Priority safety target Isaiah Thomas commits to Canes

Advertisement
Miami made its second addition to the ‘24 secondary class with a commitment from Clearwater (FL) International standout Isaiah Thomas. Thomas is a Toronto native and, like his lead recruiter Coach Addae, his roots are in Ghana. He brings size (6’2, 197) and speed (4.63) to the safety position, where he thrives in the box.

Thomas was poised for a breakout junior year before tearing his ACL early in the season. Despite his injury, he has since picked up offers from Miami, Florida, Florida State and Auburn.

As I noted in the February 10th edition of the Bank, Thomas has been a top priority of this staff for a long time.

Advertisement
Most of you folks in here are youngins…But I’m old enough to remember the great basketball player by the same name. Dude was an incredible little point guard for the Celtics /s.
Nice!
Forced me to think tonight.
Lol.

Advertisement
from Ghana!!

He's our Azumah Nelson!!

was my favorite welterweight of the late 90s
I saw those Nelson-Fenech fights as a kid. I knew Jeff years ago. Speaking of Ike’s, remember Ike Ibeabuchi? I was certain he was destined for titles.

I saw those Nelson-Fenech fights as a kid. I knew Jeff years ago. Speaking of Ike’s, remember Ike Ibeabuchi? I was certain he was destined for titles.
David Tua hit him so hard, he literally got brain damage and went crazy.

Advertisement
David Tua hit him so hard, he literally got brain damage and went crazy.
I’ve met Tua too. I knew his trainer, Kevin Barry, many years ago as well. Tua was not that tall (was he even 6’) for a heavyweight but like twice my width. Lol

I’ve met Tua too. I knew his trainer, Kevin Barry, many years ago as well. Tua was not that tall (was he even 6’) for a heavyweight but like twice my width. Lol
Back in the late 90's-early 2000's, before digital cable, we had one of those descrambler boxes that got free pay per view at our house in Orlando. My roommates and I got really into boxing back then because we had all the fights. Tua was probably my favorite heavyweight of that era. He was only 5'10" so he couldn't fight from the safety of distance like Lennox Lewis. He had to get inside and bang.

The welterweight division was unreal with guys like Tito Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoya in their primes with guys like Fernando Vargas and Shane Mosely working their way up the weight classes. There were so many good fights then.

Seems the strategy is land some underrated kids now who will probably be loyal and then chase the big fish who won’t commit now

Advertisement
Back in the late 90's-early 2000's, before digital cable, we had one of those descrambler boxes that got free pay per view at our house in Orlando. My roommates and I got really into boxing back then because we had all the fights. Tua was probably my favorite heavyweight of that era. He was only 5'10" so he couldn't fight from the safety of distance like Lennox Lewis. He had to get inside and bang.

The welterweight division was unreal with guys like Tito Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoya in their primes with guys like Fernando Vargas and Shane Mosely working their way up the weight classes. There were so many good fights then.
I was at every one of those Welterweight fights. That was the best time since Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Leonard…

Strategy is land some underrated kids
Bad boys are back.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back