Proof of Randomness in College Baseball

HA! HA! HA! HA!

[I said 2 years about UCLA. Learn to read.]

Tell me that Coastal and South Carolina are better than UM since 2013? Simply write it because that is all I need to know!

Advertisement
HA! HA! HA! HA!

I am imortalizing this one before he can edit it: "Brian O-Connor has said multiple times that it was a mental thing they went through that year. The talent was still there. Obviously."

That is conjecture. Heck, we even went 20-12 during the latter half. If our pitching was equal to the Florida series, we beat UNC. The fact is that we lost and had the worst year of our history.

Why would I edit it? I've heard the man say it in person. His season story is a great story.

Why do you keep talking about Miami? Miami is irrelevant in any championship discussion.

The best teams of the decade are also the teams that win the most games in Omaha. Throw as many darts as you want, but it's just a numerical fact.

I'm not throwing darts. I'm puncturing your weak arguments.

Virginia wasn't one of the best teams in 2015 so to say that the best teams win in Omaha is disingenuous. What do those other seasons have to do with that team?

HA! HA! HA! HA!

[I said 2 years about UCLA. Learn to read.]

Tell me that Coastal and South Carolina are better than UM since 2013? Simply write it because that is all I need to know!

"Also, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Fresno, Coastal and South Carolina have had terrible 4-year runs at some point during the decade. UM had one bad year."

Seriously, go fck yourself. You forget what you wrote 15 minutes ago.

BAsed on numbers, Morris excels. 2015 and 2016 show that he is still elite. Even if we fail in 2018, he retires on top.

Stanford's coach faltered badly recently and ended up with a very good squad in 2017. They missed Omaha but he ended his career well.

Only someone who is biased and hates UM would want to fire their best coach after 2 Final Fours in 3 years. Omaha is baseball's Final Four.

Advertisement
Right, because that was the discussion. I made the claim that the best teams over the decade also had the most wins in Omaha in that decade. Of course you would only use the regular season record to make that claim.

I was merely correcting you because you posted that they had the best record in all of baseball which they don't.

So even though you established the context of "best team" being based on regular season records, you're now going to debate the use of "best team" when I use regular season records.

That's how I know I've won.

The best teams of the decade are also the teams that win the most games in Omaha. Throw as many darts as you want, but it's just a numerical fact.

I'm not throwing darts. I'm puncturing your weak arguments.

Virginia wasn't one of the best teams in 2015 so to say that the best teams win in Omaha is disingenuous. What do those other seasons have to do with that team?

They were one of the best teams. Remember, you're the one who thinks that "best team" must equal "best record".

Serious question: have you ever had a team at STA that lost early, needed some mental adjustments, then went on a crazy run to win the whole thing? And you knew the whole time that the talent was there?

BAsed on numbers, Morris excels. 2015 and 2016 show that he is still elite. Even if we fail in 2018, he retires on top.

Stanford's coach faltered badly recently and ended up with a very good squad in 2017. They missed Omaha but he ended his career well.

Only someone who is biased and hates UM would want to fire their best coach after 2 Final Fours in 3 years. Omaha is baseball's Final Four.

Danny, no one said anything about firing Morris. And why do you think Martin is better than Morris?

Advertisement
That Virginia team was far from one of their worst teams. They went through some early turmoil, then obviously put it all together just like they did the year before.

Or they obviously got super lucky. See, this is where your dishonesty comes into full view.

You claim that the 2015 and 2016 Miami teams were lucky (when they really weren't) but then turn around and attribute "putting it all together" to explain Virginia's success in 2015.

This was their road to Omaha. They were sent to the Lake Elsinore Regional (which is over 160 miles away from the host school). So they played in an effective neutral site Regional.

# 2 Southern California
# 4 San Diego State
# 2 Southern California

They missed the # 1 seed in that Regional.

Then the # 1 seed they were paired with (the # 1 national seed!) lost to 3-seed Maryland. This allowed them to host a Super Regional.

# 3 Maryland
# 3 Maryland

So the team that went 15-15 in the "weak" ACC and was a 3-seed in the NCAA Tournament missed the 1-seed in their Regional and the 1-seed in the Regional paired with them. Then they got to host a Super Regional.

If this was Miami is there any doubt what Jagr's angle would have been?

But since it was Virginia they "put it all together" and won it.

Brian O-Connor has said multiple times that it was a mental thing they went through that year. The talent was still there. Obviously.

That's a great story to hear after the fact. I wonder if he would've told that story had his team lost in the Regional of in the Super Regional to 1-seed UCLA.

But because of sheer luck the dominoes fell his way.

Advertisement
That Virginia team was far from one of their worst teams. They went through some early turmoil, then obviously put it all together just like they did the year before.

Or they obviously got super lucky. See, this is where your dishonesty comes into full view.

You claim that the 2015 and 2016 Miami teams were lucky (when they really weren't) but then turn around and attribute "putting it all together" to explain Virginia's success in 2015.

This was their road to Omaha. They were sent to the Lake Elsinore Regional (which is over 160 miles away from the host school). So they played in an effective neutral site Regional.

# 2 Southern California
# 4 San Diego State
# 2 Southern California

They missed the # 1 seed in that Regional.

Then the # 1 seed they were paired with (the # 1 national seed!) lost to 3-seed Maryland. This allowed them to host a Super Regional.

# 3 Maryland
# 3 Maryland

So the team that went 15-15 in the "weak" ACC and was a 3-seed in the NCAA Tournament missed the 1-seed in their Regional and the 1-seed in the Regional paired with them. Then they got to host a Super Regional.

If this was Miami is there any doubt what Jagr's angle would have been?

But since it was Virginia they "put it all together" and won it.

When Miami got lucky we showed up in Omaha and peed ourselves. When Virginia "got lucky" they won the whole thing. One thing though: Virginia beat a higher seed twice in their regional. Something we have not done in well over a decade. You know, because we "play to our seed" like a good predictable Miami squad.

South Carolina - did you look to see if Jim Morris had a stretch where he didn't go to Omaha?
Vanderbilt - they are not in the midst of down years.

South Carolina didn't reach Omaha between 2004 and 2010 and then hasn't reached it since 2012.

So in 14 seasons they've only been there three times.

Brian O-Connor has said multiple times that it was a mental thing they went through that year. The talent was still there. Obviously.

That's a great story to hear after the fact. I wonder if he would've told that story had his team lost in the Regional of in the Super Regional to 1-seed UCLA.

But because of sheer luck the dominoes fell his way.

He gets to tell that story because he doesn't accept "playing to his seed".

Advertisement
South Carolina - did you look to see if Jim Morris had a stretch where he didn't go to Omaha?
Vanderbilt - they are not in the midst of down years.

South Carolina didn't reach Omaha between 2004 and 2010 and then hasn't reached it since 2012.

So in 14 seasons they've only been there three times.

And we've been there twice in nine years, with woeful results. What exactly is the argument?

So even though you established the context of "best team" being based on regular season records, you're now going to debate the use of "best team" when I use regular season records.

No, again, I was correcting you.

You were very careful to say regular season earlier. I was keeping you to that standard.

Advertisement
Back