2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't necessarily lay this at Mario's footsteps just yet. OSU has had a good recent run of QB's and WR's get drafted in the first round. I believe regardless of what we put on the field last year it would have been a tough pull going up against OSU for any QB with what recent development success they have. Mario wants to do well here more than anything. This is his dream job. I would say he's trying to change his reputation going with Shannon and a more Air Raid type of offense. So at least he's making the necessary move to open things up. We'll see how things play out.
I agree. Partially why I said TVD having a big year is probably the most important thing.. right now there are no highly touted options to pivot to that would legitimately consider us. A good year could change things. ****ting the bed again closes that door and you're stuck relying on Judd Anderson or Luke Moga at best.

There's always the slim chance one of these mediocre 3 stars turns into something like Justin Herbert. The odds aren't in your favor if you're stuck with the leftovers at QB.

I'd actually rather not waste a lot of time and NIL recruiting HS QBs.. even Air Noland. They bust or transfer 75% of the time. Save that NIL $ and get a proven QB from the portal. They enter every year.. but still to do that TVD has to have a good year and we need proof that Mario isn't the problem before we can even go that route.

Advertisement
y
I agree. Partially why I said TVD having a big year is probably the most important thing.. right now there are no highly touted options to pivot to that would legitimately consider us. A good year could change things. ****ting the bed again closes that door and you're stuck relying on Judd Anderson or Luke Moga at best.

There's always the slim chance one of these mediocre 3 stars turns into something like Justin Herbert. The odds aren't in your favor if you're stuck with the leftovers at QB.

I'd actually rather not waste a lot of time and NIL recruiting HS QBs.. even Air Noland. They bust or transfer 75% of the time. Save that NIL $ and get a proven QB from the portal. They enter every year.. but still to do that TVD has to have a good year and we need proof that Mario isn't the problem before we can even go that route.
you mean you arent sold on the emory williams hype fest simply bc he stuck?

n

not happenign.
Ay man I feel like it's not the end of the world if we lose a qb. Unless that **** is straight up a bonified monster. If we lose Air it hasn't hurt my feelings, if we get him cool. Just get me a scrambler that's accurate and build the lines and we will be fine. But dead *** u have to beat OSU bama UGA regularly. They shouldn't come in last minute and beat us. No one should come in last minute and beat us. Happened with Cormani and now this kid. Not a good look

And that whole bs line of they have to see the offense. They only use that for us but if OSU offense looked terrible next year they would still get kids lol. Why is it we the only ones that have to prove things? But that doesn't apply to everyone else?

Advertisement
y

you mean you arent sold on the emory williams hype fest simply bc he stuck?
When D$ referred to him as a better version of Evan Sheriffs the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

steve carell laughing GIF

Ay man I feel like it's not the end of the world if we lose a qb. Unless that **** is straight up a bonified monster. If we lose Air it hasn't hurt my feelings, if we get him cool. Just get me a scrambler that's accurate and build the lines and we will be fine. But dead *** u have to beat OSU bama UGA regularly. They shouldn't come in last minute and beat us. No one should come in last minute and beat us. Happened with Cormani and now this kid. Not a good look

And that whole bs line of they have to see the offense. They only use that for us but if OSU offense looked terrible next year they would still get kids lol. Why is it we the only ones that have to prove things? But that doesn't apply to everyone else?
OSU has a track record of a great offense. wwe just fielded the worst offense in modern football at miami. mario also has a rep of being a ****** O coach.

Cormani and the kid that chased the pussier to ECU were hall of fame level clowns.

Advertisement
**If** Noland picks OSU it's starting to look very bleak. Mario is lucky the portal is what it is giving him something of a 2nd chance because he's about to duplicate exactly what he did at Oregon recruiting QB - except there he landed highly touted guys they just sucked.

When TVD moves on we might be in serious trouble. QB coaches and handlers are already pushing their guys elsewhere. Getting a portal QB isn't as sure thing as it might look like. They see the reputation and are probably going to avoid us.

I'll go as far as to say that TVD having a big season and putting up numbers is far more important than however many games we win. If he sucks and the offense sucks again we won't be landing QBs for a while and Mario's tenure will be all but locked into mediocrity - unless they drop an insane amount of cash on a portal QB NIL deal - which they'll be forced to do or accept Anthony Brown caliber QB play for the next 7-8 years.
Odd, @Cryptical Envelopment is of the mindset that if we just recruit LOS we can always fall back on the portal for a QB. You may want to recant.

Advertisement
Odd, @Cryptical Envelopment is of the mindset that if we just recruit LOS we can always fall back on the portal for a QB. You may want to recant.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

YeS ThAt Is WhAt "CrYPtICal" SaID ExaCtLy. 🤡

The way you keep twisting things to desperately try to rescue your failed arguments is really exposing you. You're better than this. Or you can be.

I mean I guess there is a chance Mario just wants to build a monster in the trenches with a great D and have us go the UGA/Bennet route where if you surround a game manager with enough talent you do not need a top tier guy.

My concern however is twofold. Similar to the issues you mentioned the handlers pushing kids away from mario and the kids we are targeting. Last year, it seemed like Rashada or bust as our top guy and it was known Rashada was shopping for the highest bid. Ultimately I guess we got out bid even if UF was using monopoly money? But Now we target Air who everyone said was waiting on an OSU offer and that was the one he really wanted. **if** he goes to OSU I do not want to hear about the excuses from our fans giving a pass because of the offense they put up. Mario brought in Gattis, he is responsible for the uphill battle he has with QB's. OSU can offer a top 100 QB 8 mo before signing day and not have the hurt feelings of you did not offer me for whatever reason.

So 1. offense needs to put up numbers this year or you are correct we are in for a long few seasons unless we throw around stupid cash to get someone from the portal and 2. better prioritization of QB recruits

Advertisement
This is an uphill battle for us.

You can call it sour grapes or say the author is a hack, but this is the general perception of Cristobal across cfb. I don't think an outstanding year for TVD changes anything because it's a reputation based on a decade of watching Cristobal as a HC. It's going to cost a lot of $$$ to convince elite QBs (and WRs) to take a chance. Is Noland worth a massive NIL deal? That's a different discussion. I think the WR, Smith, is definitely worth whatever he's asking. QBs are much tougher to evaluate so I can't rightly say Noland is worth breaking the bank.

OSU has a track record of a great offense. wwe just fielded the worst offense in modern football at miami. mario also has a rep of being a ****** O coach.
I think he realized that. Even if we are statistically bad this year (lets say) An elite kid will see the scheme and think he can perform in it. Thats all we need for a kid to believe in their talent and look at the scheme for what it is. We going to find a QB and I think that qb will do well with this OL and RB's we bringing in.

Speaking of Innis. He will eventually transfer due to lack of playing time. He's not at the level of WR they have and are bringing in (despite his 5 star status).

Will be interesting to see if the board will take him back when it's time.
He's just as good as whomever they brought in 2022...and in 2023 he is there best guy.

The issue is....they have landed 100 wrs....and reps wont be there this year no matter how good he is with what they had coming back.

The group in 2022 played 67 snaps total last year....Im guessing the 2023 group will be similar.

But Brandon isnt a kid that isnt use to playing with or against top comp...it will be a shocked for the other guys committed who likely were the best by far fromw herever they are from....dude stands out when he plays against the elites and thats since he was an 8th grader.

He likely causes others to transfer out...but does he have it in to wait the 2 years like the other guys?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back