Pro Day is today

He's there looking at Artie, that would be a good place for him to go

Steelers could use any DB with an actual heartbeat so I would agree.

True.. But I doubt they take a DB in the 1st rd,thats not the Steelers draft history.
2nd Rd No Doubt If AB is there which i doubt.

Advertisement
Have no idea what to say if Howard indeed ran a 4.4 and had a VJ of 36'. Wow.

Scouts around this time of year have a way of downplaying players they dont want the word to get out on. Burns is shooting up draft charts by the big networks. Mayock has him as the #3 CB on his board. Now all of a sudden, the "word on the street" is that his film is horrible. Lol. Hmmmm..coincidence I think not. Thats some bum scout who was hoping that his team could get Burns in the "bargain bin" of the 3rd round or late 2nd and is trying to throw water on the buzz.

Tracy howard said teams had him in the 4.4s range in the 40 and had a 36 inch vert. Bush said they had him in the 4.4s and waters too. Waters dropped weight and was at 188.

Anything in the 4.4 range is huge for Deon...doesn't really matter with Tracy though. They know what an athlete he is but his tape is horrendous and he lacks production

Same thing is being said about burns as far as horrible game film.
no, he doesn't have horrible film, he has average film...if he had horrible film he would've been a 5-6 round pick because he's still productive. Where does you guys keep getting that scouts think he has horrible film???

Bruh just because he had 6 picks doesn't mean he has great film. A dude from pro football focus was just saying on twitter today that burns film was horrible and he wouldn't take him in the first 2 rounds.

Other people has said his film was bad as well and basically everything with burns is about his size, athleticism, and possible potential.
how do you get great film out of average film?? Btw are you seriously taking a journalists opinion over scouts?? WOW..

Scouts around this time of year have a way of downplaying players they dont want the word to get out on. Burns is shooting up draft charts by the big networks. Mayock has him as the #3 CB on his board. Now all of a sudden, the "word on the street" is that his film is horrible. Lol. Hmmmm..coincidence I think not. Thats some bum scout who was hoping that his team could get Burns in the "bargain bin" of the 3rd round or late 2nd and is trying to throw water on the buzz.

People have been saying that about burns from the get go. The thing is people love his size, athleticism, and ball skills. Many feel that he is a good dude and a hard worker and teams are more willing to take a chance on guys like that.

Many believe if they can coach him up as far as mechanics are concerned he can be very good.

It's all about potential with burns. It all depends on which team likes that potential enough to take him first or second round.

Something tells me Tracy will get drafted....he didn't have alot of Tape, but they never threw his way alot either....I think he is a product of bad coaching I.E. (Sam Shields)..... i just think he focused on speed this entire off season so far..its noy his ability, its just his speed being questioned....

Advertisement
Anything in the 4.4 range is huge for Deon...doesn't really matter with Tracy though. They know what an athlete he is but his tape is horrendous and he lacks production

Same thing is being said about burns as far as horrible game film.
no, he doesn't have horrible film, he has average film...if he had horrible film he would've been a 5-6 round pick because he's still productive. Where does you guys keep getting that scouts think he has horrible film???

Bruh just because he had 6 picks doesn't mean he has great film. A dude from pro football focus was just saying on twitter today that burns film was horrible and he wouldn't take him in the first 2 rounds.

Other people has said his film was bad as well and basically everything with burns is about his size, athleticism, and possible potential.
how do you get great film out of average film?? Btw are you seriously taking a journalists opinion over scouts?? WOW..

Pro football focus is legit. Those guys watch tons of film on NFL and college players and track everything. Some scouts have said his film is average and some have said it's bad. One site had burns as a 4th round pick based off what scouts said about his film.

Like I said it's all about potential with burns and that's what teams are looking at with him.

Tracy howard said teams had him in the 4.4s range in the 40 and had a 36 inch vert. Bush said they had him in the 4.4s and waters too. Waters dropped weight and was at 188.

Anything in the 4.4 range would be a colossal boost for Tracy Howard considering the only big knock on his all along has been his speed. He's a good smart sound player. Most people thought he would be a 4.65 type guy.

I highly doubt he ran in the 4.4's based on what we've seen of his foot speed. If he did, then that's another huge indictment of Swasey and Folden.

the saints had howard at 4.44 according to their watch.

Is Flubberneck Beamer a scout for New Orleans these days?

People have been saying that about burns from the get go. The thing is people love his size, athleticism, and ball skills. Many feel that he is a good dude and a hard worker and teams are more willing to take a chance on guys like that.

Many believe if they can coach him up as far as mechanics are concerned he can be very good.

It's all about potential with burns. It all depends on which team likes that potential enough to take him first or second round.

I will just say this and I said this about Gunter two years ago when people were on the fence about him. I could not remember a game where I left the stadium or turned the TV off and said, "Man, Gunter really embarassed himself out there today." Even when he went head to head against KBenjamin he held his own. That goes along way with me when it comes to DBs. Now he is in the Packers secondary rotation and could be the next "Sam Shields" for them.

I say the same about Burns last year. Cant remember a game where I said, "Man Burns really hurt his stock today. He had a bad outing."...We all remember Brandon Harris getting embarassed by Michael Floyd in the ND game his last year here. We remember Tracy and Deon having some really bad games last year. **** Deon had a really bad game against FSU last year and it was noticeably bad.

I will be glad to say that I was wrong but I cant say the same about Burns last year. Now his freshmen and sophomore tape werent very good im sure. But his JR film? Lets remember the supposed best CB on the board and a lock to be a top 5 got schooled by our own Rashawn Scott last year and Scott prob wont even be drafted.

Burns to me will be a last first rounder- early 2nd rounder when its all said and done. People at this point are just trying to talk themselves out of it because they cant keep their eyes off his measurables.

Advertisement

I will just say this and I said this about Gunter two years ago when people were on the fence about him. I could not remember a game where I left the stadium or turned the TV off and said, "Man, Gunter really embarassed himself out there today." Even when he went head to head against KBenjamin he held his own. That goes along way with me when it comes to DBs. Now he is in the Packers secondary rotation and could be the next "Sam Shields" for them.

I say the same about Burns last year. Cant remember a game where I said, "Man Burns really hurt his stock today. He had a bad outing."...We all remember Brandon Harris getting embarassed by Michael Floyd in the ND game his last year here. We remember Tracy and Deon having some really bad games last year. **** Deon had a really bad game against FSU last year and it was noticeably bad.

I will be glad to say that I was wrong but I cant say the same about Burns last year. Now his freshmen and sophomore tape werent very good im sure. But his JR film? Lets remember the supposed best CB on the board and a lock to be a top 5 got schooled by our own Rashawn Scott last year and Scott prob wont even be drafted.

Burns to me will be a last first rounder- early 2nd rounder when its all said and done. People at this point are just trying to talk themselves out of it because they cant keep their eyes off his measurables.

Ramsey didn't get schooled by scott. Scott caught one pass and turned it to a long TD. Take that one play away and what would scott numbers look like in that game?

When you are playing man you are going to give up plays every now and then.

Burns didn't have one just ****** game, but he did have quite a few bad moments on film. Like early in the Clemson game when he got drug by charone peak.

Why can't they just build a roof over the existing turf field? Does this seem that hard to do?

Not sure if serious...

I'm not an architect. So I'm ignorant to this topic. Hence, why i asked. If you're being a smart *** internet poster, go Fck yourself.
lol
I love this place...

Ay, I'm not afraid to admit when I don't know ****. I really had no clue. I guess I should never ask questions.

Advertisement
I find it hard to believe that Howard ran in the 4.4s but if he did great for him. That'll push his draft stock up a round or two. I don't know where he was before, but if he was looking at UFA he can sneak into the 6th round now.

I was seeing Bush in UFA territory as well (which I didn't understand) but his explosive numbers should push him into the 5th round or higher IMO.

Advertisement
Ed Reed stayed til the end and talked with CMR. It'd be cool for Burns to go to Buffalo and be with Ed as he's an assistant db coach

Advertisement
Back