Public Proponents of Cristobal That Need to be Challenged

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
So far these are the people in public that I've noticed repeatedly advocating for or rationalizing the hiring of a corch that'd finally bury this program for good.

-Bruce Feldman (which is really disappointing)
-Orlando Alzugaray
-Joe Rose
-Curtis Stevenson
-Joaquin Gonzalez
-Marc Hochman
-Joe Schad
-Clay Ferraro
-Manny Navarro

Am I missing anyone else that's for enabling our final demise? This "noise" will probably be viewed as reflective of the fanbase's desire as a whole by the tone-deaf bubble residing BoT. I floated the idea of flying a banner against prospective nightmare hires but that has some attached negative repercussions so at minimum we need to at least challenge these people in other forms when they begin to facilitate the continuation of our suffering.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You'd have to be braindead or set on putting the final nail in UM's coffin if you're advocating Beanerdict Arnold.

Advertisement
Why even fire Golden if you're gonna replace him Cristal meth uh Christobal. Might as well keep Golden, or better yet, fold the **** program.

So far these are the people in public that I've noticed repeatedly advocating for or rationalizing the hiring of a corch that'd finally bury this program for good.

-Orlando Alzugaray
-Joe Rose
-Curtis Stevenson

Am I missing anyone else that's for enabling our final demise? I'm guessing Joaquin and possibly Billy Cohen will be added to this list eventually but that's only speculation on my part as of now. This "noise" will probably be viewed as reflective of the fanbase's desire as a whole by the tone-deaf bubble residing BoT. I floated the idea of flying a banner against prospective nightmare hires but that has some attached negative repercussions so at minimum we need to at least challenge these people in other forms when they begin to facilitate the continuation of our suffering.

Feldman is into recruiting big time...so he would figure cristobal in their because he likely i slooking from the recruiting point of view.

the other 3 just have a relationshio wit mario from him coaching at fiu.

Mario would be a plan f coaching candidate in my opinion..if it was a top 20 list he owuld be in the bottom 10.

Guarantee he is on ums short list though after fgoldy gets dumped.

Solid recruiter, not even an avg coach, won his conference barely the year of Hilton and him legit having the most talented team in that conference. He couldnt beat my alma mater consistently then either (fau) who was not even recruiting as good as fiu or hitting dade/broward recruiting.

I couldn't tell you anything about Mario coaching abilities and I'm willing to bet 99% of those on here couldn't either. What about him says he would be horribl? His time at fiu? How many games did anyone watch? What has fiu ever done before or since? Me thinks, couple of guys started this and like everything else everyone follows along so as to not gets their Internet feelings hurt and be apart of the cool. Team

Advertisement
I couldn't tell you anything about Mario coaching abilities and I'm willing to bet 99% of those on here couldn't either. What about him says he would be horribl? His time at fiu? How many games did anyone watch? What has fiu ever done before or since? Me thinks, couple of guys started this and like everything else everyone follows along so as to not gets their Internet feelings hurt and be apart of the cool. Team

There are a myriad of other threads on this board alone where you can view his record and coaching history dissected. Just use that little search bar at the top. Disirregardless, even you saying that his abilities are an unknown (which I vehemently disagree with) should be enough to disqualify him from this search.

I have nothing against Beanerdict, but I'm actually starting to hope he dies in a fiery crash so UM won't even have the option of hiring him.

lol @ 99 Percent on here.

Dude about 70% of this board went to FIU...

The rest have been around when Mr. Cristobal previously COACHED at Miami. **** Mr. Cristobal coached WITH No Frio/ Golden prviously that association alone should have him deleted from all coaching searches.
He's Cuban Al Golden....we know it..and dont want it around here.

There are a myriad of other threads on this board alone where you can view his record and coaching history dissected. Just use that little search bar at the top. Disirregardless, even you saying that his abilities are an unknown (which I vehemently disagree with) should be enough to disqualify him from this search.

I'mnot an advocate of Cristobal and I have seen the other threads and is the same stuff over and over.just the same garbage. No real substance. . One guy says final nail. Then ten others say the same thing. Only for recruiting purposes etc. He w workeda crap school with a crap budget. Guys can improve, learn things after their initial job. I just haven't seen anything real

Last edited:
Advertisement

Compare FIU to Memphis ...

Let me know what Mario did with FIU in the conference, and compare it to what Fuente has done with Memphis. One guy is significantly better than the other, and they both ran dumpster fire programs.

And cosnider this:

If Fuente was the OL coach at Alabama, nobody would even know who he was ...

But if Mario had done what Fuente has done at Memphis (or FIU), EVERYBODY would be saying, "he's the guy"!

I couldn't tell you anything about Mario coaching abilities and I'm willing to didn't realize bet 99% of those on here couldn't either. What about him says he would be horribl? His time at fiu? How many games did anyone watch? What has fiu ever done before or since? Me thinks, couple of guys started this and like everything else everyone follows along so as to not gets their Internet feelings hurt and be apart of the cool. Team

Compare FIU to Memphis ...

Let me know what Mario did with FIU in the conference, and compare it to what Fuente has done with Memphis. One guy is significantly better than the other, and they both ran dumpster fire programs.

And cosnider this:

If Fuente was the OL coach at Alabama, nobody would even know who he was ...

But if Mario had done what Fuente has done at Memphis (or FIU), EVERYBODY would be saying, "he's the guy"!

L look of Mario was hired tomorrow I wouldn't be excited. Never watched a single fiu game except when they played um. I

I didn't realize70% went t. Fiu although that would explain a lot.

2007 FIU 1–11 1–6 7th
2008 FIU 5–7 3–4 T–5th
2009 FIU 3–9 3–5 6th
2010 FIU 7–6 6–2 T–1st W Little Caesars Pizza
2011 FIU 8–5 5–3 4th L Beef 'O' Brady's
2012 FIU 3–9 2–6 T–8th

Advertisement

-Orlando Alzugaray
-Joe Rose
-Curtis Stevenson

Am I missing anyone else that's for enabling our final demise? I'm guessing Joaquin and possibly Billy Cohen will be added to this list eventually but that's only speculation on my part as of now. This "noise" will probably be viewed as reflective of the fanbase's desire as a whole by the tone-deaf bubble residing BoT. I floated the idea of flying a banner against prospective nightmare hires but that has some attached negative repercussions so at minimum we need to at least challenge these people in other forms when they begin to facilitate the continuation of our suffering.

Feldman is into recruiting big time...so he would figure cristobal in their because he likely i slooking from the recruiting point of view.

the other 3 just have a relationshio wit mario from him coaching at fiu.

Mario would be a plan f coaching candidate in my opinion..if it was a top 20 list he owuld be in the bottom 10.

Guarantee he is on ums short list though after fgoldy gets dumped.

Solid recruiter, not even an avg coach, won his conference barely the year of Hilton and him legit having the most talented team in that conference. He couldnt beat my alma mater consistently then either (fau) who was not even recruiting as good as fiu or hitting dade/broward recruiting.

There are far more than 20 better realistic candidates than Mario Cristobal.

I am just posting so everyone is clear on which side I am on in this whole thing.

Name successful one head coach that has never been a coordinator?

Mario is a cool guy that can "recruit". So was Al.

Not even close to an x's and o's guy.

Advertisement
Back