Pretty obvious but...

Advertisement
I didn't say we should or could overlook anyone.

I said if we beat Va Tech & UVA in back to back home games that puts us in the driver seat to win the Coastal.

But the most dangerous trap game in the division is @ Pitt.
Narduzzi is an overall **** coach, but he is absolutely masterful at getting his team up a couple times per year to pull upsets. He’s done it several times.

Narduzzi is an overall **** coach, but he is absolutely masterful at getting his team up a couple times per year to pull upsets. He’s done it several times.
That's The Narduzzi's whole m/o at Pitt...

They'll forever be a 6/7/8 win team, but as long as one of those wins is ruining somebody's else's season he's fulfilled his duty.

That's all he wants to do, is wait until it's an important game that your team needs to win & fck your season up lol

The game in 4 weeks against UVA will 100000% determine Miami's fate in the ACC.

They are already 2-0 in the league. Miami is 0-1. If Miami loses that game, they'd need UVA to lose THREE times in the league to make it to Charlotte.

UVA's crossover games are FSU (already a W) and at Louisville (tougher than it looked in the preseason, but still will be favored to win).

Other than that they play us, home vs Duke, at UNC, home vs GT, and home vs VT. I don't see 3 losses there if they beat Miami.

So, yes, incredibly obvious....and we pretty much all assumed before the year started, but to me it's pretty much a concrete fact at this point with how the first 3 weeks have gone.....Friday night at the rock vs UVA will be a complete must-win for Miami's hopes to Charlotte. Lose that and you're at probably a 1% chance or less (yes, I'm aware VT is first, but UVA's next ACC game is vs us and they're already 2-0. VT is 0-1).
So we wanna win the coastal to go get curb stomped by Clemson🤷🏾‍♂️

So we wanna win the coastal to go get curb stomped by Clemson🤷🏾‍♂️
When did this loser mentality permeate this “fanbase?” I’ve seen this scourge popping up on here regularly lately. They cry about not winning enough and want everyone fired but they don’t want to win enough to play in the ACCCG. LOL

Advertisement
They should’ve?

FSU got outgained by 85 yards, UVA had more rushing and passing yards, controlled the clock by 20 (20!!!) mins, and FSU won the turnover battle +2. UVA drove 80 yards 3 straight times on their defense in the 2nd half for TDs and wore the absolute dogpiss out of FSU, as all 3 teams they’ve played have.

FSU had ZERO business winning that football game. They got beat physically and mentally.

FSU should be 0-3

We’ll obviously be in the drivers seat if we beat UVA, but I think it’s pretty unlikely that we’ll win out from there even if we do win the next 4. Probably will drop a game @ Pitt or @ Duke. Then we’ll have to hope UVA loses to UNC or something and that UNC finished with 3 conference losses.

At any rate, I’m not sure it even matters that much. Just a contest to see who gets to be the sacrificial lamb to Clemson. I suppose we could get an Orange Bowl berth out of it as opposed to another trip to Camping World.

When did this loser mentality permeate this “fanbase?” I’ve seen this scourge popping up on here regularly lately. They cry about not winning enough and want everyone fired but they don’t want to win enough to play in the ACCCG. LOL

Exactly, first order of business is to consistently win our division to get an opportunity to win the conference each year. These kids need to learn to win big games and not find ways to lose or roll over the first time they get hit in the snout. We found very creative ways to lose our first two. The kids didn't quit but they made untimely mental mistakes at critical points in those loses. Week over week improvement and by the first week in December who knows?

If we lose to any ACC team going forward I would be embarrassed if we won the Coastal because it would be beyond obvious the Coastal is weaker then weak.

Advertisement

So embarrassing. No, we'd rather lose to teams we've favored to beat to avoid getting beat by big, bad Clemson. These people are legitimately brain dead.

UVA had a nice road win vs Pitt week 1.
Last year they were 0-5 on the road.

This is the ACC Coastal man. Who is to say that UVA won't lose to Georgia Tech, UNC, or Duke? I can't remember the last time there has been a dominant team in this division.

Advertisement
We lose to a ****** UNC team with 2 weeks preparation and fans think we are winning the Coastal?

Advertisement
Better concentrate on beating Central Mich and VT (hope we beat up on the Turkeys) before we start thinking about UV. Hate playing them 6 days after VT and on a Friday night at that.

Better concentrate on beating Central Mich and VT (hope we beat up on the Turkeys) before we start thinking about UV. Hate playing them 6 days after VT and on a Friday night at that.

They get a bye week before us and after ND. Hopefully, the Irish beat them up.

Advertisement
Back