QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tin foil hat theory:

- Mario is all about perception and timing, and is very much invested in winning this bowl game.
- He feels letting news of Ward signing would create a bigger distraction to the team (especially Jacurri) than allowing it to simply remain an unknown at the moment.
- He and the Wards therefore agree to an announcement “around Christmas” that could be interpreted as “right after our bowl game.”

You can take me to the funny farm now. Lol

It would make sense not to announce Ward to UM until after the bowl at during the bowl game. Imagine the publicity it would bring to the team . That would distract players especially our Qb.
yep

jacurri has given this team 2 years of work for this moment. it changes absolutely nothing for our future to announce after the bowl game, announcing before would create a ton of buzz for the person who jacurri is going to be replaced by

jacurri knows we're getting a QB in the portal, but i suspect with how mindful Mario is in these types of situations (helping coaches, players, recruits find new homes) that he's letting jacurri have this stage and then we'll hear ward announce Friday - just my hunch

Advertisement
Ward’s Dad must be looking for one single NFL team to give him an early third round grade.
It is my understanding that the initial NFL prospect grades are generated from a central scouting service ran by the NFL. That player evaluation information is supplied to the individuals through the College Advisory Committee to aid in their decision-making process as to whether professional football is an alternative at this point in their college career. The individual teams do their evaluations and information gathering separate from the NFL prospect grades. Hence, I do not think that individual NFL teams share their scouting information with college eligible players.

He’s in your time zone. In fact you both use the same provider in the same city.
👀
I Will Find You GIF

Advertisement
Does anyone know when the dead period ends? The second it ends, Jefferson needs to already be on his way to Miami. I hate to be that guy but you need to move on from Ward. Personally, I think there are other teams involved in his recruitment. I have a hard time believing it takes three weeks to decide whether you want to go to the NFL or play at Miami.

Why not during bowl game or some where after. Didn’t D King announce he was coming to UM during the National Championship game ?

Does anyone know when the dead period ends? The second it ends, Jefferson needs to already be on his way to Miami. I hate to be that guy but you need to move on from Ward. Personally, I think there are other teams involved in his recruitment. I have a hard time believing it takes three weeks to decide whether you want to go to the NFL or play at Miami.
think january 2nd, that's when alson the marshall DE is visiting us

Does FSU's QB hitting the portal change FSU's offer to Cam. If we're legitimately interested in him this complicates things IMO.
By that I mean I think he's shopping for a big offer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Howard to OSU would eliminate OSU.

FSU seems to be DJ.

USC seems to have issues with NIL.

So what's left for Ward, if not Miami? I wonder if that was the point of DMoney's update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back