QB Battle

If Rosier gets better, which I think he will, and significantly so; and Perry still wins the job, we're going to be in the playoffs this year.

I'm not counting Williams out, but to me this is a Rosier/Perry battle and will determine how much upside this team has. The beauty is, for the first time that I can remember, if our starter goes down, we will actually have a guy who can come in and win games if/when needed.

Can't wait to see what we see at the spring game. It'll be like Christmas when you're really not sure if you're getting a new bike, or just a bunch of school clothes, underwear, and socks.

Advertisement
I'll be surprised if Rosier doesn't start versus LSU. He's a known quantity - plus whatever improvements he's made.

If Rosier doesn't have a hot hand, I'll be surprised if there's any hesitation to put Perry in.

I think you are twisting the kids words around a little bit there. He didn't say he was helpless, he said he was ineffective. He is saying that he should have been able to make enough plays to hold off Wisconsin, not that he felt there was nothing he could have done.

After re-reading it.

I must also agree that I misread it

Last edited:
Advertisement
if rosier is the starting qb, i'm gonna be immensely disappointed

not in rosier, or richt, or even miami itself but in perry, weldon, and williams
My disappointment wouldn't be in the young guys, they can't force Richt to name them the starter. I wouldn't be shocked for one second if Richt gave it to Rosier to start the season, which is what worries me.

What I really hope is that Richt doesn't bet the house on the 5th year Senior & have it backfire on us. This season could be special, we have enough talent to not just make to the ACCCG, but actually win it this year. Can't keep allowing old Folden era QB's to hold us back.

Richt has 3 young guns that he recruited, if all these other teams in P5/G5 ball are developing & starting TF/Red Frosh/Sophomore QB's while still winning big & contending Miami should be able to do the same.

I fully expect Rosier to start vs LSU. Richt just likes to go with the veteran player. Now if we lose that game because Rosier can't hit the side of a barn, then questions about Richts decision making will start to arise. Year 3 has seemed to be the year when our previous Coaches started to lose the fan base. An keeping Rosier at QB will be a huge gamble for Richt.

Advertisement
The hate for Rosier is unwarranted. He was a good gap year QB & earned his scholarship.

With that being said, he will not lead us to the promise land. Hopefully Kosi, Cade, or Jarren win the jerb.
He was the best of a bad bunch, and that gap year you speak of is over. He didn't put together one complete game last year. Not a single one. What he did manage to do was keep inferior teams in it with some pretty horrible passes and decisions. Not only will we not win a title with him, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the Coastal if he starts again this year, barring considerable improvement.

Advertisement
Every time I read a Rosier quote I punch myself in the face

Last edited:
I fully expect Rosier to start vs LSU. Richt just likes to go with the veteran player. Now if we lose that game because Rosier can't hit the side of a barn, then questions about Richts decision making will start to arise. Year 3 has seemed to be the year when our previous Coaches started to lose the fan base. An keeping Rosier at QB will be a huge gamble for Richt.
Because year 3 usually tends to yield results .. But so far we've been on an upward trajectory with richt I have no worries with him or his judgment ... I'm sure if rosier struggles he will just yanked and it won't be shirrefs replacing him

I hope that sitting out a year gave Perry time he needed to adjust and ultimately he wins the job outright with no controversy.
Seems like everyone is sleeping on Weldon...

Advertisement
It will come down to who gives us the best shot at beating LSU game one. Richt wants to win now ,not prepare someone with the most potential to win us games in the future. If Perry wins the job it means he has improved by leaps and bounds because that is what it will take to beat out a 5th year Sr. who won 10 games last year.

Seems like too many people are actually counting Williams in. Would be a colossal upset if he beats out all the incumbents, yet a large portion of CIS is predicting it.
Not really, when you consider the starter was below average last year. It's not like he's trying to unseat Baker Mayfield or someone that is actually polished in their craft. If a true freshman ever had a decent shot it it, it's an EE Williams.

I think you are twisting the kids words around a little bit there. He didn't say he was helpless, he said he was ineffective. He is saying that he should have been able to make enough plays to hold off Wisconsin, not that he felt there was nothing he could have done.

I didn’t read that at all. I read what he said, nothing he did got us back on track. He’s right. He played horribly against Wisconsin. He didn’t do anything to sustain a drive to keep Momentum on our side, and he didn’t do enough to lead us back.

I re-watched the game, 2x...and I was one of one of few that defended Rosier, blamed the refs and all. I still blame the refs for some, but he was very erratic.

He was making horrible reads. He was late on his passes. Even that non PI on Wisc against Cager, Cager was opened and Rosier held the ball about 1-2 secs too long and that allowed the defender to catch up and pull his way (literally) back in to coverage. Rosier was way off all year. 54% ain’t cutting it, playa.

I thank him for his comes backs, but let’s be honest, we shouldn’t have been in those positions anyway.

Advertisement
Back