Public Proponents of Cristobal That Need to be Challenged

I couldn't tell you anything about Mario coaching abilities and I'm willing to bet 99% of those on here couldn't either. What about him says he would be horribl? His time at fiu? How many games did anyone watch? What has fiu ever done before or since? Me thinks, couple of guys started this and like everything else everyone follows along so as to not gets their Internet feelings hurt and be apart of the cool. Team

lol @ 99 Percent on here.

Dude about 70% of this board went to FIU...

The rest have been around when Mr. Cristobal previously COACHED at Miami. **** Mr. Cristobal coached WITH No Frio/ Golden prviously that association alone should have him deleted from all coaching searches.
He's Cuban Al Golden....we know it..and dont want it around here.

i believe hiring cristobal would be a mistake. but cmon "he coached with No Frio/ Golden". are you really referring to the two weeks he was on staff?

Advertisement
I couldn't tell you anything about Mario coaching abilities and I'm willing to bet 99% of those on here couldn't either. What about him says he would be horribl? His time at fiu? How many games did anyone watch? What has fiu ever done before or since? Me thinks, couple of guys started this and like everything else everyone follows along so as to not gets their Internet feelings hurt and be apart of the cool. Team

He got fired from FIU. The fact that nobody is his home town, where he played ball and coached as assistant can tell you much about his coaching should be enough to conclude that he sucks.

2007 FIU 1–11 1–6 7th
2008 FIU 5–7 3–4 T–5th
2009 FIU 3–9 3–5 6th
2010 FIU 7–6 6–2 T–1st W Little Caesars Pizza
2011 FIU 8–5 5–3 4th L Beef 'O' Brady's
2012 FIU 3–9 2–6 T–8th

Oh God...I just puked a little in my mouth

I said this about Chud in another thread but it goes double (more like 100x) for Cristobal -- would he be a legitimate candidate for any other Power 5 school in the country? Absolutely not. It's mostly lazy journalists mentioning his name as a candidate to replace Golden because he played here and supposedly knows the south Florida recruiting landscape. There is absolutely no reason for Miami to settle for a coach who was fired by FIU.

Advertisement

The rest have been around when Mr. Cristobal previously COACHED at Miami. **** Mr. Cristobal coached WITH No Frio/ Golden prviously that association alone should have him deleted from all coaching searches.

i believe hiring cristobal would be a mistake. but cmon "he coached with No Frio/ Golden". are you really referring to the two weeks he was on staff?

No im referring to when he was at rutgers with No Frio's clown ***.

can't help he was a position coach on the same team dorito was a position coach. i guess that means you're not with the schiano fans?

Advertisement

can't help he was a position coach on the same team dorito was a position coach. i guess that means you're not with the schiano fans?

naw i mess with Schiano....he was their boss....add to it he's had success as a head guy and worked under some real good coaches. The best coach either of our clowns have been associated with is schiano as far as working directly with.

Cristobal aint learning much working with saban as his *** is on the total other side of the ball...and coaching the ol. he's not a part of the coaching tree...he works more with lane kiffin and whoever is the oc is done with saban. so who does cristobal have to show that he is learn from?....randy? coker?

i wont be mad with SCHIANO back here...not sure he wants it though..turned us down before.

naw i mess with Schiano....he was their boss....add to it he's had success as a head guy and worked under some real good coaches. The best coach either of our clowns have been associated with is schiano as far as working directly with.

Cristobal aint learning much working with saban as his *** is on the total other side of the ball...and coaching the ol. he's not a part of the coaching tree...he works more with lane kiffin and whoever is the oc is done with saban. so who does cristobal have to show that he is learn from?....randy? coker?

i wont be mad with SCHIANO back here...not sure he wants it though..turned us down before.

yeah they were talking about schiano and cristobal this morning on Joe Rose. i don't even think it's close. Cristobal would be way in over his head being the head honcho here. not a huge schiano fan mainly bc i'm also a bucs fan but i believe this defense would get turned around mighty quick. and this admin could always make a worse hire. i could live with schiano.

Advertisement
My bad. Let's formally add Joaquin to that initial list. God****.

Screenshot_2015-10-13-15-46-50-1.jpg

yeah they were talking about schiano and cristobal this morning on Joe Rose. i don't even think it's close. Cristobal would be way in over his head being the head honcho here. not a huge schiano fan mainly bc i'm also a bucs fan but i believe this defense would get turned around mighty quick. and this admin could always make a worse hire. i could live with schiano.

thats the key with me. Schiano can kick this d around in a HURRY....as this d has talented players and young ones to work with at that.

all he would really have to do is hire a solid to avg oc.... but schiano perssonally would run the d imo.

recruiting would get a hike regardless...and if he keeps one or two from current staff were good to go.

I have schiano in my top 5. And i feel he would have something to prove coming back here...

I'll say this, there are alot of successful coaches in football who went straight from being a position coach to a head coach. Mike Tomlin comes off the top of my head. Sometimes if you got it, you just got it.

Second, Im not going to kill him because of his previous record with FIU. (Many coaches suck in their first go around. Pete Carroll is the poster child for this) Mario clearly had no clue what he was doing. And it didnt help that he was coaching a 4th rate program IN south florida. But he didnt recruit half bad.

Mario aint an average recruiter. He is pretty **** good. I remember him having alot of respect down here. When he was hired as the assistant head coach for two weeks, this board went ape$hit because we thought we would lock all of south fla down with the three amigos on board. (Golden/Christobal/Coley) Not sure if he has that kind of respect anymore. But facts are facts.

Now all this said, I dont want Mario either because I dont know if he has the respect yet to form a competent staff. Remember that was Randys problem. Coaches didnt respect him enough to join him. And as we are finding out, assistant coaches mean everything now in college football. Who could he hire to stand by his side?

I wouldnt say the program would be dead. I would think we would be in a little better shape because I remember those FIU defenses being very aggressive and fast. So at least our defense would be good again. Which is worth at least 1-2 more wins a year. (shrugs)

Advertisement
I'll say this, there are alot of successful coaches in football who went straight from being a position coach to a head coach. Mike Tomlin comes off the top of my head. Sometimes if you got it, you just got it.

Second, Im not going to kill him because of his previous record with FIU. (Many coaches suck in their first go around. Pete Carroll is the poster child for this) Mario clearly had no clue what he was doing. And it didnt help that he was coaching a 4th rate program IN south florida. But he didnt recruit half bad.

Mario aint an average recruiter. He is pretty **** good. I remember him having alot of respect down here. When he was hired as the assistant head coach for two weeks, this board went ape$hit because we thought we would lock all of south fla down with the three amigos on board. (Golden/Christobal/Coley) Not sure if he has that kind of respect anymore. But facts are facts.

Now all this said, I dont want Mario either because I dont know if he has the respect yet to form a competent staff. Remember that was Randys problem. Coaches didnt respect him enough to join him. And as we are finding out, assistant coaches mean everything now in college football. Who could he hire to stand by his side?

I wouldnt say the program would be dead. I would think we would be in a little better shape because I remember those FIU defenses being very aggressive and fast. So at least our defense would be good again. Which is worth at least 1-2 more wins a year. (shrugs)

Tomlin was DC with the Vikings for like a year prior to getting the Steelers job. No big deal as I don't necessarily think you have to have been a coordinator but in relation to college I think our standard at worst (and not even one I'm comfortable with) is that you either need to have been a legit big time coordinator or a head coach at a real program.

Advertisement
Back