Predictions for next year?

9-3. We have 0 depth on defense. I think teams started exposing our defense since the UVa game. We needed a couple of lucky bounces to go 10-1 last year I don't expect us to get those same bounces every year. Pinning your hopes on forcing 30 turnovers on defense is just unrealistic.

I think GT is an L. We have no depth at DT to stop the dive vs an offense that chop blocks the whole game. Not to mention, we couldn't stop the pitch play until it started raining and GT stopped doing it.

FSU might be a loss. Their starting QB is back and Slick Willie runs a 4-5 WR spread offense.. Manny's weakness. Jimbo ran a pro style and a lot of 3 WR, 1 TE sets which played right into Manny's hand. Don't be surprise if FSU doesn't have much problem scoring on us this year.

I think we lose to LSU to. Physicality was our biggest problem last year and IDC that LSU has a pure corch at HC. If we can't matchup physically with then they are just going to run down our throats not to mention we're low on DTs. Don't forgot that LSU still have some of those top 3 recruiting classes on the roster.

We could lose to VT. We dominated VT because of that atmosphere at HardRock. Now we have to go to Lane Stadium in a likely night game. By then our season is either going great or a complete disappointment. So losing to VT could result on how our season is progressing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m very worried about our run D. We lost a ton of size. I don’t think we have a true, legit 1-tech anymore. Is Ford ready to step up and play ball? Besides DJack, we also have smaller DE’s, losing Chad and DJ hurt. Plus depth is a huge concern.

9-3

We shouldn't lose to LSU. They'll be breaking in a new QB against a Miami defense that generates turnovers. We should give whoever they start plenty of problems. Not sweating FSU at home either. Depth on defense is a concern, but I'm really excited to see the steps this offense can take. Jordan, Lingard, and Cam Davis are a few guys that can make an immediate impact. And god-willing, a healthy Richards can completely transform this offense. He wasn't 100% at all last year. Really hoping Perry takes the next step. If he starts, this offense can be really special. 11-1, we lose to VaTech on the road.

11-1. Only regular season loss is to BC.

We will see what happens against Clemson. I don’t think they are the juggernaut a lot of the nut huggers on here think they are.
I think it has more to do with Miami being a juggerNOT and less about Clemson being a juggernaut.

Advertisement
12-1, that includes a loss to Clemson. I think we are 1 more recruiting class away from playing with Clemson. All of the people that thinking we will loose too LSU needs to understand this is not the old LSU. They are not the same team of the past plus, they are loosing a lot & haven't been recruiting top classes like years past

11-1. Only regular season loss is to BC.

We will see what happens against Clemson. I don’t think they are the juggernaut a lot of the nut huggers on here think they are.
They aren't a Juggernaut and we still lost to them by 35 points and they lost to Alabama by 18 points.

Advertisement
10-2, lose at GT looking ahead to VagTech and then get chop blocked into oblivion vs GT, leaving us with 21 scholarship players available for VagTech.

Mike Rumph is told to suit up and then he realizes that "kids want to go where they can win", so he leaves the stadium and starts driving to TusKKKaloosa. We forfeit vs VagTech

Don't make it to ACCCG and maybe win our bowl game - final record of 11-3

They aren't a Juggernaut and we still lost to them by 35 points and they lost to Alabama by 18 points.

And Bama lost to Auburn, and Auburn lost to LSU, and LSU lost to Troy. So the NCAA ****ed up and should've given Troy the Championship trophy instead of Alabama. Emmert strikes again

Transitive property is not your friend, friend.

Probably 10-3 or close again. Still too many missing pieces. Defense will be mediocre to bad, turning a lot of games into track meets and making opponents' barely serviceable QBs look like Joe Montana or Tom Brady. It's going to take until 2020, folks. That's just the way it is.( If Rosier is QB, we won't win more than 8 games.)

Advertisement
My 8-4 prediction is assuming Rosier wins the job by default again. Frankly, 8-4 is a pretty positive view.

Rosier starting is a force multiplier for all our opponents. Puts more pressure on an OL that as of yet looks to be no better than '17, and on our D which may be no better, and maybe worse, than '17.

The gig may be up if we have no QB in '18. All those teams a play away from beating us this season could face a weaker Canes team. And its not like there's proof CMR gives us a coaching edge against inferior teams. Imagine if UNC has their SECOND string QB next season against us? Yikes!

Nobody is even mentioning our fg kicker. Relying on a hs fg kicker who normally kicks off a tee and did not convert many at that in hs. You saw Badgley fail. Can you imagine a rookie out there. Hartley has no clue and CMR knows better after failures at FSU and the two years he screwed up at UGA. We saw what a freshman punter got us. 4 loses, two because of kicking alone. Smart went out and signed two graduates to compete against his returnees and the punter won out last year. We definitely need to sign and experienced fg kicker.

Advertisement
If we beat LSU in the opener, I think we run the regular season table and lose to Clemson in the ACC ship but it will be closer than last year.

If we lose the opener, I could see the team deflating after our 4th straight loss and we lose to VT and perhaps even FSU. so 9-3

Not sure on the record but something I don’t see anyone mentioning yet is special teams. I fully expect special teams to be even worse with a freshman kicker. We saw no consistency out of Feagles last year and I’m not sure we returned a kick past the 40 last year. One thing Hartley has shown he can’t do is coach special teams.

Better Qb play and no Key injuries.. we finish the regular season 12-0... once Herdon went down we had no lead Dog to keep the sled on track

We have to much talent for anybody in the coastal and if our QB can complete 70% of his passes our Defense will be able to get after people playing catch up

Its the U and Clemson playing for the playoff birth again

Not sure on the record but something I don’t see anyone mentioning yet is special teams. I fully expect special teams to be even worse with a freshman kicker. We saw no consistency out of Feagles last year and I’m not sure we returned a kick past the 40 last year. One thing Hartley has shown he can’t do is coach special teams.

Our STs reached a depth of depravity that was frankly, inhuman. All those close games, against lesser talented opponents, where our STs SHOULD have given us a decisive edge. Instead, 13 games of ZERO return play, at LEAST one but usually multiple (normally game losing) shanked punts, critical FG misses, and just Bad STs Medicine where EVERY foe's kickers, often picked from the stands before kickoff, never missed a FG.

CMR's STs make one long for the days of Fester and Radio, and their girl's Powder Puff level STs play.

Anyhoo, why does everyone assume our O is gonna play in the trees next season? Is our OL gonna be better? Are we going to have a QB? Unless the answer is "Yes" to both, we are in trouble.

Advertisement
Back