Predictions for next year?

armandose23

El que come mal y come bien, come dos veces.
So since a lot of people are already looking at next year from a recruiting standpoint with some saying 2019 is going to be our best recruiting year yet (yeah we'll fu**ing see!) , what do you all think our season is going to look like? I'm predicting....

Regular Season- Going bold here- 12-0-Biggest challenge is going to be LSU (we should roll but its the season opener so we'll see how we come out), FSU (as it should be because of the rivalry) and VT (Blacksburg).

ACCCG vs Clemson- Predicting a loss here but much closer and more competitive than last year. (I hope)

Depending on how Clemson's season is going, may get a CFP birth or another top tier bowl game.

As a fan, of course, I hope we go undefeated and win the NC but trying to stay level headed considering who we've lost and how our season last year went and the fact that we need to rely on a lot of play from true freshmen.

Seeing as how we've improved every year, these are expectations that we need to start meeting to get these blue chippers to start dawning our hat on NSD. Especially with our regular season schedule.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Advertisement
We aren't going to go undefeated, especially if Rosier starts. If Rosier starts 9-3, if Perry or Williams is READY and starts 11-1.

diaz either adjusts or gets canned

i'm gonna go with the 2nd one

but I think we get to see this offense for the first time in it's infant stages

offensive line needs 2 classes to get shored up but after that..

like mayfield said in the playoffs

"good luck"

Advertisement
Advertisement
totally depends on who is our starting qb.
knowing the DL will lack depth this season, we can't afford to leave them on the filed like last season. if we have a true RPO qb, that doesn't run hot and cold, i could see us winning 10 plus. we are set to be excellent once again in 19, "if" the LB's don't leave early and next seasons defensive recruiting class is on par with this years offensive class. either way, we're "still" a year away from having the depth to challenge clemson for the acc title. we should win the coastal and have another good bowl game.

Last edited:
Completely depends on who Richt decides our starting QB is. We really have no competition in the Coastal.

We can repeat last year's house of cards, struggle in close games against mediocre opponents and be exposed and embarrassed later against real competition when it counts OR we can start building a solid juggernaught by going in a new direction at QB

Having an offense that clicks early and often will alleviate many of our defensive depth issues. Dominating TOP reduces any defensive liabilities.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have a feeling we will put up D’Onorfio-esque run defense numbers. Can’t ignore the trenches like we have in back to back years and not suffer the consequences eventually.

I'm very concerned about this also. Just have the scary feeling that the defense is going to be a total $hitshow next season.

Mia offense has potential to be like them mfs putting up numbers in the big 12. So much talent at the skill positions, its ridiculous. We just need Perry, Cade or Williams ready to perform at a high level. We also need Richt to be fully back in the swing of things in regards to being an OC. Hopefully he got all the rust off and is ready and able to open it up. The defense is lacking depth and will be young but still has enough talent to perform at an above average level. So we have the potential to be really good. I don't expect a loss until prob the ACC Championship. With one of the 3 QBs listed performing at a high level we can potentially beat Clemson also.

Who knows? So much of it depends on the complete unknown of what kind of QB play we can get. Hopefully, it will be one of those scenarios where a more-productive offense helps make a young defense look better. That is the most-likely path to 2018 success, IMO.

It should go without saying that serious injuries to our best players need to not happen.

Advertisement
VT, LSU, and FSU will all be tough. They shouldn't be, but they will be and will be toss ups. Throw one other under the radar game (including Toledo) and you could have 4 games where we're sweating it out.

Advertisement
Back