Preston Dewey

Advertisement
lol @ this thread. Olsen is a walking lucky charm....kid ****es excellence. The second he steps foot on campus, our QB issues will be resolved.

Like Kyle Wright? Or Bryan Fortay?

And I guess Dewey will be a career backup... like Gino Torretta?

Let's get them both on to Greentree and let them compete. What will be will be.

lol @ this thread. Olsen is a walking lucky charm....kid ****es excellence. The second he steps foot on campus, our QB issues will be resolved.

Like Kyle Wright? Or Bryan Fortay?

And I guess Dewey will be a career backup... like Gino Torretta?

Let's get them both on to Greentree and let them compete. What will be will be.

lol @ this post, did you read what Valid wrote?

I don't understand how people know so much without having much actual knowledge. 2014 Competition PERIOD.

IMO Dewey will not be a factor at UM. Average arm at best, not athletic and only 6 feet tall. Someone will beat him out and I think he eventually transfers.

Haven't heard much about him since camp, but I saw the same post from IOU and will ask around. My first impression was a Greg McElroy-type.

So if Morris = NFL QB, and Dewey = McElroy.

I expect Dewey to be terrible based on how your predictions have gone then.

When Morris gets drafted your avatar will be changed to a tampon. Just FYI.

Advertisement
Ken Dorsey was 190 lbs when he played...granted he was tall and played behind an incredible line, but the point is a number of qb's without the ideal physical tools to play the position have excelled back there, and a lot of Miami qb's with ideal size and arm strength have failed

So one of either Crow or Thompson has to get lost once Olsen arrives. Not even Big *** Al is dumb enough to keep 6 qb's.

IMO Dewey will not be a factor at UM. Average arm at best, not athletic and only 6 feet tall. Someone will beat him out and I think he eventually transfers.

Sounds like you are describing Steve Walsh. I'd be ok with that. No reason to write Dewey off yet as a college QB just because he's not a prototypical NFL QB.

Advertisement
No compariosn to Walsh or Dorsey. Dewey is 3 inches shorter than Walsh and 5 than Dorsey. Its difficult when you are below average height, average arm and have little athleticism to be successful at this level. We need much better to win ACC championships and BCS bowls. We can do much better. If I had to compare him to a past UM QB it would be Ryan Clement.

No compariosn to Walsh or Dorsey. Dewey is 3 inches shorter than Walsh and 5 than Dorsey. Its difficult when you are below average height, average arm and have little athleticism to be successful at this level. We need much better to win ACC championships and BCS bowls. We can do much better. If I had to compare him to a past UM QB it would be Ryan Clement.

Dewey is listed at 6'2

Watch him stand next to Morris. IIRC, he is definitely shorter than Morris. I peg Dewey closed to 6/6-1.

Advertisement
How are people writing off Dewey already? He will be a RS Freshmen next year.

Nobody was talking about how Eddie Johnson during his RS year. For that matter, no one was talking about Kacy Rodgers in his RS year either.

Dewey can make some noise in his JR and SR years. He still has years to develop, and could be a 2 year starter. If he sticks it out.

Point is, too early to tell.

Dewey is listed at 6'2

Watch him stand next to Morris. IIRC, he is definitely shorter than Morris. I peg Dewey closed to 6/6-1.

Stood next to both and they are about the same height. If anything I'd say Morris was the one closer to 6'1.

If Dewey turns out to be a McElroy or McCarron type game manager, that isn't an athletic specimen but can make all the throws to the RIGHT read, then I am all for the dude. 2014 will be game on for the competition! David Thompson IMO will be all about the baseball diamond, but I have no inside knowledge to that. Just a hunch.

Advertisement
Haven't heard much about him since camp, but I saw the same post from IOU and will ask around. My first impression was a Greg McElroy-type.
IOU......... i laughed OUT LOUD. :facepalm at anyone who listens to that jock sniffer.

This. he and FSU_who.

I've seen IOU at practice, don't know him but he's definitely not a cvette type fraud. FSU Who I know personally. His info is much more legit than anything you'll find on Rivals, Scout, ITU or any of those sites. He's for real.

IOU......... i laughed OUT LOUD. :facepalm at anyone who listens to that jock sniffer.

This. he and FSU_who.

I've seen IOU at practice, don't know him but he's definitely not a cvette type fraud. FSU Who I know personally. His info is much more legit as anything you'll find on Rivals, Scout, ITU or any of those sites. He's for real.

Not saying he's a vette like fraud. I've always found his bias to be affected by his relationships. What it does is that it clouds your ability to decipher what's really news and what's really second-third hand stuff based on what some player says. Moreso IOU than FSU_who, I will say.

Dewey is listed at 6'2

I've seen Dewey in person a few times and never thought, "gee, that guy is short." It's unfair to suggest he is "below average" height.

For comparison, check out this photo. Golden isn't a short guy either. https://twitter.com/i/#!/pdewey12/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/EoMdmLz5

Crow on the other hand is a little on the shorter side.

Advertisement
Back