Put It On Paper: Where Does The Defense Rank This Year?

The infusion of young talent should really help the defense, but then again you never know.

I'm going to say 50th.

Advertisement
The infusion of young talent should really help the defense, but then again you never know.

I'm going to say 50th.

You would think so and I pray I am wrong i just have zero faith AG is the man for the job. Starting to think Shalala came in to Miami to destroy the football team like some under cover nole fan by continuing to hire coaches who are not qualified for the job. IMO

Top 30 finally.

One of the reasons I think talent was a bigger issue than coaching was we didn't even look good in man coverage. TEs and RBs were still getting open. I think improved LB play, Safety play, and pass rush will make the difference.

We'll have to see how Heuetelou looks, but he was a JUCO with good offers. Should be an upgrade over UVA's refuse.

Too much speed and talent to be awful again.

Top 30 finally.

One of the reasons I think talent was a bigger issue than coaching was we didn't even look good in man coverage. TEs and RBs were still getting open. I think improved LB play, Safety play, and pass rush will make the difference.

We'll have to see how Heuetelou looks, but he was a JUCO with good offers. Should be an upgrade over UVA's refuse.

Too much speed and talent to be awful again.

:cigar: that **** is good

Advertisement
55-65 I only think we will be marginally better but I think the offense will be more like the 2011 version and focus on first downs and clock management which we help the D stats in Yards Per Game and Points Per Game but necessarily be that much improved in Yards Per Play

Advertisement
55-65 I only think we will be marginally better but I think the offense will be more like the 2011 version and focus on first downs and clock management which we help the D stats in Yards Per Game and Points Per Game but necessarily be that much improved in Yards Per Play
I can see this happening. Us trying to shorten the game and thus less opportunities for opposing offenses to rack up yards on us. Our ypg will still suck though.

65-75, still looking for DT's and our LB'er depth is an injury away from being a severe liability.

Total Defense Top 25
Turnovers forced Top 10
Huge increase in sacks and picks
We will be back among the nations leaders in non offensive touchdowns

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we end up in the 40s to low 50s on talent alone. Look at it this way. If we ran a scheme that fit our players, how good do you think the defense COULD be with the talent we finally have on that side of the ball???? Top 20 for sure, maybe top ten. So the question to ask is, "How much does the scheme cost us?". And as was mentioned above we are likely to hold the ball more on offense this year which will further limit the defenses exposure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back