Put It On Paper: Where Does The Defense Rank This Year?

Advertisement
I have a feeling we will use ball control on offense. Slow down the tempo and simplify it for Kayaa, hence the defense plays less snaps, plus with the added depth they should always be rested. Yes the scheme isn't the greatest but attest the defensive players understand it a lot better. Plus Denzel in the middle isn't being talked about enough, big upgrade.

Total defense - 44th

But I bet the scoring defense will be much higher

Scoring defense - 25

Advertisement
I'm a little more optimistic this year, primarily because I think our offense will control the ball more and have a better 3rd down conversion percentage.

Plus the defense is a year older, stronger, etc.

I would like to say they will be in the 30 - 40 range but one must account for the ineptness of D'Onofrio so I predict 40 - 50.

Well said. Agree with all of this

I wish I could be optimistic that we'll see improvement but it's still the same ****** scheme with many of the same players and a few freshman.

Advertisement
seantrel-henderson-return-miami-hurricanes.jpg

Advertisement
The fact that a defense with DP, Tracy Howard, McCord, Deon Bush, Jenkins, Chickillo, AM etc can be as bad as we have been makes me believe it's not a talent issue.

I'll tell you one thing if we play UL and I see players not knowing which gap to fill. Making first contact 15 yards into the secondary. No edge control and wide open crossing routes. I don't want to see anyone defending No D. Not even for a second. We have one of the most experienced defense in the nation much less the ACC. No blaming the offense and trying to deflect. Year 4 is it. If not now it never and he needs to go before the season ends. Let's hope by some miracle it's not. It's pathetic to think it's consensus now that we are gonna be pretty garbage on D after 3 full years. Shows you how much No D sucks. Because even when we had a lot of youth in the past. A bad year meant 30s and 40s at worst. Smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back