QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did UM/Mario set that expectation, publicly, for it to be deemed "fact"?

Last I checked the words of 3rd parties can't be deemed fact regardless of their relation to the 1st party. Especially Without evidence the 1st party ever even took part or agreed with the information being released.
If we were in the court of law im sure you’d be spot on.

But it’s been established that those who have communicated a timeline to us have a relationship where they communicate the staff’s expectation and have basically said so (D$ LITERALLY posting UM’s expectation).

Now whether you care or not if that connection is publicly established by the 1st party (of course it won’t be), and require that to come to the conclusion that this is not going as planned, that’s up to you.

I understand this is a college football message board and reading between the lines is required, so I’m not gonna wait for Mario to post a video on here saying they have sources who communicate on their behalf to come to my conclusion.

Again, doesn’t mean the result can’t still be the desired outcome, but it’s my strong opinion the path we take there will be more tumultuous than the program expected.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who’s just a tad bit concerned with Ward’s fumbling issues? He fumbled the ball 14 times last year, including a 4 fumble game against Colorado, and a 3 fumble game against Cal. PFF credits him with 46 fumbles in his college career. This isn’t just bad, it’s alarmingly bad. This is the one major concern I have with him.
Miami gets him and it’s a non-issue.

FSU gets him and we’ll all point and laugh and talk about how coach cornrows got a fumbling machine at QB while we dodged a bullet.

I trust Mario when it comes to handling timelines with recruiting. Coaching hires and playcalling decisions are a different story.

If we were in the court of law im sure you’d be spot on.

But it’s been established that those who have communicated a timeline to us have a relationship where they communicate the staff’s expectation and have basically said so (D$ LITERALLY posting UM’s expectation).

Now whether you care or not if that connection is publicly established by the 1st party (of course it won’t be), and require that to come to the conclusion that this is not going as planned, that’s up to you.

I understand this is a college football message board and reading between the lines is required, so I’m not gonna wait for Mario to post a video on here saying they have sources who communicate on their behalf to come to my conclusion.

Again, doesn’t mean the result can’t still be the desired outcome, but it’s my strong opinion the path we take there will be more tumultuous than the program expected.
Occam Razor: they thought they had Ward and they have not. Yet.

Advertisement
Yes, that's the right resolution.

It's hard to be patient when 99% of the other transfers committed on the spot or a day after a visit though. My heart wants to believe DMoney and Cribby, but my brain is saying that if this week passes without Ward or Howard announcing for UM we won't get either of the two.
My gut is telling me that this has to do with Jeremiah Smith. Perhaps it’s to announce the qb addition close enough to nsd to flip JS without giving Ohio St time to punch back. But who knows.

you can't blame this on a leak.secrecy shouldn't be a condition for the kid to sign here. either he wants to or not.
I remember DJ Williams was a late ish signee and rumor was he delayed cause his decision leaked

But yeah, I think these players announce when they feel like it and unfortunately many like the attention and play the look at me game

Miami gets him and it’s a non-issue.

FSU gets him and we’ll all point and laugh and talk about how coach cornrows got a fumbling machine at QB while we dodged a bullet.
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Advertisement

It's hard to be patient when 99% of the other transfers committed on the spot or a day after a visit though. My heart wants to believe DMoney and Cribby, but my brain is saying that if this week passes without Ward or Howard announcing for UM we won't get either of the two.
Which means some of the most insufferable people on this board would have been right and the mope juice will flow.

I’d bet someone is Ward’s camp told him don’t marry the first girl you kiss. I’m sure FSU said whatever was needed to get him to visit. When the negotiations start who knows if FSU make$ it worth hi$ while. But Miami & Mario can’t afford to wait for him to decide. If Howard wants in and Ward doesn’t give you a clear decision by eod I’d move on.
I don’t even like this approach. IF Howard wanted in, you take his commitment. Lot of unknown variables in play here though- but you have to believe that Mario & Co. are smarter than allowing Ward to go on additional visits while telling Howard to “stay put- we’ll be right back”.

Advertisement

i trust mario with a lot of recruiting stuff but quick decisions on the offensive side of the ball havent really been a thing with him so far aside from OL.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back