Public Proponents of Cristobal That Need to be Challenged

Advertisement
Mario would work under Chud here.

Mario only makes 600k...we pay Coley more.

lol - Mario has spurned this school twice for "better" opportunities. He's a coach climber who;s already been a HBC. You think he would really want to coach under Chud?

Are you ****ting me?

Urban, Briles and Harbaugh have always called their own plays.

Name successful one head coach that has never been a coordinator?

Urban Meyer.

Yeah, it's a short list but Art Briles and Harbaugh also come to mind.

Why did I expect that stupid reply from you? You asked for a successful HC who was never a coordinator. There's 3, and you reply with something retarded instead of just saying "Ok, I guess there are a few."

P.S. Meyer doesn't call his own plays, and neither does Harbaugh. Briles doesn't even do that. Your knowledge is below pedestrian.

I said this about Chud in another thread but it goes double (more like 100x) for Cristobal -- would he be a legitimate candidate for any other Power 5 school in the country? Absolutely not. It's mostly lazy journalists mentioning his name as a candidate to replace Golden because he played here and supposedly knows the south Florida recruiting landscape. There is absolutely no reason for Miami to settle for a coach who was fired by FIU.

Exactly. USC is floating alumni names like Jack Del Rio and Jeff Fischer and we're throwing out Crisobal and Chud. **** my life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I would argue that Al Golden was more qualified to coach here than Mario. They both coached an always ****** school and had one good year. But.. Al was at least a coordinator at some point. Mario is a **** OL coach/ recruiter. No thanks. Had he never played at Miami he would never be brought up.

Being a "Miami guy" is so over rated. Bring in someone that can coach and he can bring in a few assistants that know Miami and recruiting will be just fine. All these recruits want is to win and go to the league. The only thing Mario would do for this program would be run a decent style of defense and our staff would be a lot of guys that Miami fans are fond to. We would be 8,9, 10 win teams with Mario. Get a real coach that can put us to that always 10-12 win team. IDC where he comes from.

A hire of Mario ******* Cristobal would truly mean that the University of Miami has given up and truly has no intent of ever being relevant in college football ever again.

I can't imagine my life without University of Miami football, but that is what would I would be forced into if they hired that piece of **** as head coach.

We can do better than Cristobal.
You guys will want to fire him when we lose to FSU again .
Just because he went to Columbus, UM, is Cuban, and a great recruiter should not give him position.
I will take a yahoo from Mississippi that can coach, the recruits will come.
Go Canes

Advertisement
This program has to do 2 things to keep interested after this season.

1. Fire Golden
2. Hire someone that screams success is around the corner.

Coley got Mario here.

Mario didnt want to work for Golden and Saban came calling. Mario would work for Chud...they are tight.

Mario could be good but is so dependent on coordinators that it is a huge risk.

He is not the type of guy we need right now.

Chud guarantees a monster offense. He will adjust and out scheme any college defensive coordinator in the country with very little effort. Give the defense to someone competent and you have a perennial national championship contender right away.

We beat Cincinatti and FSU with ease this year with Chud calling plays instead of Coley.

All you need to know about recruiting in Miami is that the worst head coach in the history of the program has a top 5 class right now.

Advertisement
Back