Props to Peter Ariz and D$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a "company man" but I don't remember Pete or D$ dumping on Rosier. I remember them predicting that Perry would win it, and I remember them (and others including myself) pointing out some of Rosier's limitations as a QB. But "dumping"?

They made a prediction, Rosier worked his *** off to prove their prediction wrong. It's a good thing.

That said I still wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Perry get significant playing time this year either way. He's still the future and now he can focus on getting better without the pressure of being the guy right out of the gate.

I love Pete and Dmoney, but my memory is of them talking about how he was going to transfer out of spring LAST YEAR!! I do understand that they are not perfect, but it was not lost on me. I don't care who the qb is, I just want to win!!
\

I never said he was going to transfer

Advertisement
Haters love to scream your failures but whisper your success

Last edited:
Loser thread. He's the starting QB. Who cares who said what. We all have to root for him & thats it. Lets roll.

you dont get to call out anyone when you hedged and basically said the starting QB could be anyone(but shirreffs).

you even mentioned rosier transferring and said our QBs in 2018 would be allison, weldon, perry. which is wrong x3. allison is gone, and rosier and shirreffs, missing from your list, most likely will play a significant role for us.

"if this", "if that".

its weak. you of all people dont get to call out anyone. not only were you wrong about a lot, you didnt even have to balls to just pick a starter when i asked you straight up.

c'mon, man.

We're both fans of the same team. And, presumably, we both want the team to do well. So, I'm not really interested in some argument where we question one another's manhood.

No need to do that.

But my comment about Rosier transferring was based on him NOT winning the job in 2017:

Assuming Rosier never starts next year, or he loses the job next spring, I think he becomes a grad transfer.

And our QBs for 2018 are Allison, Weldon, Perry, and a Freshman. 2018 is "suppose" to be the year the roster expects to be fully loaded. Any 1 of the 3 can own the position, by then.

but, your cowardice is relevant to the topic of your thread.

you're calling out other people for making a pick you weren't brave enough to make yourself when i asked you. instead, you gave a response where you listed about 4 or 5 different scenarios that could play out...more than half of which was incorrect.

my response isnt meant for you. its for anyone else that thinks they should take your opinion/thoughts seriously.

Advertisement
I actually think there's a fair mix of both here.
Pete and D said that Perry would have every opportunity to start. And he did. He just didn't take it like they thought.

Pete and D also added in thing like "he's the most dynsmic " or "he's got the best arm". And maybe they even pointed out that Malick has limitations. I think MIAs issue is he took those as bagging on Rosier. It's a fine line between pointing out someone's deficiencies and straight bagging on them.

So it shouldn't be a surprise some dudes feel like Pete and D were down on him.

Best part is our current qb truly earned his spot. And I'm honestly not sure the last time that happened here. Hopefully Malik balls out. Our season depends on it.

you dont get to call out anyone when you hedged and basically said the starting QB could be anyone(but shirreffs).

you even mentioned rosier transferring and said our QBs in 2018 would be allison, weldon, perry. which is wrong x3. allison is gone, and rosier and shirreffs, missing from your list, most likely will play a significant role for us.

"if this", "if that".

its weak. you of all people dont get to call out anyone. not only were you wrong about a lot, you didnt even have to balls to just pick a starter when i asked you straight up.

c'mon, man.

We're both fans of the same team. And, presumably, we both want the team to do well. So, I'm not really interested in some argument where we question one another's manhood.

No need to do that.

But my comment about Rosier transferring was based on him NOT winning the job in 2017:

Assuming Rosier never starts next year, or he loses the job next spring, I think he becomes a grad transfer.

And our QBs for 2018 are Allison, Weldon, Perry, and a Freshman. 2018 is "suppose" to be the year the roster expects to be fully loaded. Any 1 of the 3 can own the position, by then.

you're calling out other people for making a pick you weren't brave enough to make yourself when i asked you. instead, you gave a response where you listed about 4 or 5 different scenarios that could play out...more than half of which was incorrect.

my response isnt meant for you. its for anyone else that thinks they should take your opinion/thoughts seriously.

You're a funny guy.

Go back to the same thread you pulled my posted response from ... Then pull your declaration for a starter ... Or were you too cowardly to make a selection?

You guys need to quit being lemmings and hanging on the evaluations of other men.

Follow football. Pay attention to history. And make your own determinations. You guys act like football is astrophysics and you need someone to tell you what you should think.

Pete is an unparalleled information man. If he tells you that someone is going to commit or that someone is waffling buy it because he's relaying direct facts to you.

If he's opining on a QB race it's nothing but an opinion even if the opinion is based in part on things he's hearing from connected people.

Trust the facts he brings us because no one does that better. Don't set him up as some sort of personnel deity though because you're setting yourself and him up for failure.

Guys making millions to do that stuff for a living at the highest levels mess it up all the time. There's no science to it, so quit treating their opinions on personnel like answers to math problems.

Richt was hard on Malik last year.. Mark said today the Testeverde won the backup job one week, that says it all right there..He said he had terrible footwork, didn't always know where to go with the ball, tried to be a hero, etc. Malik never had a qb coach prior to Mark coming in to teach him fundamentals. Evan will probably be a grad transfer next year, but let's just pray everyone stays healthy and we have a qb that can lead us a division title.. then we can figure out how to win the conference..

Advertisement

"if this", "if that".

c'mon, man.

We're both fans of the same team. And, presumably, we both want the team to do well.

Funny...so what was the purpose of an entire thread to point a finger at some of the people that bring some of the best insight here for free?

Who cares who predicted what, when, where.... I appreciate all the information thats brought to CIS. It's up to me and only me to believe what a certain posters says. If it's from a credible source I'll try to look into it. If I dont know I keep my mouth shut.

I Like this site, and I appreciate all the people who put in work to keep this place running and it's free for us Canes fans... No one is perfect.....
I feel good with Rosier, and the best part is we have 3 good QB's in waiting, just in case.

LOL, ya Pete and D$ are responsible for it, Rosier had nothing to do with how he's played practiced or Never watched film before games.

But the next time this needs to happen, PLEASE don't bury the guy the way y'all did to Malik Rosier. It's kind of hard for an insider to go from, "Rosier won't even be on this team, and is the worst of all QB options", to ... "Rosier has been named the starter".

you literally did to shirreffs what youre accusing them of doing to rosier

The fact that some posters believe a kid who was considering Georgetown, Columbia, and VMI before Miami showed up with an offer MAY be a viable candidate to lead this team next season (or at any time) speaks volumes about how far this team is from winning anything significant, IMO.

And anyone who thinks Shirreffs has a real shot at winning the QB job better be one of the people ok with winning 7-9 games next year.

If Allison can't separate from Shirreffs this spring, then is says more about Captain Jack than it does about Shirreffs.

Allison and Shirreffs are the same QB, physically ... But one was a 4-star and the other a 3-star. 1 guy was a top 200 player in the country, the other was rated in the 1,500s in his class. One guy was rated as top-10 at his position, the other was rated 61st ...

The legend of Evan Shirreffs being some play-maker continue to frustrate the **** out of me.

Can't wait to see this guy transfer, or prove to be the talent I keep reading he is on this board.

Advertisement
I would disagree regarding Shirreffs. Most fans don't realize that he was [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] for the bowl game. If Kaaya went down, Shirreffs was next.
The kid is brilliant. Don't look at the skinny stature. Out of the returning QB's he is the most athletic. I am not saying he will be a star, I just think he is worth keeping. Also, if he doesnt figure in the mix, I doubt he will stay.

This follows along with everything that I had heard from the staph back in fall camp.

I don't know why it rustles so many jimmies around these parts.

Because it's a fallacy.

Duke was the final regular season game of the year. Shirreffs was fully healthy at that point. If he was the number 2 QB, why didn't he finish the game for Kaaya?

And nothing would have happened between the Duke game and the bowl game to change the QB depth chart.

It's ridiculous to keep reading about this kid being a viable option, in my opinion.

also, wrong. richt said today in his interview that shirreffs was #2 at several points last year

"if this", "if that".

c'mon, man.

No need to do that.

You're a funny guy.

Go back to the same thread you pulled my posted response from ... Then pull your declaration for a starter ... Or were you too cowardly to make a selection?

too easy.

where do you see me embarrassing myself by creating a thread calling out others for a prediction that i didnt even get right? is the context of this entire discussion that lost on you?

its not cowardly to have not predicted a starter, you ****. cowardice is calling someone else out for something you didnt have the fortitude to do yourself when given the opportunity.

i argued that shirreffs would be in the QB race. i was right.

you argued that it was a joke that people were even discussing him as an option & that he'd most likely transfer. wrong.

Advertisement
You guys need to quit being lemmings and hanging on the evaluations of other men.

Follow football. Pay attention to history. And make your own determinations. You guys act like football is astrophysics and you need someone to tell you what you should think.

Pete is an unparalleled information man. If he tells you that someone is going to commit or that someone is waffling buy it because he's relaying direct facts to you.

If he's opining on a QB race it's nothing but an opinion even if the opinion is based in part on things he's hearing from connected people.

Trust the facts he brings us because no one does that better. Don't set him up as some sort of personnel deity though because you're setting yourself and him up for failure.

Guys making millions to do that stuff for a living at the highest levels mess it up all the time. There's no science to it, so quit treating their opinions on personnel like answers to math problems.
Great post chise. As usual right on the money. Nail meet hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back