QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Love to hear the backstory on waiting till “around Christmas”

Is it somebody’s bday?

Not an insider, just had a good source tell me Mario wants Brown to lock in and be 0 dark 30 and go win us the bowl game. So we are trying not to have anything distract him from doing so. Having Cam sign knowing he will be the starter next year is a huge distraction. Don’t shoot the messenger.. We shall see if he signs beforehand.
Not sure if you have insider clout but I wouldn't be mad at this scenario. We've waited this long

Gonna announce 1-1-24 cause he doesn’t want to pay taxes on 2.1 million or whatever his NIL is a week before the end of the year.
He signs 1-1 he has a year to figure out deductions.

Not a CPA just guessing.

Having said that …Mario it’s Christmas Day.Do you know where your starting QB for 2024 is ?

Advertisement
Once again His dad literally said” around Christmas”
Lol. It's like people can't understand the logical leap of the opportunity and money he's being given here as a gift to celebrate and announce during the biggest gift-giving holiday of the year

Gonna announce 1-1-24 cause he doesn’t want to pay taxes on 2.1 million or whatever his NIL is a week before the end of the year.

Not a CPA just guessing.

Having said that …Mario it’s Christmas Day.Do you know where your starting QB for 2024 is ?
As long as we don’t end up hearing some pathetic Jason Marshall esque excuse about somebody “ruining his moment” I’ll be ok with whatever happens. Just don’t have the capacity for more BS stories.

Advertisement
If we’re so desperate why hasn't another qb been on campus since Ward? We’ve had the same top two qb’s the entire time. You’d think we’d have a revolving door of visitors since we’re so “desperate“.

So dead period doesn’t apply to transfers?

Not a CPA just guessing.

Even if he reached an agreement to sign, he wouldn’t have to receive any taxable funds until 2024 anyway. This scenario is a non event.

I’m just tired of hitting refresh on the transfer portal page every hour. D$ & Andrew should be giving this fool his largest NIL package for all the traffic he is giving them

Advertisement
Advertisement
As much as the process can be beyond tiresome in a situation like this, I'll take it all day every day over what existed prior.

Gimme a kid deliberating or even playing leverage games for weeks over a kid taking a trip to a Bumblefuk town in the SEC, momma/daddy/uncle/mentor collecting their bags and the kid getting the keys to a late model Dodge and magically the entire process ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back