Pretty obvious but...

The game in 4 weeks against UVA will 100000% determine Miami's fate in the ACC.

They are already 2-0 in the league. Miami is 0-1. If Miami loses that game, they'd need UVA to lose THREE times in the league to make it to Charlotte.

UVA's crossover games are FSU (already a W) and at Louisville (tougher than it looked in the preseason, but still will be favored to win).

Other than that they play us, home vs Duke, at UNC, home vs GT, and home vs VT. I don't see 3 losses there if they beat Miami.

So, yes, incredibly obvious....and we pretty much all assumed before the year started, but to me it's pretty much a concrete fact at this point with how the first 3 weeks have gone.....Friday night at the rock vs UVA will be a complete must-win for Miami's hopes to Charlotte. Lose that and you're at probably a 1% chance or less (yes, I'm aware VT is first, but UVA's next ACC game is vs us and they're already 2-0. VT is 0-1).

Advertisement
Advertisement
We no longer control our destiny so yet another year of ...

Officially, you're correct. However, logically, we absolutely do. The literal only thing we need to happen is UNC to lose twice (and of course we need to run the table, but that's what controlling your destiny means). UNC plays Clemson (loss) and also at VT, at Pitt, at NC State and home vs UVA and Duke. They're absolutely losing 1 of those 5 games.

So to me, we do control our destiny simply because I believe 7-1 in the Coastal will 100.0% get you to Charlotte.

Advertisement
Officially, you're correct. However, logically, we absolutely do. The literal only thing we need to happen is UNC to lose twice (and of course we need to run the table, but that's what controlling your destiny means). UNC plays Clemson (loss) and also at VT, at Pitt, at NC State and home vs UVA and Duke. They're absolutely losing 1 of those 5 games.

So to me, we do control our destiny simply because I believe 7-1 in the Coastal will 100.0% get you to Charlotte.

Didnt expect us to be 0-1 at this point in the season, so im.not betting we run the table. Of course I would love it but nothing in the past or present leads me to believe we will

Can we also talk about UVAs QB being absolute TRASH?

Y'all keep saying this (and I agree, as a passer he is trash), but he does this every week. You watch the dude play and think he's trash and then look up and he finishes the game 30/40 (75%) for 295 yards with another 46 yards rushing. If Jarren put up these numbers people on this site would say he should win the Heisman. You gotta give it to the kid, he looks like he might actually be left-handed when he's throwing the ball, and does miss some receivers BADLY, but at the end of the day he puts up great numbers and they're winning.

Advertisement
Y'all keep saying this (and I agree, as a passer he is trash), but he does this every week. You watch the dude play and think he's trash and then look up and he finishes the game 30/40 (75%) for 295 yards with another 46 yards rushing. If Jarren put up these numbers people on this site would say he should win the Heisman. You gotta give it to the kid, he looks like he might actually be left-handed when he's throwing the ball, and does miss some receivers BADLY, but at the end of the day he puts up great numbers and they're winning.

It just makes me feel better to keep repeating it.

The kid wins I will give him that. No reason we should lose that UVA game at home. Excited to see how this all turns out.

We roll into Pitt 5 and 2 and it is ON.

Jarren has put up those numbers....
And people on this site want him to split time with Perry.

Advertisement
I mean jarren is putting up those numbers except the rushing.

ACC teams Wake Forest and North Carolina schedule non-conference matchups

North Carolina and Wake Forest jointly announced Monday that they have agreed to play a non-conference football series in 2019 and 2021 with the first game in Winston-Salem.

Wait a second, you're probably thinking. Aren't North Carolina and Wake Forest in the same conference?

Indeed, they are both still members of the Atlantic Coast Conference and will presumably remain so when these games are played in 2019 and 2021. You haven't missed any major realignment news.

If we have learned anything from Coastal history, more times than not, the winner has multiple conference losses.
So yes, 7-1 gets you a ticket to the ACCCG.

Advertisement
Back