QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I said that my English was not very good tbh lol
Sorry Anchorman GIF by reactionseditor

-Cam visits FSU
-Cam may go pro

- need Cam onboard to maximize recruiting class/portal

-today's 'strawman' deadline (alternative?šŸ™„)

*sure looks like they're either tryin' to maximize the šŸ’° or not sold on whether we're the best option. Anyone still optimistic?
them canceling future visits and locking it down makes me think the first option

I say the following, obviously, without knowing if there is an agreement in place with Ward and this is part of some plan although very unlikely.

Losing Howard and Ward is unacceptable. Mario malpractice actually in terms of judgement.

Regardless of how this plays out, even if we get Ward as a result of taking this huge risk, we should've pivoted to Howard the moment Ward decided to take the visit.

I would've given him a deadline for Thursday night, which was the day he was traveling to FSU.

Are you in or out? You go on that trip, the offer is off the table and we wish you the best of luck. We will pivot to option #2.

Boom - done and we have a QB and we move forward with other pressing needs (ESD, Bowl prep, etc).

To now have to possibly go into Christmas and post bowl games for a transfer QB if Ward is out is ******* unacceptable and malpractice, once again, by taking such a huge risk. The drop off is massive after those two guys. The risks isnā€™t necessary.

The players are kinda similar. Sure, Ward is better but itā€™s not a massive gulf (evaluating, say Jalen Hurts vs a Zach Wilson.

But, letā€™s see how it plays out and if this deadline for today upholds or we are told to kick rocks.
Mope.

Advertisement
Itā€™s a fairly crowded field at QB for the draft right now. Youā€™ve got Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Michael Penix, Bo Nix, Michael Pratt, Spencer Rattler already.

It doesnā€™t make sense to turn down $2 million+ to be a 3rd day pick and possibly only make a few hundreds

Mean kid doesnā€™t really see the value in playing for Miami. He thinks being a 7th rounder is a better option. Yikes
He is ranked as the 202nd prospect which is a high 6th round pick. QBs do sometimes get selected a little higher but it would be very unintelligent to turn down a guaranteed 2 million to maybe be selected in the 5th round and get a guaranteed 250-500K contact.

Advertisement
So if he gets picked AFTER 3rd round here is an idea what he would make.

The range of salaries for fourth-round picks, including signing bonuses, is $733,600 to $814,377.

I would think if he came back had a big year at Miami he would be a top 100 pick in 2025 NFL Draft, and make over 1 Million per.
the biggest question is does he believe miami will vault him or hurt him? I was really hoping TVD would have a big year w Dawson but injuries among other things got in the way. the way he started this past year was a great sign though if only we could have kept that going in conference play (tho the Lville and BC games were refreshing)

Itā€™s a fairly crowded field at QB for the draft right now. Youā€™ve got Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Michael Penix, Bo Nix, Michael Pratt, Spencer Rattler already.

It doesnā€™t make sense to turn down $2 million+ to be a 3rd day pick and possibly only make a few hundreds
It always comes down to whoā€™s advising these young men. Seems to have a solid foundation with mom and that and outside of that, donā€™t know if his advisors are competent people or snakes or a little of both (competent snakes).

If Miami thinks Nelson is the **** and can succeed right away with this OL/WRs/RBs and schedule, then they can pay him the $.

Ohio St hasn't had to go get a portal QB post-NIL era. I believe they got Fields before NIL. They'd have the money and he's starting over Brown.

Michigan has the $ and a starting spot open.

Auburn has the money and he's starting over Peyton Thorne.

Arkansas has the money and the starting spot.

Nelson isn't going to transfer and sit, so whoever is offering him the $ and the offense, he's going there and will start.
did I miss something with Michigan's QB, McCarthy? He's a true Jr, so why is that position open?

Advertisement
I say the following, obviously, without knowing if there is an agreement in place with Ward and this is part of some plan although very unlikely.

Losing Howard and Ward is unacceptable. Mario malpractice actually in terms of judgement.

Regardless of how this plays out, even if we get Ward as a result of taking this huge risk, we should've pivoted to Howard the moment Ward decided to take the visit.

I would've given him a deadline for Thursday night, which was the day he was traveling to FSU.

Are you in or out? You go on that trip, the offer is off the table and we wish you the best of luck. We will pivot to option #2.

Boom - done and we have a QB and we move forward with other pressing needs (ESD, Bowl prep, etc).

To now have to possibly go into Christmas and post bowl games for a transfer QB if Ward is out is ******* unacceptable and malpractice, once again, by taking such a huge risk. The drop off is massive after those two guys. The risks isnā€™t necessary.

The players are kinda similar. Sure, Ward is better but itā€™s not a massive gulf (evaluating, say Jalen Hurts vs a Zach Wilson).

But, letā€™s see how it plays out and if this deadline for today upholds or we are told to kick rocks.
I mostly agree should this come to pass. But, your criticism is based on Howard being a viable (bird in hand) option. We donā€™t know that.

Howard may have told the staff he was still taking the USC visit notwithstanding our offer. That makes perfect sense to me given Rileyā€™s rep with QBs. If my assumption is accurate, then you cannot give Ward an ultimatum because its a bluff that may not work.

I mostly agree should this come to pass. But, your criticism is based on Howard being a viable (bird in hand) option. We donā€™t know that.

Howard may have told the staff he was still taking the USC visit notwithstanding our offer. That makes perfect sense to me given Rileyā€™s rep with QBs. If my assumption is accurate, then you cannot give Ward an ultimatum because its a bluff that may not work.
I made my statement because based on info shared with me, that wasnā€™t the case.

Iā€™ll leave it at that.

I made my statement because based on info shared with me, that wasnā€™t the case.

Iā€™ll leave it at that.
The peacocks are going to have a seizure if we donā€™t have a QB by ESD.

Advertisement

The players are kinda similar. Sure, Ward is better but itā€™s not a massive gulf (evaluating, say Jalen Hurts vs a Zach Wilson).

Send me the showdown gif now

I know the NFL Draft is every kids dream, and I know that's enticing, but buddy, you can make $1.5m-$2m in Miami for 1 season, or be a 5th RD pick by the Cleveland Browns and make $750k-$1m

I guess it's a gamble either way but I would say he has more upside playing at Miami and making that kind of money while having an opportunity to raise his draft stock next year. Probably more than he would going to FSU because they are not going 13-0 next year for sure and we are likely to improve on our record.

Iā€™ll leave it at that.
Well thenā€¦if thatā€™s true (no reason to believe otherwise)ā€¦I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly!!!

Count me in the ā€œIā€™m going to be ****ed šŸ˜”ā€ camp!!!

Just donā€™t see him going pro with all the fumbles this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back