Q & A with Kai-Leon Herbert

I love the fact that he called to commit to us the very same night that the Gayturds head coach and "ace recruiter" were just sitting in his living room. He basically told McEltrainwreck and Shannon...........
IMG_20170514_163647.jpg

Advertisement
Good post. Should move to main board. Interesting how he addressed the question of Rumph as a recruiter:

"Coach Rumph is more of a hands on guy. Definitely hands on. When he talks to you, you're going to listen and you're going to get the information from him because it's the best. Recruiting-wise, like I said, he's more hands on, so when he talks to you it's different it's different than how he coaches you. I guess that might be something that he has to work on, but I mean he got me. He got [2018 defensive tackle Nesta Silvera] and he's probably going to get some other guys."

Very interesting. I'm not sure what he meant by that, but it's interesting to hear him say "he needs to work on that." That's a pretty candid comment from a kid and supports the evidence that tells us recruiting isn't Rumph's strong suit.

Agreed. I guess the silver lining here is we've heard Rumph admit he was learning on the job this year and was hoping to improve his recruiting game moving forward. It makes me nervous, but better a man confront his faults than pretend he doesn't have any, like that stiff and sweaty cheeseburger peddlin' Al Golden.

Last edited:
Good post. Should move to main board. Interesting how he addressed the question of Rumph as a recruiter:

"Coach Rumph is more of a hands on guy. Definitely hands on. When he talks to you, you're going to listen and you're going to get the information from him because it's the best. Recruiting

I don't have any doubts about Rumphs ability to coach, but recruiting is different game and he is still learning.

It could be possible his approach looks different than most because he tells it straight up when most of these kids are getting fed a line of B.S. all the other times

I think that's what he meant.Rumph is a straight shooter but could work on his people skills,needs to tell kids what they want to hear sometimes telling kids what they need to hear actually turns them away like it did with Henderson.

Exactly! I read it as Rumph needs to learn to twist reality better and/or be a liar.

If a recruit described Coach Kul this way, the trait would be praised and there's no way Kul would be expected to change this approach. And yes, I understand that Kul has more experience and proven outcomes than Rumph as a coach, but we're talking about character and being a man which is very important in life, relationship building and recruiting. I'm sure Rumph knows what to tweak now though, and it's not his integrity.

HarrietTurdmanCane has spoken

RedundantVicariousAzzholeCane has spoken lol!

I think that's what he meant.Rumph is a straight shooter but could work on his people skills,needs to tell kids what they want to hear sometimes telling kids what they need to hear actually turns them away like it did with Henderson.

Exactly! I read it as Rumph needs to learn to twist reality better and/or be a liar.

If a recruit described Coach Kul this way, the trait would be praised and there's no way Kul would be expected to change this approach. And yes, I understand that Kul has more experience and proven outcomes than Rumph as a coach, but we're talking about character and being a man which is very important in life, relationship building and recruiting. I'm sure Rumph knows what to tweak now though, and it's not his integrity.

Ohio $tate fan from Cleveland^^^^

"Coach Rumph is more of a hands on guy. Definitely hands on. When he talks to you, you're going to listen and you're going to get the information from him because it's the best. Recruiting

I don't have any doubts about Rumphs ability to coach, but recruiting is different game and he is still learning.

It could be possible his approach looks different than most because he tells it straight up when most of these kids are getting fed a line of B.S. all the other times

I'm on Kools crank as much as anyone in regards to his evals and development skills, but we could also draw into question our DT recruiting if we want to knit pick one coach whose unit is possibly the best in school history. Instead of targeting Rumph we should be celebrating the No. 1 ranked class so far.

Advertisement

I'm on Kools crank as much as anyone in regards to his evals and development skills, but we could also draw into question our DT recruiting if we want to knit pick one coach whose unit is possibly the best in school history. Instead of targeting Rumph we should be celebrating the No. 1 ranked class so far.

The difference is is that it is 20x harder to recruit DTs at Miami compared to CBs.

Both last year and this year, Kool has got the top DT in South Florida. Add in his phenomenal DE recruiting, plus him pretty much being responsible for Jeff Thomas, and he might actually be one of our top recruiters.

Rumph needs to prove himself this year. Guys who struggled in 2017 like Brown and Hartley have done their jobs, now it's time for Rumph to step up. Tyson Campbell is a gift-wrapped opportunity for Rumph, let's hope he lands him

Such poor logic from a "trained lawyer". So if a Canes fan lives 2hours away from a rival school, then they are a fan of that rival school lol! So all Cane fans that live 2 hours from Tallahassee and Gainesville are Noles and Gayturds I suppose?? U must live at least 2 hours from Gainesville the way U stay on the Gayturds dycks.

Such poor logic from a "trained lawyer". So if a Canes fan lives 2hours away from a rival school, then they are a fan of that rival school lol! So all Cane fans that live 2 hours from Tallahassee and Gainesville are Noles and Gayturds I suppose?? U must live at least 2 hours from Gainesville the way U stay on the Gayturds dycks.

You stay on my dyck like an unwanted Bîtch following me, jizzbreath.

Last edited:

And nice shot you took at anyone who posts regularly in the Gator Tears thread or who follows it, Buckeye Bîtch.

Advertisement

The difference is is that it is 20x harder to recruit DTs at Miami compared to CBs.

Both last year and this year, Kool has got the top DT in South Florida. Add in his phenomenal DE recruiting, plus him pretty much being responsible for Jeff Thomas, and he might actually be one of our top recruiters.

Rumph needs to prove himself this year. Guys who struggled in 2017 like Brown and Hartley have done their jobs, now it's time for Rumph to step up. Tyson Campbell is a gift-wrapped opportunity for Rumph, let's hope he lands him

How is he gift-wrapped? I ask as a serious question. Is there some dominant connection I missed?

How is he gift-wrapped? I ask as a serious question. Is there some dominant connection I missed?

Rumph coached him at Heritage

He coached Surtain too and he's not coming. I don't know what the deal is/was with Rumph and Heritage kids but he hasn't had luck there until Herbert and hopefully Silvera, neither of whom plays the position he actually coaches.

Before feeling it necessary to defend Coach Kool, understand the comment was not an attack on Kool, clearly stated "knit pick" at positions we would love to see more commitments. You can't tell me that all of us wouldn't want to see us secure more top DT's? My point is that the consistent attack on Rumph alone re our DB recruiting when we don't get who we want and credit to every other coach when we do is unfair. I'll bet Saban, McTooth and Dumbo are all pointing to their staffs to do better than Miami.

Advertisement

He coached Surtain too and he's not coming. I don't know what the deal is/was with Rumph and Heritage kids but he hasn't had luck there until Herbert and hopefully Silvera, neither of whom plays the position he actually coaches.

For one some kids ain't interested in Miami like Brian burns. Uga was his top school when coach richt was there. However when richt and Rumph was hired at Miami he didn't show any interest at all. Some kids just don't want to go here. With the tight end nick Eubanks who went to Michigan ,Miami told him that we weren't bringing him in for an official visit because that day we locked up our top target at tight end in jovani Haskins. With Marco Wilson that kid and his father been bashing Miami since golden didn't offer Quincy and he not all that good either. Ain't losing sleep on that one. Rumph played an integral role in landing Herbert and silvera. Miami wasn't recruiting slaton and with surtain his family has an affinity for lsu. That's where surtain sr is from. We are in a great spot for tyson though. All of those heritage kids love rumph, when you get past the bullsh*t that people have come up with on message boards then you would realize that

Last edited:
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] makes every thread unreadable with his childish cheerleading. Christ.

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] makes every thread unreadable with his childish cheerleading. Christ.

Giving facts about the situation? Oh that's so unreadable.......
Some of yall mfs are just crazy and believe whatever you want to on here

Advertisement

"Coach Rumph is more of a hands on guy. Definitely hands on. When he talks to you, you're going to listen and you're going to get the information from him because it's the best. Recruiting-wise, like I said, he's more hands on, so when he talks to you it's different it's different than how he coaches you. I guess that might be something that he has to work on, but I mean he got me. He got [2018 defensive tackle Nesta Silvera] and he's probably going to get some other guys."

Very interesting. I'm not sure what he meant by that, but it's interesting to hear him say "he needs to work on that." That's a pretty candid comment from a kid and supports the evidence that tells us recruiting isn't Rumph's strong suit.

it isn't. He's learning on the job with that and can get better. But let these fan boys on here tell it. He's pretty new to it...they team him up with Banda a lot which is good. I expect him to improve especially if he can keep getting some draft picks under his belt...but he isn't some Mario Cristobal, Trooper Taylor, (Gators db coach forgot his name) where kids are attracted to him, etc.

And nice shot you took at anyone who posts regularly in the Gator Tears thread or who follows it, Buckeye Bîtch.

The usual Corporate Cane response to change reality and project that I'm following U but U tagged my post with an insult out of nowhere and it's documented right there^, but don't let the obvious stop U from creating a false narrative like Thomas Cooley taught U and the crew whose jockstraps U ride by reposting their jokes and being a sly, instigating and being a cheerleader #facts . Now go get one of your bosses because I don't deal with wannabe and workers.

For one some kids ain't interested in Miami like Brian burns. Uga was his top school when coach richt was there. However when richt and Rumph was hired at Miami he didn't show any interest at all. Some kids just don't want to go here. With the tight end nick Eubanks who went to Michigan ,Miami told him that we weren't bringing him in for an official visit because that they day we locked up our top target at tight end in jovani Haskins. With Marco Wilson that kid and his father been bashing Miami since golden didn't offer Quincy and he not all that good either. Ain't losing sleep on that one. Rumph played an integral role in landing Herbert and silvera. Miami wasn't recruiting slaton and with surtain his family has an affinity for lsu. That's where surtain sr is from. We are in a great spot for tyson though. All of those heritage kids love rumph, when you get past the bullsh*t that people have come up with on message boards then you would realize that

I'm just pointing out that we haven't gotten a cornerback from Heritage to date. Ive said before and I'll say it again, I think Rumph's coaching will get him to the next level as a recruiter. As to whether or not all of those Heritage kids love Rumph, I don't know that one way or the other but I hope you're right.

Rumph coached him in little league football even before Heritage. This is an epic f up if he doesn't land him

Advertisement
Back