Pro Canes - 2021

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
“I thought DeeJay Dallas played a terrific game,” Carroll said. “We are really impressed with what he’s doing.”

Through two preseason games, Dallas has been Seattle’s most explosive player with the ball in his hands — and off of them. Last weekend he took a pass in the flat, made one defender miss and ran for a 43-yard touchdown reception for the team’s only score in Las Vegas.

He’s making a strong push to unseat injured Homer. In the third quarter Saturday he broke through the middle of Denver’s line to partially block a punt by Sam Martin.

“First time,” Dallas said of blocking a punt.

His grin was as wide as a his month’s been great.

“Shoot!” Dallas said. “I’m having fun, bro. ...

“Wearing one of the best numbers in franchise history, I’m blessed.

DeeJay Dallas, RB, Seattle Seahawks​

2 OF 6

1. 14fa0409f562213c504444bbf60bdfcd_crop_exact.jpg

Rick Scuteri/Associated Press
    Considering starter Chris Carson's dominance and the 2018 first-round investment in Rashaad Penny, the Seattle Seahawks turned some heads by selecting running back DeeJay Dallas in the fourth round of the 2020 draft.
    But Dallas has started to prove his team prescient.
    After getting just 34 carries and 20 targets as a rookie over 12 appearances (scoring three times), Dallas used Week 1 of the preseason against the Las Vegas Raiders to turn five carries into 24 yards (4.8 average). He also led the team in receiving with two catches for 45 yards, with one of those going for a 43-yard score.
    In short, Dallas seemed to confirm Michael-Shawn Duggar of The Athletic's notion that he could lock up the primary third-down role behind Carson, fending off not only Penny, but the likes of Alex Collins. If his first preseason contest is any indication, he'll outstrip his fourth-round status.

DeeJay made Bleacher Reports top 6 breakout candidates based on the preseason 👀 I’m gonna be keeping a close eye on him and KJ this year, expecting quality playing time and production from both

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s good to see rayshawn jenkins has become one of the better safeties in the game within the last few years . Crown me, I said He was the best safety we had when he played here

Advertisement
Back