Props to Peter Ariz and D$

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIATL

Senior
I salute you dudes for being great company men for the Miami football program.

A decision that was OBVIOUS from the very beginning has turned into high drama on the message boards for **** near 8 months. All thanks to you two telling us how TERRIBLE Malik Rosier is.

Then, adding the "Evan Shirreffs is better than y'all think, and is actually ahead in the competition" posts to the "Perry is the best, and will have every shot to win the starting job" posts, y'all have done great work!

But the next time this needs to happen, PLEASE don't bury the guy the way y'all did to Malik Rosier. It's kind of hard for an insider to go from, "Rosier won't even be on this team, and is the worst of all QB options", to ... "Rosier has been named the starter".

Rant over. Woosah

*Feel free to delete this, or merge it into the Rosier is starting thread. But given how much Pete and DMoney have dumped on Rosier for the past 2 seasons, it seems appropriate for this to stand alone.

Advertisement
Call me a "company man" but I don't remember Pete or D$ dumping on Rosier. I remember them predicting that Perry would win it, and I remember them (and others including myself) pointing out some of Rosier's limitations as a QB. But "dumping"?

They made a prediction, Rosier worked his *** off to prove their prediction wrong. It's a good thing.

That said I still wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Perry get significant playing time this year either way. He's still the future and now he can focus on getting better without the pressure of being the guy right out of the gate.

Maybe the light bulb finally came on!!! There has been nothing, other than the start against Duke, over the past few years that would had lead anyone to believe this was going to happen. Good for Malik. Now lets hope this translates to the field as far as wins...

Props to the OP for being an attention *****. [MENTION=159]Toad305[/MENTION], [MENTION=3501]Noah[/MENTION]

Advertisement
Post the quotes or get out of town with this garbage. All those so called quotes are not even the style or class that both those guys post with. So I know you will not be delivering any proof.

Advertisement
Call me a "company man" but I don't remember Pete or D$ dumping on Rosier. I remember them predicting that Perry would win it, and I remember them (and others including myself) pointing out some of Rosier's limitations as a QB. But "dumping"?

They made a prediction, Rosier worked his *** off to prove their prediction wrong. It's a good thing.

That said I still wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Perry get significant playing time this year either way. He's still the future and now he can focus on getting better without the pressure of being the guy right out of the gate.

They both dumped on him.

It's the reason most of the posts on this board were so dismissive of Rosier as a starting candidate. Talked about his turnovers and accuracy ALL THE TIME.

Pete, specifically, said he would be shocked if Rosier was still on the roster this year.

How is that not dumping on him?

Look, the OP might be on the extreme side of this but as recently as Friday on outside the huddle site Peter was again raising the Malik (and Evan) had "all spring" to separate themselves and didn't argument as to why Perry will possibly start (perhaps sometime this year if not game one).

If the decision was that obvious, Richt would have named a leader in spring like he wanted to. And he wouldn't have waited until August 22nd to name a starter.

We made a prediction and got it wrong. It happens and will happen again.

But there's one important thing you need to remember. Pete and I aren't out here watching a HUDL video and making a decision based on our expertise. We are talking to many people directly involved. We are getting their opinions. And we are bringing their opinions to you. Read between the lines.

Prior performance does not dictate how an open competition will go. Rosier performed and won the opportunity to start. Now he gets the opportunity to really prove us wrong, on the field. I hope he does it.

Post the quotes or get out of town with this garbage. All those so called quotes are not even the style or class that both those guys post with. So I know you will not be delivering any proof.

Feel free to search their post history.

Both have been anti-Rosier for about 2 seasons now.

It is what it is ...

Advertisement

It is what it is ...

Well maybe if rosier was performing better at that time the reports would have been better.

Look, I am not saying a "call-out" thread was necessary, and I wouldn't have done it, but the OP is keeping it 100 and spitting truth. Their are plenty of threads/posts to support his claim, and I think some of the things that were said or "insinuated" led to an anti-Rosier narrative on this board. Just one man's opinion.

And for the record, I don't have an issues with D$ or Pete. I like both of the dudes

Last edited:
If the decision was that obvious, Richt would have named a leader in spring like he wanted to. And he wouldn't have waited until August 22nd to name a starter.

But there's one important thing you need to remember. Pete and I aren't out here watching a HUDL video and making a decision based on our expertise. We are talking to many people directly involved. We are getting their opinions. And we are bringing their opinions to you. Read between the lines.

Prior performance does not dictate how an open competition will go. Rosier performed and won the opportunity to start. Now he gets the opportunity to really prove us wrong, on the field. I hope he does it.

I appreciate your response.

I was just venting.

#NoHarmNoFoul

Advertisement

It is what it is ...

You've got the burden of proof, son. If you don't like their insight and information, gtfo the site and go subscribe to 247 and stop bothering us with your ****posting.

Some of you dweebs get so butthurt about a game.

There are some hard realities about our QB situation. It seemed pretty clear that Richt was hesitant to name a guy that has a massive experience advantage over his competitors, and that in itself says a lot. It also seemed clear that Richt had a special feeling about Perry. It didn't happen, he didn't get here and take it by the horns - obviously D$ & Pete (and perhaps Richt) were overly optimistic about his chances.... those feelings aren't as strong if there wasn't some reservation about Rosier from all of those people. In any other case Rosier is the guy automatically, it should tell you something that almost everyone involved who sees these guys more than the rest of us seemed to be hoping Perry would come in and seize it. Didn't happen... OK - let's move on and support Rosier, but don't pretend he didn't earn the skepticism. He's been here a long time.

Look, I am not saying a "call-out" thread was necessary, and I wouldn't have done it, but the OP is keeping it 100 and spitting truth. Their are plenty of threads/posts to support his claim, and I think some of the things that were said or "insinuated" led to an anti-Rosier narrative on this board. Just one man's opinion.

And for the record, I don't have an issues with D$ or Pete. I like both of the dudes

i completely agree with this. I don't for one second think you are going to get every prediction right, no matter what the sauces are. And that's ok.

Butif both of you think that all of that info you relayed didnt ALSO include a fair degree of personal bias, well man you have some blinders on. It's been so anti Malik that if someone just woke up and hadn't followed the last few weeks they would be shocked to find he won based off the last several months that made it seem it was a non starter possibility. Sorry, it came across as more of a personal prediction than a constant "reading between the lines."

It's hard not to get worried when you seem so skeptical of Rosiers ability as a front man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back