QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabrizio Romano about to announce Ward to Miami
Screenshot_20231219_215926_X.jpg

I tried to speed up the process for everyone.

Advertisement
Shodell has a thread on Miami ON3 site. He spoke to Ward's father tonight. He told him Christmas is still the date they are thinking and that nothing has happened to make them think it will be earlier. He says they are still "evaluating their options".

Translated: negotiating the best deal possible with whoever gives it to them..
Greed. A story as old as time. Hope it works out for him (and his father), and us. Not an ideal situation considering we were trying to get a QB on board before ESD.

KJ Jefferson in 2021 and 2022 was actually in a very similar situation as he'd be here.

Playing for an OL centered head coach, who has hired a coach somewhat unorthodox to what he knows to call his offense.

Pittman hiring Briles and Mario hiring Dawson.

In those 2 years:

2021 -- KJ was 9th in the country in passer rating. Better than Jordan Travis, Will Levis, Tyler Van Dyke, Sam Howell, Desmond Ridder, Aidan O'Connell, and Kenny Pickett. That's the 2 state QBs plus 5 NFL starters.
-- 9th in the country in yards per attempt. That's better than Bryce Young, Matt Corral, and all the guys I mentioned above. Only names above him include Stroud, Bennett, Hooker, Caleb Williams
-- 15th in the country in completion percentage. Again better than Bryce Young, Pickett, Levis, etc
-- He also ran for 664 yards, which is over 50 per game, with 6 TDs. Accounted for 27 TDs overall with only 4 INTs in 13 games. In the SEC West.

2022 -- KJ was 6th in the country in passer rating. Better than Drake Maye, JJ McCarthy, Jordan Travis, Max Duggan, Sam Hartman, and Stetson Bennett.
-- 20th in the country in yards per attempt. Better than McCarthy, DTR, Michael Penix Jr, Will Levis, etc
-- 8th in the country in completion percentage. Better than Jayden Daniels, Clayton Tune, and CJ Stroud
-- He also ran for 640 yards, which is over 58 per game, with 9 TDs. Accounted for 31 TDs with only 4 INTs in 10 games. In the SEC West.

In 2023, Briles moved on to TCU, and Arkansas hired a guy named Daniel Enos. I've never heard of him, but apparently he's not the best coordinator known to man. Who knew? Jefferson's numbers sunk, and he got hurt multiple times.

Make no mistake, this kid is a good football player. No, he's not an NFL passer. But he can ABSOLUTELY get the job done in this scheme, with this OL, this defense, and these weapons. No doubt about it.

And this is probably my single favorite thing about him and why I feel he'd be successful here:

Everybody thinks he sucks.

I LOVE that. The average person who gives their opinion and is really vocal about this stuff went to pre-first grade. If the average person hates him, that means he's actually really good. Because the average person is a ******* moron. (PS you’re entitled to not think he’s great. He’s in the portal. Very few kids there are great. They almost always have warts. I just think the majority of people who are yelling from the rooftops that he sucks didn’t actually watch him play. If you did and you’ve studied him and you say he’s useless, consider your opinion respected. I disagree.)

If we miss on Ward, sign me up for this kid. He would excel in this offense. He's basically what we all want Jacurri Brown to be. Big, mobile, accurate, experienced, tough, can run and throw, and he's 24 years old. We need some adults in that room. The last one we had was basically a mute. Someone who can come in and show Emory and Judd how to work, and also, maybe bringing this guy in helps keep Jacurri. Who better to continue to learn under than a **** carbon copy of the player you're trying to be?

He's been successful, and most adult helmet wearers tell me he stinks. Sign me up.
Great write up🙌🏻

Advertisement
Advertisement
The QB didn’t matter to him. It was the training and development program for WR’s that was the difference
You are probably right, but the one connection between Smith's recruitment and the QB is I'm now worried about this staff getting all of our hopes up when it feels confident about a high-level target.

The QB didn’t matter to him. It was the training and development program for WR’s that was the difference
Oh I know, I was more saying we are going back to wanting to know who the **** our qb is going to be next year hahah

Said this earlier in the NSD livestream thread, but I can't help but wonder if we had a QB in place, if would things have turned out differently w/ regards to Jeremiah Smith.
Not only were we trying to flip a guy was had been committed for a year, which is a HUGE challenge by itself, but we also couldn't tell him who his QB would be next year.

There's no way to know if it had any impact or not but in my mind, it didn't help.

Advertisement
Said this earlier in the NSD livestream thread, but I can't help but wonder if we had a QB in place, if would things have turned out differently w/ regards to Jeremiah Smith.
Not only were we trying to flip a guy was had been committed for a year, which is a HUGE challenge by itself, but we also couldn't tell him who his QB would be next year.

There's no way to know if it had any impact or not but in my mind, it didn't help.
No. JS committed to OSU and never wavered from that. He was always going there. Some kids wanna go away. Doesn't mean anything more than that

Last edited:
Advertisement

Apparently this was close all the way till the finals mins when he pulled his hat… whether you believe that or not.

I think everything little thing matters when it comes to flipping the #1 player in the nation… us not having a locked in starter definitely didn’t add a check mark next to us… say what you will but OSU has had consistent success with their system QBs

I almost got into the war room today. Sorry to let everyone down.
Question is if it was really that close for JS why sign today?? Is he an EE? Otherwise it would make sense to wait until February, see how both schools QB situation is playing out? See how his boys are loving school and fitting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back