2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall see...From Wiltfong last night - No longer visiting Oregon

“Everything you need as a quarterback, as a student-athlete is all here at Ohio State. They have the right people around the student-athletes here, especially the football players and especially the quarterbacks. Everything you can ask for is at Ohio State especially from a quarterback standpoint.”

The Buckeyes are battling the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Arkansas, Oregon and Texas A&M for the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Noland who will commit on the evening of April 8.

“I would say the platform they have laid out for quarterbacks and athletes here,” Noland continued. “Come in and focus on you and everything will take care of itself. Be the best version of yourself. I don’t think any distractions there. You have a good year or two, you’re off to the league. That’s what standouts out.”

Noland has had two meetings with Ryan Day, spent the majority of his time with quarterbacks coach Corey Dennis and also met with offensive coordinator Brian Hartline when he arrived.

“Of course I talked to Jelani (Thurman) a ton,” Noland said of his high school teammate. “Carnell (Tate), Brandon (Inniss), Kyle (McCord), met all the quarterbacks.

“Got to meet almost every coach on the staff. It’s been great.”

Advertisement
We shall see...From Wiltfong last night - No longer visiting Oregon

“Everything you need as a quarterback, as a student-athlete is all here at Ohio State. They have the right people around the student-athletes here, especially the football players and especially the quarterbacks. Everything you can ask for is at Ohio State especially from a quarterback standpoint.”

The Buckeyes are battling the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Arkansas, Oregon and Texas A&M for the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Noland who will commit on the evening of April 8.

“I would say the platform they have laid out for quarterbacks and athletes here,” Noland continued. “Come in and focus on you and everything will take care of itself. Be the best version of yourself. I don’t think any distractions there. You have a good year or two, you’re off to the league. That’s what standouts out.”

Noland has had two meetings with Ryan Day, spent the majority of his time with quarterbacks coach Corey Dennis and also met with offensive coordinator Brian Hartline when he arrived.

“Of course I talked to Jelani (Thurman) a ton,” Noland said of his high school teammate. “Carnell (Tate), Brandon (Inniss), Kyle (McCord), met all the quarterbacks.

“Got to meet almost every coach on the staff. It’s been great.”
Didn't know he had a HS teammate that just signed with them in last class.

Success means nothing when Ohio state is having a run with their QBs getting drafted in R1

No I get it. But it’s hard to say they’re actually developed well when they all are busts. The best QB Dawson ever coached is still cashing NFL checks. Nothing against a recruit signing because of their draft positions recently, I would just look a little deeper into that if it were my future.

Advertisement
I understand the OSU hype because their QBs have been showing out and getting drafted. However, the success generally stops there. Dawsons the one with a good NFL qb under his belt.

Just sayin
The same QB that didn’t start for like a decade until a resurgence this year? Ohio state is going to have the #1 one draft pick & has one of the top up and coming young guys at his position in Fields so I disagree with that logic. Hopefully he see’s an easier path to playing time here

The same QB that didn’t start for like a decade until a resurgence this year? Ohio state is going to have the #1 one draft pick & has one of the top up and coming young guys at his position in Fields so I disagree with that logic. Hopefully he see’s an easier path to playing time here

We can agree to disagree but I think Fields is…mid would be generous. Don’t care about rushing at QB.

This is the OSU 247 mod that always gets the info. His posts this week are the ones to monitor with regard to what could be happening with Air Noland...

Advertisement

Based of those we've offered so far, if we miss on Air, next best (by rankings) & uncommitted would be:
- Van Buren, who seems to be leaning Oregon
- Isaac Wilson, younger brother of Zach Wilson. Visited once last year.
- Maealiuaki Smith, 3 star from JSerra out in Cali. Told Canesport he may visit for Junior Day but never came.
- Luke Moga, 3 star project from AZ.
- Adrian Posse, 3 star. Local guy from Mater Academy in Hialeah, FL (at the moment, transferred more times than Tathan Martell.)
- Judd Anderson, 3 star developmental QB from GA.
- AJ Hairston, unranked QB. Local from Monarch HS.

So gotta lock down Air, start pressing some of these committed QBs and pray to flip someone or talk yourself into Moga, Anderson or Hairston as your QB1.

This sucks because OSU slow played this kid and apparently that approach only hurts us lol. OSU had Dylan Raiola (#1 QB in 2024) committed until he randomly decommitted in Dec 2022. Then, they flipped their attention to Jadyn Davis (#4 QB in 2024) who just committed to Michigan a few days ago which lead them to Noland. Bad timing for us and will probably cost us this kid.

Advertisement
I was just thinking, Miami does this and we are toast. Doesn’t matter if we are dream school.
Well one school almost guarantees you’re in the top ten of the NFL draft and the other had one of the worst passing seasons in school history.

Why do yall act like saying no to Miami as an elite QB is a snub? If you weren’t a UM fan you’d think the kid was nuts to go here.

Advertisement
I was just thinking, Miami does this and we are toast. Doesn’t matter if we are dream school.

When has it ever mattered that UM was anyone's "Dream School?"

I've been reading that fake line for decades. I am convinced coaches tell UM recruits to say that **** to **** us off.

When a recruit says that ****, excluding a Duke Johnson type, they tend to be completely full of ****. LOL

Well one school almost guarantees you’re in the top ten of the NFL draft and the other had one of the worst passing seasons in school history.

Why do yall act like saying no to Miami as an elite QB is a snub? If you weren’t a UM fan you’d think the kid was nuts to go here.
I don’t disagree with anything what you’re saying. I totally get it.

I meant more based on our history of misses despite the player waiting in our offer or bring their dream school. Then again, things are a little different at Miami these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back