Pro football focus

Zion has the highest grade of the ol and one of the best OT grades in acc. Fifty three pass plays,zero pressures. Props to the kid, Shame on some of y’all for how you ridiculed a kid being thrown in a position he had no place being in.

Jennings continues to struggle especially against the pass. Against FSU he was in the 38 range which is atrocious and 34 against pass. He gave up three catches for forty yards. Which brings me to the point of the thread , lb play. The staff has to figure something out especially with pass defense , Jennings can’t keep getting this much burn. Brooks has to play or maybe cave. There has to be an answer. Clemson will pick on these guys in coverage.

I know pff has flaws but both of these players film match up with their rankings and it’s obvious.
But, but, but the experts here had Zion redshirting this year.

Advertisement
was hopping he progressed through the season, gets stronger and see the field more for the last couple of games

Possible. Lb is the heart of this defense , instincts and smarts are very important. Especially at Mike. That’s why mccloud at Mike and brooks outside is best fit.

Against Clemson I’d like to see more of Frierson and smith together on the field.

If some underclass players have more talent at the linebacker's position play them. I remember by the name of ray Lewis, he was a freshman.

Advertisement
If some underclass players have more talent at the linebacker's position play them. I remember by the name of ray Lewis, he was a freshman.

That’s the problem , we don’t have kids physically or mentally ready, it’s one or the other. Cave might have the best shot, he popped on film a couple times in mop up duty. He’s just not there physically.

Do we keep him at left tackle next year or I. Walker

Zion, not even close IMO. Actually, I think Walker will be playing guard. Has a very similar frame to DJ Scaife. If our guards are pulling a lot, I'm at least looking at Walker with his athleticism.

Advertisement
People seem to think that having talent and speed is enough to just throw somebody out there, without realizing they have things to learn before they can be usable. Otherwise, you get the guy with the talent and the speed getting burned worse than the guy he replaced
A certain poster that would remain nameless has been saying this for years.

Advertisement
This is why Jennings being hurt and not playing is hurting him now. He has the speed and power for the position but he doesn’t have the instincts or play recognition. When he’s a step late it causes his miscues. I’m not ready to give up on him

This is why Jennings being hurt and not playing is hurting him now. He has the speed and power for the position but he doesn’t have the instincts or play recognition. When he’s a step late it causes his miscues. I’m not ready to give up on him
Gotta disagree bro. Jennings is slow, unless he’s filling a gap on a blitz it looks like he’s always a step slow. Last year I said Shaq and Pinck were my boys - but they were slow too. Great in the run because of their instinct and quick play recognition. LB is my favorite position in football because you need mental fortitude, speed, and strength to play it. And the Canes need more speed at that position.

Advertisement
The O-line is playing confident as a group, making progress. The next game will be a battle but can make them stronger still as a unit - now that they've kind of settled on the starting/ rotation its time to grow, and ready or not, time for a test.

They need Jennings because Brooks will not hold up playing entire games. But I suspect they will be 50-50 against Clemson. FSU was a good Jennings game because they don't throw the ball all that well so we can just focus on their run game and dominate them once behind the sticks. Jennings doesn't have the athleticism to play against Clemson. Brooks will definitely get lost at times against them but they will need his speed.

Clemson will wreak havoc on these linebackers. Our only hope from a defensive standpoint is to put up points and hope that the DL dominates. If not the back seven will not hold up against their diversity and a savvy quarterback.

Lol the people who thought Zion and Clark wouldn’t get better know very little about the game of football.
There is difference between wouldn't and couldn't. I will warn you all FSU UofL and UAB are not strong defensive units. if he is still highest graded OL after Clemson I'll pay for the banner myself and take a 24 minute ban. @RVACane 👀

Advertisement
Back