Put It On Paper - Predict Our Finish In Total Defense

Advertisement
Not sure what the point of this thread is. I don't think Miami can field a championship defense with D'Ohnofrio as the DC.

OH THIS ***** IS DEF RITE (of course the the trogs of CiS negged him into the red for this statement of truth)

Miami is in great hands on defense. Golden was a stud DC and Coach D's defense at Temple was nasty. When Coach D builds a monster and gets a new gig as a HC somewhere you'll be hoping that new DC that Golden hires is as good as him.

What planet do you live on?

Good one! Way to make a case proving Coach D is such a turrible DC. Fans like you remind me of the early Butch years. You have zero patience or vision.

I have to make a case that he's a disaster? WTF are you talking about? I just rummaged through my garage and couldn't find a **** to give that he shut down Villanova 5 years ago. He's a clown of a coach and he'll be the damnation of Golden if he's kept on.

What about him shutting down UCONN or Penn State with that Temple defense? Like I said, you have zero patience or vision and remind me of the idiot fans we had bashing Butch during his early years. I remember the plane flying over the OB like it was yesterday. The banner read "From National Champs to National Chumps, thanks Butch!"

How'd that turn out? Can't wait to hear your BS excuses as Coach D turns the defense around. It should go something like, I wanted this for Miami all along. Get that plate of crow ready bruh...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Advertisement
FSU's jump from 108 to 42 also coincided with them hiring a DC worth a ****.

Miami is in great hands on defense. Golden was a stud DC and Coach D's defense at Temple was nasty. When Coach D builds a monster and gets a new gig as a HC somewhere you'll be hoping that new DC that Golden hires is as good as him.
BUILD WHAT AND GET A JOB WHERE *****?

LMFAO @ Six..

I said 50-65 but thought the D would look much better. Welp I was wrong with that.

Advertisement
A little perspective on the defense:

total defense: 346 ypg (33rd)
scoring defense: 26.0 ppg (52nd)

total defense: 317 ypg (28th)
scoring defense: 24.2 ppg (56th)

total defense: 330 ypg (29th)
scoring defense: 22.2 ppg (37th)

total defense: 323 ypg (22nd)
scoring defense: 20.7 ppg (27th)

total defense: 360 ypg (45th)
scoring defense: 20.1 ppg (17th)

total defense: 486 ypg (116th)
scoring defense: 30.5 ppg (82nd)

The 2012 season was a clear outlier. Why?

We had significant losses all over the two-deep, especially on the defensive line. And if you look at our roster management prior to Golden, we had horrible upperclassmen, which should be the backbone of the unit. There are multiple posts highlighting the 2009 and 2010 recruiting classes on defense. I don't need to rehash that, but just know that Curtis Porter, Luther Robinson, Brandon McGee and Jimmy Gaines were the only above average players from those classes on last year's defense (and Porter missed 8 games). Yeah.

Unless D'Onofrio had a lobotomy, it's hard to explain a drop of 120 yards and 10 points without personnel being THE major cause.

From 2007 to 2011, none of those defenses were any good (and some were flat out horrible). With another year of experience, improved strength & conditioning, and better depth, is it really that hard to believe the 2013 will be comparable to those units?

It won't take a quantum leap to finish top 30, especially with an easier schedule.

REALLY ABLE? OUTLIER? EL OH EL

Poor Able. He's been hypnotized by Golden's words or something.

That ***** can't see the light (or darkness).

Advertisement
I thought I would never see the day that Miami is talking about having a Top 50 defense and having said achievement be a massive improvement upon the previous year. Let that sink in. A top 50 defense is still horrific, and we're thrilled if that happens. Top 50 is unacceptable at Miami. The defense needs to be top 25 to win the ACC. Anything less we're sitting at the 8-4 to 9-3 range.

Dorito has set the standards so low, he should be able to steal a couple more years of six figure income with no accountability. If anyone questions, Golden will go to bat for him. SWEET gig

Still holds true. Golden will throw the offense straight under the bus just to protect Dorito, its funny and truly sad at the same time to see him grasp at straws as the defense gets a complete pass. How can we continue to employ this guy who has us playing at such a terrible level.

Oh and this thread has some great lulz

Advertisement

I believe in Golden. Only other option is to be miserable all the time.

I was on board with Shannon until FSU 2010. It was over after that.

I'm gonna trust Golden until he has a "FSU 2010" moment or a "GTech '05" moment. I've got rebuild fatigue.

We could've hired my dude Gus...

I'm gonna trust Golden until he has a "FSU 2010" moment or a "GTech '05" moment. I've got rebuild fatigue.

ABLE: THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING

What was VT 2013 or Duke 2013?

ABLE: THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING

So you're already done with Golden?

Advertisement
Back