Put It On Paper - Predict Our Finish In Total Defense

Poor Able. He's been hypnotized by Golden's words or something.

That ***** can't see the light (or darkness).

I believe in Golden. Only other option is to be miserable all the time.

I was on board with Shannon until FSU 2010. It was over after that.

I'm gonna trust Golden until he has a "FSU 2010" moment or a "GTech '05" moment. I've got rebuild fatigue.

We could've hired my dude Gus...

After Coker and Shannon, just numb. And drinking a lot...

Advertisement

I'm gonna trust Golden until he has a "FSU 2010" moment or a "GTech '05" moment. I've got rebuild fatigue.

ABLE: THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING

So you're already done with Golden?

After three years and multiple "FSU 2010 moments," yes I am done.

Humans usually don't change themselves drastically, especially when they do something the same for over 20 years.

What was VT 2013 or Duke 2013?

****** games, but not final judgment games for me.

Coker and Shannon were clearly on the downturn. The '05 team for Coker was as good as it was going to get. Ditto 2010 for Shannon. Their recruiting was getting markedly worse.

I don't think we're regressing as a program under Golden.

I don't think we're progressing as quickly as people wanted, but I'm still down for now.

Yeah, I don't get the people who claim the dissenters are miserable. On the contrary, Miami football has gotten so ridiculous over the past 10-13 years, one can only sit back and laugh.

Advertisement

Yeah, I don't get the people who claim the dissenters are miserable. On the contrary, Miami football has gotten so ridiculous over the past 10-13 years, one can only sit back and laugh.

I didn't say the dissenters were miserable. But I'm miserable when I've lost faith in a regime. In any sport.

Humans usually don't change themselves drastically, especially when they do something the same for over 20 years.

Fair enough.

Who would you hire?

At first blush, I like weown's suggestion: Kirby Smart.

- Knows what it takes to win on the highest level
- There is a reason Saban almost sold his left nut to keep him on the staff
- Saban has proven he surrounds himself with elite coaches (see Pruitt going from their DB coach to successful DC)
- Is a defensive coach (a real one, not like Golden)

Only concern is the scheme, but Saban's staff has already shown that they will adjust to what works (i.e. only being in their base 3-4 25% of the time because it sucks against the spread) so I have faith that we wouldn't have another Dorito situation.

Either way, who I would hire or anyone would hire is irrelevant and not a good argument for keeping Golden, if that was what you were implying with that question. If not, carry on.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Fair enough.

Who would you hire?

- Saban has proven he surrounds himself with elite coaches (see Pruitt going from their DB coach to successful DC)

Only concern is the scheme, but Saban's staff has already shown that they will adjust to what works (i.e. only being in their base 3-4 25% of the time because it sucks against the spread) so I have faith that we wouldn't have another Dorito situation.

Either way, who I would hire or anyone would hire is irrelevant and not a good argument for keeping Golden, if that was what you were implying with that question. If not, carry on.

I'm not making any case for Golden. I'm just asking.

I wanted Gus from the beginning, but I do like Golden.

Fair enough.

Who would you hire?

I'm not making any case for Golden. I'm just asking.

I wanted Gus from the beginning, but I do like Golden.
Gus is ruthless too.

Gus is ruthless too.

The thing I loved about Gus is he's probably one of the few masterminds in the game right now. He can make adjustments to his scheme on the fly to fit his personnel and exploit matchups. His offense just rolled up 300 yards rushing on Saban like it was nuthin' with a QB who can't even throw. And when he has a QB who can throw and can't run, he still puts up points. I like having that expertise on one side of the ball so you know there will be consistency. And with South Florida athletes, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

FSU's jump from 108 to 42 also coincided with them hiring a DC worth a ****.

Miami is in great hands on defense. Golden was a stud DC and Coach D's defense at Temple was nasty. When Coach D builds a monster and gets a new gig as a HC somewhere you'll be hoping that new DC that Golden hires is as good as him.
112.gif

Advertisement
Gus is ruthless too.

The thing I loved about Gus is he's probably one of the few masterminds in the game right now. He can make adjustments to his scheme on the fly to fit his personnel and exploit matchups. His offense just rolled up 300 yards rushing on Saban like it was nuthin' with a QB who can't even throw. And when he has a QB who can throw and can't run, he still puts up points. I like having that expertise on one side of the ball so you know there will be consistency. And with South Florida athletes, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.
Yeah, I'd be very interested to see the beast he would build on offense.

FSU's jump from 108 to 42 also coincided with them hiring a DC worth a ****.

Miami is in great hands on defense. Golden was a stud DC and Coach D's defense at Temple was nasty. When Coach D builds a monster and gets a new gig as a HC somewhere you'll be hoping that new DC that Golden hires is as good as him.
112.gif

Easily one of the funniest porsts in CiS history

Give me a southern mean SOB. We need some attitude amongst many other things

Advertisement
I predicted 59th. And at the time I thought that was slightly low balling it. Lulz at Golden and his **** show.

Advertisement
Back