Pretty obvious but...

Improve. Beat Cent MI. Improve again, and we shall see. Grateful for the fun show and W last night, but I personally didn't learn very much about our team vs. ACC or higher competition. Hope the guys enjoy this weekend. They earned it. Coaches need to make sure yesterday is kept in perspective.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We aren't good enough to look past anyone on our schedule. The next game is Central Michigan. Let's see how this translates to that game first.

The game in 4 weeks against UVA will 100000% determine Miami's fate in the ACC.

They are already 2-0 in the league. Miami is 0-1. If Miami loses that game, they'd need UVA to lose THREE times in the league to make it to Charlotte.

UVA's crossover games are FSU (already a W) and at Louisville (tougher than it looked in the preseason, but still will be favored to win).

Other than that they play us, home vs Duke, at UNC, home vs GT, and home vs VT. I don't see 3 losses there if they beat Miami.

So, yes, incredibly obvious....and we pretty much all assumed before the year started, but to me it's pretty much a concrete fact at this point with how the first 3 weeks have gone.....Friday night at the rock vs UVA will be a complete must-win for Miami's hopes to Charlotte. Lose that and you're at probably a 1% chance or less (yes, I'm aware VT is first, but UVA's next ACC game is vs us and they're already 2-0. VT is 0-1).
Does it even really matter?

It just makes me feel better to keep repeating it.

The kid wins I will give him that. No reason we should lose that UVA game at home. Excited to see how this all turns out.

We roll into Pitt 5 and 2 and it is ON.
You got me starting to take sips.

Advertisement
Nothing would surprise me at this point.
We could go .500 the rest of the way or 10-2.
At least their making it interesting. Gonna go next week for a probable nail biter against central Michigan. Not a bad team but we shouldn’t be worrying about those types of games at this juncture.

We beat Va Tech & UVA & the Coastal is ours.

UNC & Duke will take each other out & GTech simply isn't ready this year.

The 2 most important Coastal games we play this season will be UVA & @ Pitt.
We can't overlook anyone on our schedule. Every team will push us

Advertisement
… somebody (I won’t name names) said that they fully expect this team to be totally different offensively from week 0 (UF) to week 5 (VT) - essentially 6 weeks of the season; that the OL would get better; that the offense would get better; that the QB would get better. They also mentioned something about QB accuracy... The surprise, but not really, has been that the defense (DL, LB, DBs …) has been further off line than many would’ve guessed.

Nothing about Miami’s schedule scares me; not the teams not the away games.

I’m still as high on Miami as i was when the season began but that’s because I’m making a huge assumption. The assumption is that Manny has been humbled. The two losses of winnable games are the teachable moment for a smart-as-**** coach who forgot that a good plan has to face the chaos and randomness of execution. Coaching lost those games. Arrogance lost those games. And, I think it’s exactly what he needed to prevent it from happening again.

Manny was a great halftime DC who made great adjustments in the second half. I’m hoping that after a loss, a bye, a loss, 2 wins (presumably), and another bye that he will be ready for the “2nd half” to begin.

This is a 10-2 team (I know, not exactly earth shattering given my 12-0 prediction).

One last thing: You’ll know this is the year if Miami can score 40 or more points in at least 4 of the remaining 7 ACC games.
Manny needs to get in Baker and the defensive staffs *** the way he was doing the players yesterday

Advertisement
FSU should of beat UVA last night to be honest

They should’ve?

FSU got outgained by 85 yards, UVA had more rushing and passing yards, controlled the clock by 20 (20!!!) mins, and FSU won the turnover battle +2. UVA drove 80 yards 3 straight times on their defense in the 2nd half for TDs and wore the absolute dogpiss out of FSU, as all 3 teams they’ve played have.

FSU had ZERO business winning that football game. They got beat physically and mentally.

We beat Va Tech & UVA & the Coastal is ours.

UNC & Duke will take each other out & GTech simply isn't ready this year.

The 2 most important Coastal games we play this season will be UVA & @ Pitt.
Bingo . I still believe UM is the best team in the coastal . We outplayed UF and we should of win against UNC but it takes time to learn to win . Richt sure didnt instill so it is a process. I think we lose 1 more game this season and that will be a 10-14 pt loss to Clemson.

Advertisement
Back