Prop Plane Nation

Somebody say prop plane?

Canes010.jpg

Advertisement
Evidence is mounting that we need to deploy the airforce again over the baseball stadium.

Thoughts?

When do we stop embarrassing the brand and start trusting the administration to make the right decision? Serious question. I'm saying this because Blake James and Julio Frenk appear to know what they are doing.

This is by no means an endorsement of Jim Morris.

If the banner crowd got their way in 2015 Donnna Shalala would've hired another football coach and buried this program for good.

Yeah, and this time she would have hired a woman...

Evidence is mounting that we need to deploy the airforce again over the baseball stadium.

Thoughts?

When do we stop embarrassing the brand and start trusting the administration to make the right decision? Serious question. I'm saying this because Blake James and Julio Frenk appear to know what they are doing.

If the banner crowd got their way in 2015 Donnna Shalala would've hired another football coach and buried this program for good.

I agree with you to let it play out. It's Jims last season and he's at least earned a peaceful one for all his years here.

I don't agree with the whole let the admin do their job. They haven't. They've lucked into everything so far. Jimmy L was luck. He basically put himself in their faces. He was never a thought. Mark was luck that he got fired when he did. Who knows who they would have called. And the baseball team? Well they simply appointed Dimare as coach in waiting. Decision has been made. Not even an attempt to do a search. Just make someone from within. I think we can agree that's unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget Coach L recruiting himself, and the only reason we got Butch was that everyone else turned them down. Howard was the one and only actual good hire by any UM administration. Even Erickson just basically ran our Butch and JJ's talent and then left a disaster. The players were to blame for Coker but God knows what idiot the administration would have chosen.

Thoughts?

I agree with you to let it play out. It's Jims last season and he's at least earned a peaceful one for all his years here.

I don't agree with the whole let the admin do their job. They haven't. They've lucked into everything so far. Jimmy L was luck. He basically put himself in their faces. He was never a thought. Mark was luck that he got fired when he did. Who knows who they would have called. And the baseball team? Well they simply appointed Dimare as coach in waiting. Decision has been made. Not even an attempt to do a search. Just make someone from within. I think we can agree that's unacceptable.

Don't forget Coach L recruiting himself, and the only reason we got Butch was that everyone else turned them down. Howard was the one and only actual good hire by any UM administration. Even Erickson just basically ran our Butch and JJ's talent and then left a disaster. The players were to blame for Coker but God knows what idiot the administration would have chosen.

They would have hired Barry Alvarez. It was in The U pt. 2. That would have been a disaster.

Advertisement
Who do you guys want to replace Morris?

Most of the guys I would want aren't really realistic lol... Like Tim Tadlock from TTech or a guy like Mark Martinez from SD State.

But, I defer to yall on this one.

Thoughts?

They would have hired Barry Alvarez. It was in The U pt. 2. That would have been a disaster.

All different administrations.

Advertisement
Who do you guys want to replace Morris?

Most of the guys I would want aren't really realistic lol... Like Tim Tadlock from TTech or a guy like Mark Martinez from SD State.

But, I defer to yall on this one.

The UM baseball job has been called by many over the years to be the best job in college baseball. There would be a laundry list of guys who would cut off an arm for the job.

We need to make an inspired hire of a young go getter who will inject energy into this program that has been missing for about 8 to 10 years now. Make a hire like UF did when they hired a guy most had never heard of--Kevin O'Sullivan.

With the season they are having at the plate right now, if they hire Dimare it would literally be the most unjustified move I have ever seen a serious college make. With our fanbase, there is just no way they can justify hiring him. He will get torn apart from day 1 and the program will go down the drain immediately.

It's not an if. He is the coach in waiting. Its that simple.

I know thats the case. Kind of like Muschamp was the coach in waiting at Texas.... milions of things can change including him having the worst batting avg in D1 baseball right now. And he has no excuses considering hes in charge of recruiting too. So hes failing at one or the other or both.

Advertisement
If this was a bump in the road I'd say give him the whole season. Two things: 1. It's become apparent that the wheels have completely fallen off and the season (and streak) are over. 2. His teams consistently crap themselves against UF. Inexcusable. It will take 2 full seasons to become competitive again. Might as well start the rebuild with a brand new coach FROM OUTSIDE the team.

Last edited:
Serious question: who is going to get rid of DiMare?
Blake?
LOL.
DiMare Sr will can Blake like one of his Homestead tomatoes before that weenie AD touches his son.

Advertisement
One more season of Morris after this one is less scary than Dimare for life. Hiring a coach you can't fire is the kind of mistake that could ruin a program forever.

I feel bad for Arteaga in all of this. Maybe he doesn't have head coaching aspirations or doesn't want to move, but he consistently turns out quality pitching staffs, and often with kids that rarely hit 90 on their fastball. If this season doesn't turn around, and quick, he could be a casualty and that would be the biggest loss of all.

Thoughts?

Just for the record, Coach L was a prior AD. Even if Coach L didn't send and promote himself, he was hired by a prior AD and not Fake.

Advertisement
Back