Advertisement
Zion probably slides to RT for 2021.

2021 OL:
RT - Zion
RG - Rivers
C - Gaynor
LG - Clarke/Traore
LT - Campbell

Alot of experience on that line next year. OL need to be grown men, and this line gets us there.

Anybody heard anything about El-Gammal? Big dude, but I never hear him mentioned.
Zion not sliding over to RT if he keeps playing the way he did vs FSU.

Zion probably slides to RT for 2021.

2021 OL:
RT - Zion
RG - Rivers
C - Gaynor
LG - Clarke/Traore
LT - Campbell

Alot of experience on that line next year. OL need to be grown men, and this line gets us there.

Anybody heard anything about El-Gammal? Big dude, but I never hear him mentioned.

That depends on Rivers, imo. Coaches like him at RT. Then, we have to see what shape McDonaldson comes back in. If he comes back in shape, he is absolutely at play at LG. Oh and please come back, Scaife.

Sam and Mccloud need most of the snaps. Then I’d roll with steed or try cave even though he’s undersized.
TAC needs some burn. He's fast and relentess. Jennings needs to hang it up. He's slow as a pavers leading to the backyard. We need to find speed and then some more speed at linebacker.

Advertisement
We just need someone coaching that LB position that knows what he's doing. Similar to the O line someone who focus on the little things that makes a good backer.

It appears the main LB instruction is to blitz as soon as your guy stays in the backfield to block.

I swear i saw one play where both LBs and the Striker all did that at the same time. I've seen 2 guys routinely do it.....which is why underneath and middle routes have gotten us the last few years. We just ignore the LB drop on many occasions.

Jennings offers something. It is the lure of his little brother. I may be waaaay off base on this but he is getting PT to sway his brother. Just my opinion. This absolutely does happen in recruiting.

So we're taking 5 LBs now?

If he wanted to play here, he'd already be committed. His brother's playing time has nothing to do with it.

TAC needs some burn. He's fast and relentess. Jennings needs to hang it up. He's slow as a pavers leading to the backyard. We need to find speed and then some more speed at linebacker.
What I say bout them young bouls from the Philly area.... 💪🏿and hungry! Philly area love Miami, a lot of ppl on the NE love Miami,, ask @Dwinstitles. TAC will he a stud here.

Advertisement
Miami’s strength has always being in numbers. Even though they lack in size they will have multiple guys attacking the ball carrier because of their speed and ability to get to the ball.

If we’re getting good play from our DTs playing faster and smaller could benefit us in this game.
Perfect example ND game tries to power run all over us and the speed of our d was too quick. Doubt that happens with Clemson. But I’ll say it again THE KEY TO THIS GAME IS STOPING TRAVIS MOTHER ******* ETTIENE

It appears the main LB instruction is to blitz as soon as your guy stays in the backfield to block.

I swear i saw one play where both LBs and the Striker all did that at the same time. I've seen 2 guys routinely do it.....which is why underneath and middle routes have gotten us the last few years. We just ignore the LB drop on many occasions.
Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Play the pass so no one slips out and our Dline is good enough to get there. I hate seeing that

Would love to see the rest of the grades if someone can share

LB (last number is snap count) :

Screenshot_20201002-100045_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Bring Michael Barrow back man. He’s itching to get back here. But I guarantee it’s more important to control the assistants on defense then putting the best product forward.

Advertisement
You gotta choose your poison sometimes. You can always bring one safety down and have one deep to make up for the size. The pass is what scares me and all the misdirection , not getting mashed off tackle. Speed going side yo side could be an issue.
Bingo. I hope everyone knows that’s what we have done with our CBs. I can’t recall a year where he have essentially kept 2 safeties deep in order to allow the Corners to work 0-15 yards. From zone to press, we realized they were a liability and adjusted. Thank goodness for a rangy ballhawk like Bolden who covers a **** ton on ground. So yes, pick your poison and cover the stintch where ever it is.

Advertisement
This thread is great.

Canes fan: "Zion struggled last year because he was forced into action too early. He should have redshirted and they should have played a more experienced guy at tackle."

Also Canes fan: "We need to get the freshmen linebackers on the field as fast as possible whether they're ready or not".
Dont agree with this here. These are 2 separate situations. The Zion deal we developed that opinion because he was thrown to the wolves with a meat necklace on. We watched that painfully and knew it was unfair for him. The LB situation we are speaking on the opposite. Watching a player(s) that does not fit our scheme consistently getting beat while more athletic players, with their own set of flaws, sit on the bench.
Apples and Oranges here my friend.

Dont agree with this here. These are 2 separate situations. The Zion deal we developed that opinion because he was thrown to the wolves with a meat necklace on. We watched that painfully and knew it was unfair for him. The LB situation we are speaking on the opposite. Watching a player(s) that does not fit our scheme consistently getting beat while more athletic players, with their own set of flaws, sit on the bench.
Apples and Oranges here my friend.
If Kaileon Herbert was starting at tackle and getting beat like a drum last year, you’d be calling for the “more athletic” Zion Nelson to start. It’s “backup quarterback syndrome” where fans immediately assume the backup player is better than the starter because the starter isn’t good.
I have no doubt that there’s a linebacker on the roster with higher upside than Jennings but I’m not at practice so I don’t know exactly why nobody can beat him out. It’s really on the poor linebacker recruiting that we had for a couple years. The only upper class men at linebacker are a guy who should have graduated last year and a guy who shouldn’t be in the field. After those two we have a true sophomore who didn’t play the position in high school, another second year guy who enrolled late and is way behind everyone else and some true freshmen. I’m more upset at the coaches for the lack of depth than I am for them not playing unprepared young guys.

This is common when you play man coverage or assign a spy. If your man is the running back and he stays in to block, your responsibility is to rush the passer. Same if you’re a spy. If the quarterback stays in the pocket, you’re to rush the passer. I agree they need to play more zone

Advertisement
Back