QB Battle

Advertisement
Matt Stafford started as a true freshman after Joe Tereshinski got injured. JT never got his job back.

Aaron Murray started as a R-Freshman after Mettenberger got kicked out (not really the same I know.)

So as far as choosing a younger QB over a healthy older QB, I don't think so. But he hasn't been averse to going with a young QB or sticking with one.

And the only reason Murray redshirted was because he developed dead arm. Most UGA fans will tell you that Murray was Richt's guy, and would have started over the senior Cox as a true freshman. But physically he couldn't go, so Cox started, and Murray got the job the next year.
David Greene also started as a redshirt freshman, although I don't know if he did it over a returning upperclassman. I think he replaced Quincy Carter?

Last edited:
Rosier's problems weren't mechanics, or that he was 10 lbs heavy. His problem was simply not being able to make reads and get the ball accurately to his targets when he did. Those problems won't be fixed with mechanics or salad.
Maliks problem is he shoulda stuck with baseball... hes just not that good. Im sorry to the people who say we won ten games & all his bubble screens got him such s great season but im ready for a qb who can open things up & make atleast MOST of the throws necessary instead of several...

Advertisement
Blah blah blah blah more of this fluff that we already knew. This off-season BS is like banging your head against the wall constantly. Filler fluff etc. has to stop. What's next who is the LBs wait we covered that, what about who's going to make an impact blah blah blah. F Sake.

You are a ******* sissy

Rosier was indescribably bad in the last 3 games. But he was only mediocre in the games we did win. I just don't believe he is the answer. Either you have it at QB or you don't. I don't know of any QB who became a stud his senior year after being poor the year before. Yeah a small improvement does occasionally happen, but nothing earth shattering. Expect much of the same frustrating offense if Rosier starts next year.

Have to agree, Rosier is what he is and that won't change much going forward.

I've been watching highlights, and something that's stood out is how seldom Rosier's highlights were actually good throws as opposed to putting the ball up and letting his guys get it done. For the most part he literally just allowed the WRs to do their jobs and we won or he didn't and we didn't. I'll always appreciate what he did last season (there are plenty of guys who would have effed it up), but he's not able to do enough for us to get better. If we want to win more games, we need a QB who can make those around him better and/or an improved running game and/or a more consistent defense.

I'm hoping somebody will step up and take Rosier's job, but I don't want change just for the sake of change. Rosier may not be the answer, but playing a guy who isn't ready isn't the answer either. If none of the others can earn it, there are worse things than riding with the devil you know.

Advertisement
Rosier my God. I see the accuracy issues are still there. He missed irving by 20 feet in that clip

Rosier my God. I see the accuracy issues are still there. He missed irving by 20 feet in that clip

Ha, right? Terrible. I'm mean - I know it's only one pass but that was all kinds of terrible. The only one out of 4 to not complete the pass. He had multiple seasons at a power 5 school prior to Richt arriving, spring ball, fall camp and an entire season under a good qb coach in Richt - and the last 3 games, on top of an inconsistent season, he went 44%. It's pretty scary that he can't make that pass in the clip with zero pressure. He is what he is.

Dang Rozay, hope the rest of practice was better. I too would like to see some new blood take over. Hope the best man wins.

Ha, right? Terrible. I'm mean - I know it's only one pass but that was all kinds of terrible. The only one out of 4 to not complete the pass. He had multiple seasons at a power 5 school prior to Richt arriving, spring ball, fall camp and an entire season under a good qb coach in Richt - and the last 3 games, on top of an inconsistent season, he went 44%. It's pretty scary that he can't make that pass in the clip with zero pressure. He is what he is.

What's scary is nobody is beating him.

Advertisement
LOL at anyone who thinks a QB at this stage of his career will improve much on his accuracy. You guys are fools.

I just don't see it happening with him. The bad is really bad and the good (when it happened) was average and what should be expected of a power 5 QB on a consistent basis.

Advertisement
We better all hope that Richt and his”Rosier is our starter” BS is just using it ought a fire undef the other guys cause if Rosier starts we are in for a looooong year and says a lot toward the fact that both Richts evaluations suck.

Crazy to see the senior fading to the side on the roll out throw while the younger guys are squared up and attacking the LOS

We better all hope that Richt and his”Rosier is our starter” BS is just using it ought a fire undef the other guys cause if Rosier starts we are in for a looooong year and says a lot toward the fact that both Richts evaluations suck.

People are putting too much into that comment. What's he supposed to say? Kosi is our guy? No way a veteran coach is going to pull that. I think what's more telling is that he's throwing out there that it's an open competition. Every person that's paying attention to UM football (writers, fans, COACHES etc.) recognizes that QB is a pain point right now. The job may be Rosier's to lose - but it's very much up for grabs. Not sure what else Richt would have said. But, yea, could be an interesting year if he's under center.

I guarantee if you saw me on was ever around me you would not say that. I just hate when people are acting like soap opera TV shows with all the drama when scrimmages or contact has not even started yet.

Meat up? Bring yer singlet sissy boi.

Advertisement
Back