Proof and specifics of our improvement

Didn’t happen with Diaz.

Rick won 9 and 10 games in years 1-2

Golden incrementally improved in wins at first (6-7-9) so they didn’t have to resort to moral victories.

Things are so good within the program that players are fighting each other, the offense won’t pick up their QB off the turf, and spreadsheets and explayers wishing fans commit suicide is an improvement from 2022…

Clearly some folks got into the spiked cider ahead of schedule…

Advertisement
I love you, brother. I can agree with this.

Mario as a game day coach, specifically that GT loss has really hurt this team, despite being competitive despite that outcome.

He has areas on the team to improve. The OC has to massively improve this off-season. Not all on him as the QB play was putrid but he can do better. A lot of what he says and talks about in terms of being successful ask a lot of players to be pin point spot on in terms of making perfect passes, always running perfect routes, etc.

He needs to scheme players like Brashard Smith wayyyy better. Same for the tight ends.

I do see a massive improvement in terms of competitiveness and talented players in many spots.

But Mario is paid to win games. And two of those victories in overtime, that style of play and success is not sustainable. Imagine losing those two games?

I am expecting a massive jump next year. It has to happen. This can’t be a 6 year rebuild. None of us should accept that.
if we aren't winning double digit games next year, I never wanna see a pro Mario post again. this isnt some 90 year rebuild that fat ******* sold you guys.

Defending Mario be like...

Walking Falling GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Lmfao!!!!

You are arguing we are better.

I then said yes we are better in the same way ******* a 250 pound chick is better than 300.

Do you see yet????

Your argument is the same as the guy getting the 250 over the full 300. Its better but it still sucks. Youre still gonna need flour to hit the wet spot.
But wait a 250lb chick is way better than a 300lb chick. Don’t joke about that

This is only considered improvement because last year was all time bad for us lol of course there’s gonna be improvement for that **** but 8-3 to 7-5 winning 6 out of last 7 right before mario got here to 5-7 worst **** ever and now this is a regression

Like yea mario cleaned up ****tin on himself last year cool lol lets start winning more and then that’s improvement

Advertisement
I don't care if the self-loathing Miami haters want to complain about only six wins this year, against five wins last year.

I collated all our 2022 and 2023 games from largest victory to worst defeat, and I put them side-by-side.

Here it is.

1. More wins
2. More wins at home
3. No blowouts by more than 2 TDs in 2023 (like, NONE)
4. More competitive games against ranked teams
5. 11 point swing in average margin across all games

View attachment 267164
Yes, we lost a lot of games this season (that we should have won) by a closer margin. The bar was set so ******* low last year that minimal improvement by losing close games is still massively underachieving. If the mentality around here is that finishing at the bottom of a very mediocre conference is acceptable, we are in more trouble than I thought.

Look, I’m not looking to get into a fight with anyone here, but if we are going to hang our hat on 2023 being an improvement from 2022…. That’s fine, no argument at a high level

But you’ve gotta account for how god awful 2022 was and the fact that the bar was set so incredibly low

We are 2 years into Mario’s tenure and he’s got more skeptics than believers

Advertisement
Look, I’m not looking to get into a fight with anyone here, but if we are going to hang our hat on 2023 being an improvement from 2022…. That’s fine, no argument at a high level

But you’ve gotta account for how god awful 2022 was and the fact that the bar was set so incredibly low

We are 2 years into Mario’s tenure and he’s got more skeptics than believers
I don't understand why we have to keep pretending losing close is a stepping stone. We are going to have a very different looking team next year so these experiences aren't helpful to the portal players or freshmen we bring in.

Things are so good within the program that players are fighting each other, the offense won’t pick up their QB off the turf, and spreadsheets and explayers wishing fans commit suicide is an improvement from 2022…

Clearly some folks got into the spiked cider ahead of schedule…
this-is-real-michael-scott.gif

Advertisement
The number of nationally embarrassing moments did indeed drop this year. Congrats to Mario.

We all would be pretty happy with this season if our coach didn't **** his pants in an obvious end of game scenario and our QB didn't quite literally turn into a pumpkin at midnight as the worst starting QB in the Power 5 over the middle half of the season. We'd be looking at a (seriously) 8-3 team going into the season finale at BC. Not making the ACCCG, but tangible, real improvement that doesn't need to point out the minutiae of improvement, as it'd be obvious.

Instead, he did **** is pants and our QB played the worst football of his life (while injured) and we're trying to nickel and dime improvement points. Sucks. But this is where we're at as a program looking down the barrel of a 6-6 season. Improvement? Absolutely. No bowl game to bowl game is improvement. But, still, those are some pretty ****** results.

Hope we get the QB position figured out in the offseason...do well in the portal (we usually do)...and Mario doesn't step on his **** in a nationally embarrassing way in 2024 and we'll likely be better again - maybe a little, hopefully significantly. Its possible for the latter. I don't think Mario is a bum coach...we'll eventually win under him...just not sure how much or if it'll be enough. Doubtful outcomes are positive on either of those right now. You know you're getting some clunkers ever year, even when his team is humming.

Also, got to continue to shed whats left of the Manny Diaz players. Some of these guys are good soldiers, so I won't hate all that much...but ya know, they can go. Also, idk what Mario needs to do, but he needs to tighten up the discipline. Enough the penalties and sloppy play. That **** is embarrassing.

I don't truly believe there is a Cane fan out there, whose been critical of the results thus far, that truly and genuinely does not want Mario to make them eat a huge plate of crow.

I can't speak for posters on message boards cause opps everywhere, fans though? Nah. We want that plate and to be honest, we're upset we even had to come to the point of getting hungry enough for crow 🤷🏿‍♂️

I've spent thousands of dollars traveling to see this team and guess what? Every game I've been to has been is a loss. I haven't picked a winner yet I got bad luck, and imma keep paying too cause I'm deranged 😩.

What's not gone happen is.. No one is going too make me feel bad for venting frustrations on a message board(and telling a few jokes in the meantime 😂) cause we got to laugh to keep from crying round this mf.

I get it though. Some people don't respond well to high levels of skepticism for things they have a strong emotional/Hopeful attachment too.

I appreciate the dynamic of opposing view points. It's what makes message boards great. I just don't see the need for yall take **** so personal, baby.

Biggie Smalls GIF

Advertisement
Yes, we lost a lot of games this season (that we should have won) by a closer margin. The bar was set so ******* low last year that minimal improvement by losing close games is still massively underachieving. If the mentality around here is that finishing at the bottom of a very mediocre conference is acceptable, we are in more trouble than I thought.
this is the standard now with Mario but it wasn't the standard when we hired Manny richt golden randy. Mario just gets a pass bc hes a fan favorite

I don't care if the self-loathing Miami haters want to complain about only six wins this year, against five wins last year.

I collated all our 2022 and 2023 games from largest victory to worst defeat, and I put them side-by-side.

Here it is.

1. More wins
2. More wins at home
3. No blowouts by more than 2 TDs in 2023 (like, NONE)
4. More competitive games against ranked teams
5. 11 point swing in average margin across all games

View attachment 267164
Lol. Yay. We improved off one of our worst seasons in five decades.

Now compare this season to Manny's last.

I don't truly believe there is a Cane fan out there, whose been critical of the results thus far, that truly and genuinely does not want Mario to make them eat a huge plate of crow.

I can't speak for posters on message boards cause opps everywhere, fans though? Nah. We want that plate and to be honest, we're upset we even had to come to the point of getting hungry enough for crow 🤷🏿‍♂️

I've spent thousands of dollars traveling to see this team and guess what? Every game I've been to has been is a loss. I haven't picked a winner yet I got bad luck, and imma keep paying too cause I'm deranged 😩.

What's not gone happen is.. No one is going too make me feel bad for venting frustrations on a message board(and telling a few jokes in the meantime 😂) cause we got to laugh to keep from crying round this mf.

I get it though. Some people don't respond well to high levels of skepticism for things they have a strong emotional/Hopeful attachment too.

I appreciate the dynamic of opposing view points. It's what makes message boards great. I just don't see the need for yall take **** so personal, baby.

Biggie Smalls GIF
black-white.gif

Advertisement
Back