QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Welp, we've already pivoted to the "we feel good about the guys we have" narrative, so there's that lol
i swear to god you guys act like you've never heard coachspeak before. obviously he's going to express public confidence about the QB room when we're going into a bowl game relying on the services of an unproven young guy who might be transferring out. he'd be an idiot not to.

I want my qb and I want it now!!!!
1703189299535.jpeg

Advertisement
Obviously the sooner we land Ward the better.

But I'll be a little bitter if it's today because I'll be left wondering "what if" with regards to JJ if Ward had just committed a few days earlier.
I actually dont think it mattered. It has been tooooo quiet from anyone on the QB situation. Maybe D$ is right and everyone is still negotiating but even in Mario's presser they asked if Blount was a surprise and he smiled and said he keeps his cards close. Then when asked about QB he used the same analogy. Mario is OCD when it comes to what gets out and when. My guess is as of Monday they felt like they had JS and JS knows or knew Ward was in. Then Mario's plan was have a massive signing day flip for the #1 recruit then the next day get Ward on board and we go into the holidays with UM being the thing talked about.

Now if there is no announcement and this is all just smoke then you could be right. but IF he pops today then I doubt something happened yesterday or this morning that made him say ok today is the day. I assume it was always planned just how Marley Cook at 7 pm was always planned. No way that just came up and they did it in the middle of the JS drama but how do you tell a kid no if it was preplanned? Clearly the JS **** was not planned for. I also do not believe that it was pure coincidence that Mario burned his in home with JS when Ward was only in town for one night. So you have your #1 target for QB on campus for only one night and he happens to pop over to JS house and neglect the QB? nah. no way.

Advertisement
I actually dont think it mattered. It has been tooooo quiet from anyone on the QB situation. Maybe D$ is right and everyone is still negotiating but even in Mario's presser they asked if Blount was a surprise and he smiled and said he keeps his cards close. Then when asked about QB he used the same analogy. Mario is OCD when it comes to what gets out and when. My guess is as of Monday they felt like they had JS and JS knows or knew Ward was in. Then Mario's plan was have a massive signing day flip for the #1 recruit then the next day get Ward on board and we go into the holidays with UM being the thing talked about.

Now if there is no announcement and this is all just smoke then you could be right. but IF he pops today then I doubt something happened yesterday or this morning that made him say ok today is the day. I assume it was always planned just how Marley Cook at 7 pm was always planned. No way that just came up and they did it in the middle of the JS drama but how do you tell a kid no if it was preplanned? Clearly the JS **** was not planned for. I also do not believe that it was pure coincidence that Mario burned his in home with JS when Ward was only in town for one night. So you have your #1 target for QB on campus for only one night and he happens to pop over to JS house and neglect the QB? nah. no way.
if ward was in, ward himself would have announced it already. Oregon announced both their QBs. it's likely ward hasn't made a decision and is still debating the NFL. Howard still waiting on the USC NIL situation. I think ward is waiting on the NFL and/or OSU as his top choices and trying to delay this enough

good news for anyone that's just catching up in this thread

announcements typically happen at 7pm EST, so in the off chance that we get ward at 7, you'll still have time after to make it to the dr before your chubby reaches the dreaded 4 hour window

if ward was in, ward himself would have announced it already. Oregon announced both their QBs. it's likely ward hasn't made a decision and is still debating the NFL. Howard still waiting on the USC NIL situation. I think ward is waiting on the NFL and/or OSU as his top choices and trying to delay this enough
Ward to the NFL talk makes little sense.

He could be, but I dont see what Oregon announcing their two QBs has to do with Miami? I am saying my analysis only applies if Ward pops today.

Reasoning is I doubt something happened in the last 24 hours that swayed him to make that decision today. I am saying it was likely planned by Mario to wait. He could have done it two weeks ago sure but just like Blount could have done it two weeks ago. Why the wait? Who knows. **** with as busy as Mario was yesterday with all the croots and the JS nonsense I doubt they had time to discuss much with Ward. If Ward does not pop today then I think you are right, likely weighing decisions. Just find it odd none of our insiders are worried and we have not heard a peep about another QB. Like I get being content to wait on Ward but if it was truly an unknown why not bring in some other guys, get eyes on them, and have your backup plan in place? Makes no sense to sit stagnant and wait. That is like Manny recruiting. Swing for the fence, whiff and have nothing to fall back on. Mario always seems to have a fall back and to not even be trying to me is telling.

Advertisement
i swear to god you guys act like you've never heard coachspeak before. obviously he's going to express public confidence about the QB room when we're going into a bowl game relying on the services of an unproven young guy who might be transferring out. he'd be an idiot not to.
Yea like when a coach or AD gives the "vote of confidence" to a coach or coordinator who's about to get canned. These geniuses expect them to publicly say "yea he sucks and we're gonna fire his a$$"

He could be, but I dont see what Oregon announcing their two QBs has to do with Miami? I am saying my analysis only applies if Ward pops today.

Reasoning is I doubt something happened in the last 24 hours that swayed him to make that decision today. I am saying it was likely planned by Mario to wait. He could have done it two weeks ago sure but just like Blount could have done it two weeks ago. Why the wait? Who knows. **** with as busy as Mario was yesterday with all the croots and the JS nonsense I doubt they had time to discuss much with Ward. If Ward does not pop today then I think you are right, likely weighing decisions. Just find it odd none of our insiders are worried and we have not heard a peep about another QB. Like I get being content to wait on Ward but if it was truly an unknown why not bring in some other guys, get eyes on them, and have your backup plan in place? Makes no sense to sit stagnant and wait. That is like Manny recruiting. Swing for the fence, whiff and have nothing to fall back on. Mario always seems to have a fall back and to not even be trying to me is telling.
they had enough time to pop Cook in the middle of the JS drama legit in the middle of it lol. you know what helps sway a five star number 1 WR your way over OSU is having your Portal QB pop. Oregon did flip a WR from OSU on NSD. having two QBs that he knows will be throwing him passes helps.

theyre not worried bc their guys are saying theyre confident in the money being a draw. we will land a QB this cycle from the portal. who that QB is TBD.

Advertisement
they had enough time to pop Cook in the middle of the JS drama legit in the middle of it lol. you know what helps sway a five star number 1 WR your way over OSU is having your Portal QB pop. Oregon did flip a WR from OSU on NSD. having two QBs that he knows will be throwing him passes helps.

theyre not worried bc their guys are saying theyre confident in the money being a draw. we will land a QB this cycle from the portal. who that QB is TBD.
Well respectfully, I am unsure if you know why they are not worried. They could be confident in the general money situation or they could know Ward is in the boat. You are speculating like me. I also am saying I do not think Cook called them at 6 and said I am ready to pop and they said great, lets send out a bat signal to make everyone go crazy thinking it is JS for it to be a transfer from MTSU. I think Cook was in the boat for a lil bit and was always planning on popping late on signing day otherwise you likely tell him to hold off knowing it would send the fans into a tizzy based on whats going on. But because it was planned you dont tell kid B to hold off on his moment because Kid A is causing drama.

Or maybe the plan was to have Ward pop yesterday too and with all the drama they held off. IDK man just saying if Ward pops today I doubt something from his NFL future came in last night and that is when he decided to come here. I am saying it was always planned and we have known about it and so did JS and it didnt matter because he was set on going to OSU instead of playing one year as a TF with a QB that will guarantee be gone for his money (JR and Soph) years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back