Priority safety target Isaiah Thomas commits to Canes

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement

It was his first time participating fully since injuring his knee, and really one of the first times being a part of his team’s defense considering a lack of practice. Still, Thomas, who lists himself at 6-foot-2, 200-pounds (which we wouldn’t push back on) lined up at multiple spots on the defense in limited reps. He was an outside cornerback, played high safety, in the box, and was used as a blitzer off the edge for the Knights.

The recovery process was a grind, but Thomas is emerging better for it on the other end.

As far as his pledge to the Hurricanes, his commitment is as strong as ever.

“Always. Always locked in. I talked to the staff before the game today. I talked to them while they were in their meeting. I’m still good always,” Thomas said.

There is another in-state school who has been keeping Thomas warm and that’s the Florida Gators.

“Florida sent me my official offer and they’ve been texting me a little bit but everyone knows that my commitment is closed. There’s no flipping from me,” Thomas said.

As far as how Lance Guidry and Addae plan on using Thomas this fall, James Williams is a name they focus on.

“It’s basically like the same thing as I have out here. I have complete control over where I have to be and where I need to go. They know my abilities and my brain and how I use my brain on the field and stuff like that. I think the starting position they’re going to have me as is like a James Williams role, but I’ll be able to get out more because Coach Addae says that I can cover a lot better, so I’ll be able to get out more."

Thomas is set to enroll at Miami in January.

Thomas and Frédérique are 2 three stars I view in higher regard. FSU was also in on Thomas, he is a Big 3 safety caliber.

Frédérique I really like, he is just a good football player. Good aththylete with length.
If Thomas fully recovers and stays healthy he could be a steal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back