Props to Peter Ariz and D$

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe OP is calling out D$ and our main man Pete on this sh*t. Pete is the reason we have this board so respect is due. No one is 100% accurate but he is the closest **** thing to it.
When I read threads like this two comments come too mind that you see in just about every **** topic on this board:

1. You must be new to recruiting or how it works around here.
2. We have some soft shouldered individuals on this board.

The man won the job fair and square so let's get behind the team and enjoy this season. It could be a special one.

Advertisement
If the decision was that obvious, Richt would have named a leader in spring like he wanted to. And he wouldn't have waited until August 22nd to name a starter.

We made a prediction and got it wrong. It happens and will happen again.

But there's one important thing you need to remember. Pete and I aren't out here watching a HUDL video and making a decision based on our expertise. We are talking to many people directly involved. We are getting their opinions. And we are bringing their opinions to you. Read between the lines.

Prior performance does not dictate how an open competition will go. Rosier performed and won the opportunity to start. Now he gets the opportunity to really prove us wrong, on the field. I hope he does it.

I appreciate your response.

I was just venting.

#NoHarmNoFoul
These fools get mad at the news people for reporting the news

Some of you dweebs get so butthurt about a game.

There are some hard realities about our QB situation. It seemed pretty clear that Richt was hesitant to name a guy that has a massive experience advantage over his competitors, and that in itself says a lot. It also seemed clear that Richt had a special feeling about Perry. It didn't happen, he didn't get here and take it by the horns - obviously D$ & Pete (and perhaps Richt) were overly optimistic about his chances.... those feelings aren't as strong if there wasn't some reservation about Rosier from all of those people. In any other case Rosier is the guy automatically, it should tell you something that almost everyone involved who sees these guys more than the rest of us seemed to be hoping Perry would come in and seize it. Didn't happen... OK - let's move on and support Rosier, but don't pretend he didn't earn the skepticism. He's been here a long time.
I'm really happy Richt proved to go on practice evidence. I was slightly worried he'd allow his reported excitement and desire to see our phenom develop bias his perspective (and ultimately decision). Rosier is far from perfect. Given his competitive advantages in the QB race and how the competition was nonetheless extended, it should provide insight into what he brings to the table and also on our alternatives.

And, here's the kicker: it's not a big deal. It does not mean Perry is any more or less likely to be a star. The kid almost literally just got here. Now, for the last time, we can just see his development play out on the field without artificially propping up anyone or suppressing another. I'm pumped it turned out this way and optimistic about the season. Doesn't mean we won't see mistakes from Rosier. Just remember, it'd likely be worse if we went with the alternative right now.

Last edited:
LOL.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/players-move/117044/5#post2829023

I think Allison and Rosier finish 1 and 2 (not sure who is 1, though) after spring. I think Weldon will be number 3.

I think Perry redshirts.

Assuming Rosier never starts next year, or he loses the job next spring, I think he becomes a grad transfer.

And our QBs for 2018 are Allison, Weldon, Perry, and a Freshman. 2018 is "suppose" to be the year the roster expects to be fully loaded. Any 1 of the 3 can own the position, by then.

I feel you about your preference for being reliable. Especially at QB. I get it.

But I also think the stats you listed are EXACTLY why I question how so many D1 coaches could miss that kid. Stats and measurables for a kid in GA don't fly under the radar, in my opinion. And the UGA QB depth chart was a mess when that kid came out. South Carolina, too. Those 2 schools heavily recruit north Georgia. It would seem to me, schools like Memphis, Kentucky, or Vandy should have been in the mix for him.

But I could be wrong ... won't be the first or last time. Lol

IF Allison is a bust, then I think they keep Shirreffs as the 3rd QB behind Rosier and Weldon. I think Weldon and Rosier are the same QB, so I think they'll both be on the roster because the offense can be the same.

But I think Allison and Shirreffs are competing for the same roster spot, and I think Allison gets it. Totally based on high school rankings, and nothing else.

If the decision was that obvious, Richt would have named a leader in spring like he wanted to. And he wouldn't have waited until August 22nd to name a starter.

We made a prediction and got it wrong. It happens and will happen again.

But there's one important thing you need to remember. Pete and I aren't out here watching a HUDL video and making a decision based on our expertise. We are talking to many people directly involved. We are getting their opinions. And we are bringing their opinions to you. Read between the lines.

Prior performance does not dictate how an open competition will go. Rosier performed and won the opportunity to start. Now he gets the opportunity to really prove us wrong, on the field. I hope he does it.

One minor exception. Even if CMR had a very good idea who he was going to name at the beginning of Spring, I still don't think he would have. I believe CMR to be an honest man, and when he sits down with a recruit like N'kosi and his family in their living room and tells that young man and his family that he will be given every opportunity to play that he means every word of that. Not only do I believe that, more importantly I believe the player also believe that, and I feel like it is that belief that the competition would be truly open and honest that drove Malik and Evan to elevate their game the way they did.

I'm pretty new here, so I can't really speak on what was said here in the past, but I can tell you that neither Rosier nor Shirreffs are the same player they were a year ago. A year ago I felt like our best chance for success this year would be Jack Allison because he was physically gifted and he had a year on the scout team. If you had told me after the Russell Athletic Bowl that Malik Rosier would be starting and Evan Shirreffs would be the #2 , I would have **** near cried. But I was wrong. These guys came out and pushed each other to get better and the unit became better as a whole. I have a confidence in Rosier that I never thought I would have because he proved me wrong and he earned it.

Advertisement
I don't know what some people can't see. Richt wanted Perry to win the spot, but he is doing things like fumbling exchanges, which are a direct result of inexperience. He will be groomed, and eventually he will almost certainly be the guy. Until then, we ride with the guy that gives us the best chance to win games.

I'd imagine the whole team also knew he wasn't ready, and it would've set a bad precedent to play him in front of Rosier. Couple that with Rosier steadily improving, and there you have it.

LOL at complaining about the staff on a free website that gives us daily information. OP should be negged to oblivion.

LOL.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/players-move/117044/5#post2829023

I think Allison and Rosier finish 1 and 2 (not sure who is 1, though) after spring. I think Weldon will be number 3.

I think Perry redshirts.

Assuming Rosier never starts next year, or he loses the job next spring, I think he becomes a grad transfer.

And our QBs for 2018 are Allison, Weldon, Perry, and a Freshman. 2018 is "suppose" to be the year the roster expects to be fully loaded. Any 1 of the 3 can own the position, by then.

I feel you about your preference for being reliable. Especially at QB. I get it.

But I also think the stats you listed are EXACTLY why I question how so many D1 coaches could miss that kid. Stats and measurables for a kid in GA don't fly under the radar, in my opinion. And the UGA QB depth chart was a mess when that kid came out. South Carolina, too. Those 2 schools heavily recruit north Georgia. It would seem to me, schools like Memphis, Kentucky, or Vandy should have been in the mix for him.

But I could be wrong ... won't be the first or last time. Lol

IF Allison is a bust, then I think they keep Shirreffs as the 3rd QB behind Rosier and Weldon. I think Weldon and Rosier are the same QB, so I think they'll both be on the roster because the offense can be the same.

But I think Allison and Shirreffs are competing for the same roster spot, and I think Allison gets it. Totally based on high school rankings, and nothing else.

:monkey-serious:

I'm glad you didn't parse my quote ... Because I was pretty close to what actually happened. I suggested Allison and Rosier would finish 1 & 2 ... But I also predicted Allison and Shirreffs were competing for the same roster spot.

You wanna kill me for my knocking Shirreffs? Have at it.

And if we ever need him to play for us, I hope he is everything good he has been made out to be.

Who gave Ferman the new URL?
I salute you dudes for being great company men for the Miami football program.

A decision that was OBVIOUS from the very beginning has turned into high drama on the message boards for **** near 8 months. All thanks to you two telling us how TERRIBLE Malik Rosier is.

Then, adding the "Evan Shirreffs is better than y'all think, and is actually ahead in the competition" posts to the "Perry is the best, and will have every shot to win the starting job" posts, y'all have done great work!

But the next time this needs to happen, PLEASE don't bury the guy the way y'all did to Malik Rosier. It's kind of hard for an insider to go from, "Rosier won't even be on this team, and is the worst of all QB options", to ... "Rosier has been named the starter".

Rant over. Woosah

*Feel free to delete this, or merge it into the Rosier is starting thread. But given how much Pete and DMoney have dumped on Rosier for the past 2 seasons, it seems appropriate for this to stand alone.

you dont get to call out anyone when you hedged and basically said the starting QB could be anyone(but shirreffs).

you even mentioned rosier transferring and said our QBs in 2018 would be allison, weldon, perry. which is wrong x3. allison is gone, and rosier and shirreffs, missing from your list, most likely will play a significant role for us.

"if this", "if that".

its weak. you of all people dont get to call out anyone. not only were you wrong about a lot, you didnt even have to balls to just pick a starter when i asked you straight up.

c'mon, man.

Advertisement
There was no way in **** he could justify Perry with the numbers in the two scrimmages. Don't get me wrong, I like that Rosier grabbed the bull by the horns.

Ready to see his progress September 2nd.

and you better PRAY rosier looks sharp in these first few games, because you know who is right behind him.

A decision that was OBVIOUS from the very beginning has turned into high drama on the message boards for **** near 8 months. All thanks to you two telling us how TERRIBLE Malik Rosier is.

Then, adding the "Evan Shirreffs is better than y'all think, and is actually ahead in the competition" posts to the "Perry is the best, and will have every shot to win the starting job" posts, y'all have done great work!

But the next time this needs to happen, PLEASE don't bury the guy the way y'all did to Malik Rosier. It's kind of hard for an insider to go from, "Rosier won't even be on this team, and is the worst of all QB options", to ... "Rosier has been named the starter".

Rant over. Woosah

*Feel free to delete this, or merge it into the Rosier is starting thread. But given how much Pete and DMoney have dumped on Rosier for the past 2 seasons, it seems appropriate for this to stand alone.
. Who cares what he inferred, thought, or said. Decision made on qb, let's kick it off!

Call me a "company man" but I don't remember Pete or D$ dumping on Rosier. I remember them predicting that Perry would win it, and I remember them (and others including myself) pointing out some of Rosier's limitations as a QB. But "dumping"?

They made a prediction, Rosier worked his *** off to prove their prediction wrong. It's a good thing.

That said I still wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Perry get significant playing time this year either way. He's still the future and now he can focus on getting better without the pressure of being the guy right out of the gate.

I love Pete and Dmoney, but my memory is of them talking about how he was going to transfer out of spring LAST YEAR!! I do understand that they are not perfect, but it was not lost on me. I don't care who the qb is, I just want to win!!

Advertisement
First, Congratulations to Malik. I'm not a expert by any means but I seem to be good at reading between the lines. like him or not the last three years under Kaaya have been the only stable years we have had at the position since Dorsey. Don't criticize the Mods. Malik was considered by very few to be in line to be the man. Allison was and disappointed. Sheriff was added late for depth after other options went elsewhere. In summary Malik and Sherriff were probably never expected to start. Allison was and now Perry is but is not ready. How can you not conclude that from CMR's remarks that Malik is just keeping the seat warm until Perry is ready. That's what Peter's position has been. You have never heard from the staff any talk that suggest that Malik has really stepped up his game and turned the corner. He and Sherriff are pretty equal . CMR had to pick one until Perry is ready.

you dont get to call out anyone when you hedged and basically said the starting QB could be anyone(but shirreffs).

you even mentioned rosier transferring and said our QBs in 2018 would be allison, weldon, perry. which is wrong x3. allison is gone, and rosier and shirreffs, missing from your list, most likely will play a significant role for us.

"if this", "if that".

its weak. you of all people dont get to call out anyone. not only were you wrong about a lot, you didnt even have to balls to just pick a starter when i asked you straight up.

c'mon, man.

We're both fans of the same team. And, presumably, we both want the team to do well. So, I'm not really interested in some argument where we question one another's manhood.

No need to do that.

But my comment about Rosier transferring was based on him NOT winning the job in 2017:

Some of you dweebs get so butthurt about a game.

There are some hard realities about our QB situation. It seemed pretty clear that Richt was hesitant to name a guy that has a massive experience advantage over his competitors, and that in itself says a lot. It also seemed clear that Richt had a special feeling about Perry. It didn't happen, he didn't get here and take it by the horns - obviously D$ & Pete (and perhaps Richt) were overly optimistic about his chances.... those feelings aren't as strong if there wasn't some reservation about Rosier from all of those people. In any other case Rosier is the guy automatically, it should tell you something that almost everyone involved who sees these guys more than the rest of us seemed to be hoping Perry would come in and seize it. Didn't happen... OK - let's move on and support Rosier, but don't pretend he didn't earn the skepticism. He's been here a long time.
What massive experience does he have? Other than being in school for longer he has no great experience over the others. He's learning a new scheme like Sheriffs. He has a couple game experience and mop up duties.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Rant over. Woosah

Turns out the rest of us can make our own judgements. It just so happens that lots of people, on their own, wanted Perry to be the guy and thought that if Rosier were going to be a starter he'd have wrapped things up in the spring. Sometimes people agree, and yet, have made their own conclusions. Strange.

Rosier has to have improved. He played well in the scrimmages regardless of what units he was going against or with. Our defense is no slouch whether second or first team.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've never "dumped" on Rosier. I also never said he wouldn't be on the roster next year. I've mentioned multiple times I didn't ever see him transferring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back