Prop Plane Nation

I feel bad for Arteaga in all of this. Maybe he doesn't have head coaching aspirations or doesn't want to move, but he consistently turns out quality pitching staffs, and often with kids that rarely hit 90 on their fastball. If this season doesn't turn around, and quick, he could be a casualty and that would be the biggest loss of all.

I don't. The entire program desperately needs a total makeover. It's stale like week old bread.

Advertisement
Evidence is mounting that we need to deploy the airforce again over the baseball stadium.

Thoughts?

When do we stop embarrassing the brand and start trusting the administration to make the right decision? Serious question. I'm saying this because Blake James and Julio Frenk appear to know what they are doing.

This is by no means an endorsement of Jim Morris.

If the banner crowd got their way in 2015 Donnna Shalala would've hired another football coach and buried this program for good.

My post isn't about Jim Morris per se, it is about the bold part above.

So a few things:

1. Golden should have been fired after 2013. [In general] Even if you choose to ignore the evidence and wanted him to remain for 2014. He should have been fired during the season in 2014 or shortly thereafter and there is no reason he should have remained after or to coach the 2015 season. None of this has anything to do with Richt. The coach failed and failed and failed again. Instead the admin kept him.

2. You can't say who we would have got after the 2013 season or the 2014 season. You can't. You can speculate and bullchit but you can't say we would have gotten X or Y. Even though I hate Shalala and her impact on the program, we needed to fire Golden way before it was actual done.

3. [In general] The same logic you make about Shalala hiring "another football coach and buried this program for good" applies to her hiring Blake James. If you're going to say that admin shouldn't hire a coach, then they shouldn't hire the AD.

4. The real issue is we haven't, and still don't, have a competent AD who has the power to run the actual athletic department. If a long time ago, instead of hiring Hocutt, we did a proper AD hiring and gave that AD control and autonomy, it wouldn't have taken that long to "fix" things. I assure you this AD would not tell Coach L to send me your resume (this wasn't Blake, this was Eichorst).

------------

As for my personal feelings about Blake. I think it is laughable how he landed this job or fell as$ backwards into it. AD #1 leaves, we hire AD #2 . AD #2 leaves and instead of properly hiring AD #3 (for the first time in a long time), we promote from a failed regime within. Logical.

I don't see the appeal of him. I don't think he is qualified for this gig and I don't think he has a logical plan for this program. I appreciate Frenk for forcing the late decision of firing Golden. So Golden is fired, 2 years too late, but he is fired.

Then Blake is tasked with picking the next coach has a plan to hire ___________ (insert list of atrocious names here). This was the plan. To hire from that list. Then UGA fires Richt and we give him a call. That isn't a plan, that is luck.

But for UGA, we have a coach that would be laughable as that was Blake's plan. Just like Blake fell as$ backwards into his job, Richt fell as$ backwards into our lap. Again that isn't a plan, that is luck.

Please note I am not including my thoughts of Morris or Richt. It isn't relevant to the discussion of the above.

Evidence is mounting that we need to deploy the airforce again over the baseball stadium.

Thoughts?

When do we stop embarrassing the brand and start trusting the administration to make the right decision? Serious question. I'm saying this because Blake James and Julio Frenk appear to know what they are doing.

If the banner crowd got their way in 2015 Donnna Shalala would've hired another football coach and buried this program for good.

I agree with you to let it play out. It's Jims last season and he's at least earned a peaceful one for all his years here.

I don't agree with the whole let the admin do their job. They haven't. They've lucked into everything so far. Jimmy L was luck. He basically put himself in their faces. He was never a thought. Mark was luck that he got fired when he did. Who knows who they would have called. And the baseball team? Well they simply appointed Dimare as coach in waiting. Decision has been made. Not even an attempt to do a search. Just make someone from within. I think we can agree that's unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget Coach L recruiting himself, and the only reason we got Butch was that everyone else turned them down. Howard was the one and only actual good hire by any UM administration. Even Erickson just basically ran our Butch and JJ's talent and then left a disaster. The players were to blame for Coker but God knows what idiot the administration would have chosen.

Just for the record, Coach L was a prior AD. Even if Coach L didn't send and promote himself, he was hired by a prior AD and not Fake.

True, but I am not talking about a particular AD or President. The administration in general as just sucked. We don't know who the current AD would had hired if Mark had not gotten fired at UGA.

I agree with you to let it play out. It's Jims last season and he's at least earned a peaceful one for all his years here.

I don't agree with the whole let the admin do their job. They haven't. They've lucked into everything so far. Jimmy L was luck. He basically put himself in their faces. He was never a thought. Mark was luck that he got fired when he did. Who knows who they would have called. And the baseball team? Well they simply appointed Dimare as coach in waiting. Decision has been made. Not even an attempt to do a search. Just make someone from within. I think we can agree that's unacceptable.

Don't forget Coach L recruiting himself, and the only reason we got Butch was that everyone else turned them down. Howard was the one and only actual good hire by any UM administration. Even Erickson just basically ran our Butch and JJ's talent and then left a disaster. The players were to blame for Coker but God knows what idiot the administration would have chosen.

They would have hired Barry Alvarez. It was in The U pt. 2. That would have been a disaster.

All different administrations.

And all sucked. We got lucky with chance elevator meeting to get JJ. Dennis ran the program into the ground so the second pick by the same AD was bad.

Just for the record, Coach L was a prior AD. Even if Coach L didn't send and promote himself, he was hired by a prior AD and not Fake.

True, but I am not talking about a particular AD or President. The administration in general as just sucked. We don't know who the current AD would had hired if Mark had not gotten fired at UGA.

Of course they sucked as does the current AD and the prior ones that Shalala hired.

Advertisement
While I agree the time has passed on Morris, it is going to be very, very difficult for this program to succeed going forward as a private school with the scholarship limitations of baseball.

There are few people that dislike Dimare more than I (with the exception of my brother). Despite that, no one knows high school Miami baseball more than him. Few people in miami have more money than his father; and he played and coached under Fraser and then coached under Morris. The man will win, but he will break rules. The question is whether they catch him. Make no question that Miami will win big under Dimare. (Braun received 1 college scholarship for goodness sake.)

Advertisement
are scholarship limitations new????

No. NCAA allows 11.7 scholarships max for baseball (I believe that's the current number). Problem is that Miami is an expensive private school. State schools are cheaper, have more options to offset or minimize expenses, etc ... LOTS of college baseball players have hefty college loan balances when they are done playing. It's not like basketball or football where all your best players (and your important reserves) are scholarship athletes.

are scholarship limitations new????

No. NCAA allows 11.7 scholarships max for baseball (I believe that's the current number). Problem is that Miami is an expensive private school. State schools are cheaper, have more options to offset or minimize expenses, etc ... LOTS of college baseball players have hefty college loan balances when they are done playing. It's not like basketball or football where all your best players (and your important reserves) are scholarship athletes.

It's only a problem if we practice lazy recruiting. There are 500,000 high school baseball players. We have to be able to find 10 each year that have a favorable combination of talent, academic merit, and finances.

Thoughts?

So a few things:

1. Golden should have been fired after 2013. [In general] Even if you choose to ignore the evidence and wanted him to remain for 2014. He should have been fired during the season in 2014 or shortly thereafter and there is no reason he should have remained after or to coach the 2015 season. None of this has anything to do with Richt. The coach failed and failed and failed again. Instead the admin kept him.

2. You can't say who we would have got after the 2013 season or the 2014 season. You can't. You can speculate and bullchit but you can't say we would have gotten X or Y. Even though I hate Shalala and her impact on the program, we needed to fire Golden way before it was actual done.

3. [In general] The same logic you make about Shalala hiring "another football coach and buried this program for good" applies to her hiring Blake James. If you're going to say that admin shouldn't hire a coach, then they shouldn't hire the AD.

4. The real issue is we haven't, and still don't, have a competent AD who has the power to run the actual athletic department. If a long time ago, instead of hiring Hocutt, we did a proper AD hiring and gave that AD control and autonomy, it wouldn't have taken that long to "fix" things. I assure you this AD would not tell Coach L to send me your resume (this wasn't Blake, this was Eichorst).

------------

As for my personal feelings about Blake. I think it is laughable how he landed this job or fell as$ backwards into it. AD #1 leaves, we hire AD #2 . AD #2 leaves and instead of properly hiring AD #3 (for the first time in a long time), we promote from a failed regime within. Logical.

I don't see the appeal of him. I don't think he is qualified for this gig and I don't think he has a logical plan for this program. I appreciate Frenk for forcing the late decision of firing Golden. So Golden is fired, 2 years too late, but he is fired.

Then Blake is tasked with picking the next coach has a plan to hire ___________ (insert list of atrocious names here). This was the plan. To hire from that list. Then UGA fires Richt and we give him a call. That isn't a plan, that is luck.

But for UGA, we have a coach that would be laughable as that was Blake's plan. Just like Blake fell as$ backwards into his job, Richt fell as$ backwards into our lap. Again that isn't a plan, that is luck.

Please note I am not including my thoughts of Morris or Richt. It isn't relevant to the discussion of the above.

Post of the year so far. Blake James is laughably incompetent, a limp wristed ******, and a glorified ticket salesmen. Comfy, uninspired move to promote Flake James, just like it was a comfy, uninspiring, terrible hire to promote DiMare to head coach in waiting.

Bring me Lovelady...but of course James won't do it, because he has no balls.

Advertisement
While I agree the time has passed on Morris, it is going to be very, very difficult for this program to succeed going forward as a private school with the scholarship limitations of baseball.

giphy.gif

Thoughts?

So a few things:

------------

Post of the year so far. Blake James is laughably incompetent, a limp wristed ******, and a glorified ticket salesmen. Comfy, uninspired move to promote Flake James, just like it was a comfy, uninspiring, terrible hire to promote DiMare to head coach in waiting.

It's hard to take anyone who calls themselves Omeezy seriously.

Advertisement

Thoughts?

So a few things:

------------

It's hard to take anyone who calls themselves Omeezy seriously.

cool story bruh; especially coming from the twerp who defended al golden up until the end. twerp stays twerp'in

I am just curious how did Vandy do it.

Advertisement
Back