QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Advertisement
Flo mentioned late 2nd -3rd last night. No idea where he gets his info but as I posted above, it seemed a little more optimistic than 3-7...
A Ravens scout told me Ward in the 3rd round would only be a team that just loves the ceiling and taking a flier. Likely with multiple picks in the round to take that chance.

He’s a 5th round grade on their board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
actually, I would disagree with that. He seems to know as much as what has been said here. he is more frank about the situation in the voice chats.

He said last week that the staff had told Ward they'd like an answer by today. His father seemed to echo that sentiment. Whether they actually care about the deadline is another story.

The first time Flo mentioned the draft with any concern was yesterday. He seemed to be under the impression his draft grade was a bit better than what was said here. He did say that if nothing has gone public by tonight, he will be very very concerned.

he also mentioned that he heard Mario may wait to see who comes out after all the bowls are done....
Some had said 3rd round.

Pete said 3rd day.

Advertisement
So if he gets picked AFTER 3rd round here is an idea what he would make.

The range of salaries for fourth-round picks, including signing bonuses, is $733,600 to $814,377.

I would think if he came back had a big year at Miami he would be a top 100 pick in 2025 NFL Draft, and make over 1 Million per.

Advertisement

Flo is more worried about the Draft than FSU. Said he would be shocked if it was FSU

he also seems to evaluate Ward higher and going higher in the draft than some others have suggested. Not sure I agree but what the **** do I know?

I heard a similar sentiment yesterday.
I say the following, obviously, without knowing if there is an agreement in place with Ward and this is part of some plan although very unlikely.

Losing Howard and Ward is unacceptable. Mario malpractice actually in terms of judgement.

Regardless of how this plays out, even if we get Ward as a result of taking this huge risk, we should've pivoted to Howard the moment Ward decided to take the visit.

I would've given him a deadline for Thursday night, which was the day he was traveling to FSU.

Are you in or out? You go on that trip, the offer is off the table and we wish you the best of luck. We will pivot to option #2.

Boom - done and we have a QB and we move forward with other pressing needs (ESD, Bowl prep, etc).

To now have to possibly go into Christmas and post bowl games for a transfer QB if Ward is out is ******* unacceptable and malpractice, once again, by taking such a huge risk. The drop off is massive after those two guys. The risks isn’t necessary.

The players are kinda similar. Sure, Ward is better but it’s not a massive gulf (evaluating, say Jalen Hurts vs a Zach Wilson).

But, let’s see how it plays out and if this deadline for today upholds or we are told to kick rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back