QB Battle

Advertisement
Rosier will start against LSU. The next three games perry will be thrown into the mix. Perry should be starting by UNC.

Rosiers height is a concern too. Way too many passes batted down. That could be negated if we moved the launch point of his throws, but we really dont.

Unless he is light years ahead of Perry or Williams, he has no business being our starter, and I say that knowing our floor is 10 games w him under center.

Rosiers height is a concern too. Way too many passes batted down. That could be negated if we moved the launch point of his throws, but we really dont.

Unless he is light years ahead of Perry or Williams, he has no business being our starter, and I say that knowing our floor is 10 games w him under center.

Towards the end of the year I was calling for some more roll centered plays. Just thought at times we were so rhythm locked. Plus it gave receivers additional time down field. Our shots down field were essentially always off 3 step drops

After rosier rolled and Braxton scored on a double move corner post move vs pitt I screamed an exuberant THANK YOU. 😊

I do agree with strategic launch point changes like you.

Rosier was indescribably bad in the last 3 games. But he was only mediocre in the games we did win. I just don't believe he is the answer. Either you have it at QB or you don't. I don't know of any QB who became a stud his senior year after being poor the year before. Yeah a small improvement does occasionally happen, but nothing earth shattering. Expect much of the same frustrating offense if Rosier starts next year.

Advertisement
I wonder who's going to get the most first-team snaps at QB ? Has nkosi Perry picked up weight or will that mess up his throwing motion ? Lol....... But why wouldn't CMR play the QB he has chosen personally to be his signal-caller after 1 year experience in the Playbook.

Rosier will start against LSU. The next three games perry will be thrown into the mix. Perry should be starting by UNC.

this what i've been saying the last 3 months, I think he will start the game and play the first half, unless he really does bad, and Perry will play the second. I have also said i believe Rosier is a practice all american and Perry is not, i believe this is the reason Perry has not clearly beat out Rosier. I think when Perry gets under the lights his "true game" will come out, especially once he gets in his rhythm, this may never come out at practice. You never know what you really have until you throw them into the fire, yea practice will tell alot but its just not the same, even a live scrimmage, we have yet to see what Perry has under fire, we know what Rosier has. I say once Perry gets in there and the butterflies subside and he gets comfortable, he will play at a level much higher than Rosier. MR's play calling has really been limited with Rosier at the helm, we have weapons all over on O, you get the right QB in there the possibilities are endless. Think about KD with a better arm and twice the footspeed, understanding his role is to get the ball to one of his play makers and let him do his thing, all else fails use that footspeed and get what you can, do nothing stupid, and live to run another play. This is what i'm thinking Perry could be, all boils down to between the ears, he has everything else down.

I wonder who's going to get the most first-team snaps at QB ? Has nkosi Perry picked up weight or will that mess up his throwing motion ? Lol....... But why wouldn't CMR play the QB he has chosen personally to be his signal-caller after 1 year experience in the Playbook.
I don't think Richt has "chosen" Perry to be his QB. He brought him in to compete, and likes his potential. Just as he likes Williams' potential, or Weldons'. Besides, Al Golden was recruiting Perry before Richt.

Advertisement
Serious question:

Has Richt EVER started an underclassmen over an upperclassmen at QB?

I'm thinking the answer might be no, but I'm sure the brain trust here knows the answer.

Matt Stafford started as a true freshman after Joe Tereshinski got injured. JT never got his job back.

Aaron Murray started as a R-Freshman after Mettenberger got kicked out (not really the same I know.)

So as far as choosing a younger QB over a healthy older QB, I don't think so. But he hasn't been averse to going with a young QB or sticking with one.

Serious question:

Has Richt EVER started an underclassmen over an upperclassmen at QB?

I'm thinking the answer might be no, but I'm sure the brain trust here knows the answer.
Richt never had to use Rosier two years in a row, either.

Matt Stafford started as a true freshman after Joe Tereshinski got injured. JT never got his job back.

Aaron Murray started as a R-Freshman after Mettenberger got kicked out (not really the same I know.)

So as far as choosing a younger QB over a healthy older QB, I don't think so. But he hasn't been averse to going with a young QB or sticking with one.
There were likely more veteran options available on the UGA depth chart when he opted to go with Stafford and Murray.

I don’t think Rick is set in any way on playing more veteran players. What he is set on is playing guys who know what they’re doing and can run his offense. He’s going to play the QB that he thinks gives us the best chance to win games right now just like he did last year.

Advertisement
I was joking about all the hype of every little thing that get stressed about who has on sandals or certain type of gloves being worn. But believe N'kosi you straight up the man, with maybe the strongest arm ball placement and able to not so much scramble but to extend plays is what makes him so special coming out as a four-star. I see a split in the first half of the LSU game. But from there it will be Perry Rozier as a great backup with his fire in leadership. We are on a verge of the playoffs. But really to talk about what pair of socks someone may have on or anything before scrimmages is just blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Can’t afford to start rosier bs LSU. We will be 0-4 dating back to Pitt. It is bad enough CMR has (2) 3+ losing streaks here. We had a chance to be special last year and we ****ed it away. We can’t do that again

Advertisement
Some of you guys love setting yourselves up for meltdowns. Now, the off-season narrative is that there is some orderly transition whereby Rosier starts the LSU game and by half time his career at UM is moonlighting.

No. Just no. Get that into your heads now. There is zero chance Richt benches his starter absent a meltdown against LSU.

If Perry, Weldon, or Williams are going to be the starting QB for UM, they need to win the job in camp.

If Malik starts and wins the LSU game, pretty or ugly, he isn't getting benched and will start and win the next 3 or 4 jerkoff games against FIU, Savannah State, etc.

Sure the other guys can get some burn, but they aren't taking the job away from a 5-0 or 4-1 starter. They want the job, they need to win it convincingly and head to LSU as the guy.

Can’t afford to start rosier bs LSU. We will be 0-4 dating back to Pitt. It is bad enough CMR has (2) 3+ losing streaks here. We had a chance to be special last year and we ****ed it away. We can’t do that again

What did we **** away? We weren't going to beat Clemson, or even stay within a few scores of them especially with no Henrdon or Richards. We peaked. We won the coastal. That was our ceiling. Every team in the playoffs was 1 to 2 years ahead of us as a program. Yeah, the OB win would have been great, but that's just window dressing.

Barring injury or a total collapse, whoever starts the LSU game finishes it imo.

It’s hard enough to keep a team focused and on the same page without adding second guessing after every game, half or even series.

Advertisement
Back