Pro football focus

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Zion has the highest grade of the ol and one of the best OT grades in acc. Fifty three pass plays,zero pressures. Props to the kid, Shame on some of y’all for how you ridiculed a kid being thrown in a position he had no place being in.

Jennings continues to struggle especially against the pass. Against FSU he was in the 38 range which is atrocious and 34 against pass. He gave up three catches for forty yards. Which brings me to the point of the thread , lb play. The staff has to figure something out especially with pass defense , Jennings can’t keep getting this much burn. Brooks has to play or maybe cave. There has to be an answer. Clemson will pick on these guys in coverage.

I know pff has flaws but both of these players film match up with their rankings and it’s obvious.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah. The LB play is bad. Missing Shaq and Pinckney there more than expected.

They gotta get that eye discipline coached up ASAP or rotate some guys in to see what they do when their number is called.

I’ve been saying this since the first drive of the UAB game. Jennings offers nothing to this defense other than an occasional big hit. Mcloud’s not much better. We’ve been lucky so far. If we don’t make a change, we will not be so lucky vs Clemson.

Advertisement
Zion has the highest grade of the ol and one of the best OT grades in acc. Fifty three pass plays,zero pressures. Props to the kid, Shame on some of y’all for how you ridiculed a kid being thrown in a position he had no place being in.

Jennings continues to struggle especially against the pass. Against FSU he was in the 38 range which is atrocious and 34 against pass. He gave up three catches for forty yards. Which brings me to the point of the thread , lb play. The staff has to figure something out especially with pass defense , Jennings can’t keep getting this much burn. Brooks has to play or maybe cage. There has to be an answer. Clemson will pick on these guys in coverage.

I know pff has flaws but both of these players film match up with their rankings and it’s obvious.

People were telling me just weeks ago that Zion should never put on Miami uniform again, that there was no hope for him improving. They were seriously adamant about it.

Nobody took into consideration that he was a true freshman, in the hardest position to play as a true freshman, who had been asked to put on a shlt ton of weight, most of it bad.

Now, one year later, with a full season of strength, conditioning, and nutrition, his underlying talent is showing. I’m not saying he’s going to be an All-American, but he certainly will at least be a very serviceable offensive lineman. Much more than many on here were projecting him to be.

I’ve been saying this since the first drive of the UAB game. Jennings offers nothing to this defense other than an occasional big hit. Mcloud’s not much better. We’ve been lucky so far. If we don’t make a change, we will not be so lucky vs Clemson.

Mccloud played really well against UL, big boy football on his part. Mccloud is a lot better than Jennings , especially the last couple games. Which isn’t a huge compliment.

Advertisement
Unleash Brook and Huff will be getting there as he gets stronger perhaps by the end of the season.

McCloud is not getting benched ...

Was mocked on here countless times as a fool by the multitude of OL coaches who grace this site, every time I said giving up on Zion already would be ridiculous.

Very happy to see that kid starting to shine after being put in a practically impossible to succeed position early on.

He'll end up being a good one for us long term here.

Jennings continues to struggle especially against the pass. Against FSU he was in the 38 range which is atrocious and 34 against pass. He gave up three catches for forty yards. Which brings me to the point of the thread , lb play. The staff has to figure something out especially with pass defense , Jennings can’t keep getting this much burn. Brooks has to play or maybe cage. There has to be an answer. Clemson will pick on these guys in coverage.

Sorry, who is Cage? Agree with your take. 2 LBs are an absolute weakness and so are our DBs. Clemson will be messing with us in the middle of the field (crossers, etc). We're stuck because we have to play either Jennings or Steed along with McCloud. Yeah, Brooks will play but 1 of Jennings/Steed will play to help defend Clemon's power game. If we line up Brooks and McCloud, oof. That's a tough feat.

Advertisement

regarding Zion, he went against Griffin though this weekend, and he bad, I want Zion to get better and he played awesome, just playin devil’s advocate

Sorry, who is Cage? Agree with your take. 2 LBs are an absolute weakness and so are our DBs. Clemson will be messing with us in the middle of the field (crossers, etc). We're stuck because we have to play either Jennings or Steed along with McCloud. Yeah, Brooks will play but 1 of Jennings/Steed will play to help defend Clemon's power game. If we line up Brooks and McCloud, oof. That's a tough feat.
Cave

Advertisement
McCloud in the middle spot the rest of this year. But to be honest bigger question is who is the middle backer in 2021, can Brooks play middle at about 225lbs or so

Advertisement
Back