What the **** else are we supposed to do but speculate while we wait? I get the vehement and absolute part but cant really get bent out of shape over people making guesses in a situation like this.

We already talked about testosterone therapy, the next stop is back to wrestling and BBQ if something doesn't happen soon.

It would take him 5years on his rookie contract to make what our offer is rumored to be for 1year. If he even stayed on a team for 5years. Lot of “ifs” the nfl route, to risk leaving our deal on the table. Just doesnt make common sense.
Only the 1st RDers get a 5th year option on their contract and he's not going RD 1. So he would have to pray he lasts his rookie deal and gets extended or picked up somewhere else etc.

Advertisement
Depends on where he is drafted. Mid third round is a $5.5 million contract over 4 years including a $1.2 million signing bonus. So first year is $1.2 bonus+ $1.1 salary.

Its a message board, our recruiting season is pretty much wrapped up and we are waiting on one final piece who is taking his sweet *** time. What the **** else are we supposed to do but speculate while we wait? I get the vehement and absolute part but cant really get bent out of shape over people making guesses in a situation like this.

We already talked about testosterone therapy, the next stop is back to wrestling and BBQ if something doesn't happen soon.

I have no issues with people guessing and offering opinions of who they prefer, pros/cons to each player, contingencies etc.

The utter buffoons are the dozens and dozens of morons talking like they have any idea what has transpired to this point and/or what is ongoing.

Only the 1st RDers get a 5th year option on their contract and he's not going RD 1. So he would have to pray he lasts his rookie deal and gets extended or picked up somewhere else etc.
Getting drafted that late he’ll be depending a lot of wild stuff happening for him to play or even making a roster. It’s a crazy gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back