Predictions for next year?

11-1 Regular season with a loss @VT.

No ACC Champ game because VT finishes with only 1 conference loss too and has the tiebreaker.

NY6 bowl game, W/L depending on who we play.

Our offense is going to shred people next year. On defense, depth will be fine once we add another DL grad transfer. I don't expect us to be dominant, but we'll be good. Coupled with a significant improvement on offense, we'll be a better team. LSU scares me because of their talent level, and some other games will be tough, but this is a consensus pre-season top 10 team for a reason.

Advertisement
Nobody is even mentioning our fg kicker. Relying on a hs fg kicker who normally kicks off a tee and did not convert many at that in hs. You saw Badgley fail. Can you imagine a rookie out there. Hartley has no clue and CMR knows better after failures at FSU and the two years he screwed up at UGA. We saw what a freshman punter got us. 4 loses, two because of kicking alone. Smart went out and signed two graduates to compete against his returnees and the punter won out last year. We definitely need to sign and experienced fg kicker.

What were our 4 losses, 2 because of kicking alone?

And because Badgley missed some kicks, that automatically means the next guy will too?

Not only do we have the most negative fanbase on the planet, we have the dumbest too.

Lets do a ban bet, since you seem so sure we'll suck that your even making up losses. You in?

They aren't a Juggernaut and we still lost to them by 35 points and they lost to Alabama by 18 points.

And they lost to Syracuse, who we beat.

The easiest way to spot a guy who knows nothing about football is to see if he uses the transitive property

If we beat LSU in the opener, I think we run the regular season table and lose to Clemson in the ACC ship but it will be closer than last year.

If we lose the opener, I could see the team deflating after our 4th straight loss and we lose to VT and perhaps even FSU. so 9-3

So you think we'll be so deflated if we lose to LSU that we'll win 9 in a row before VT?

Did you even bother to check the schedule?

Probably 10-3 or close again. Still too many missing pieces. Defense will be mediocre to bad, turning a lot of games into track meets and making opponents' barely serviceable QBs look like Joe Montana or Tom Brady. It's going to take until 2020, folks. That's just the way it is.( If Rosier is QB, we won't win more than 8 games.)

Last year you said we wouldn't win more than 6 games with Rosier at QB. So hey, baby steps.

You'd think you'd get tired of always being wrong though

Advertisement
So you think we'll be so deflated if we lose to LSU that we'll win 9 in a row before VT?

Did you even bother to check the schedule?[/QUOTE

Did you even bother to check the schedule?
Hey Sherlock, did you even bother to check it? We play FSU a month and a half before we play VT. Now go get your shinebox.

Last edited:
I’m very worried about our run D. We lost a ton of size. I don’t think we have a true, legit 1-tech anymore. Is Ford ready to step up and play ball? Besides DJack, we also have smaller DE’s, losing Chad and DJ hurt. Plus depth is a huge concern.

9-3
I agree that our depth is concerning, but I don't think there's a size issue. Norton was a big dude, but so are Jon Ford and Jordan Miller. Moten had pretty average DT size, which Silvera is already at. McIntosh was a light player; Gerald Willis and Pat Bethel are incredibly similar. At end, JoJack and DJack are both in the 6-5 250 area, which is stout. Both Garvin and Rousseau are 240+, which is certainly big enough. Patchan is the legit lightweight, but he'll probably be limited to pass rushing scenarios.

Again, depth is a legit concern, but the guys in place are ballers with great size.

I think we take a step back (or equal record) this year and compete for a title the next

Advertisement
Hard to predict the season record without knowing who the starting QB will be.

I expect us to have a similar or better regular season than this last season. Rosier is capable of improving with a year’s worth of experience, a healthy shoulder, and a better offensive unit across the board. If he gets beat out by Perry or Williams then we could have a special season.

The weapons we'll have on offense are ridiculous. I predict we'll see an improved Rosier or a READY N'Kosi, and put up monster numbers on offense. Richards, Homer, and Thomas are going to ball out next year.

Homer/Lingard/Deejay/Cam
Richards/Thomas/Harley/Pope/Cager/Hightower/etc...
Jordan/Mallory

People are selling our defensive line short. There's plenty potential there and I have faith in Kool. It's not as deep as last year, but the first four make a pretty scary tone-setting unit (Jackson bros, Willis, and Ford) with Garvin, Nesta, Odenigbo, and Bethel rotating in. The first eight on that line will be ready. Don't even need to go into detail with the LBs, you alread know. Quan and Jackson are prime, Carter should be solid, and we just need one of Dean or Ivey to step up. 10-2 is the floor for me, but I think we can run the table and play Clemson tough in the ACCCG. Our biggest question markes are:

1. Is Rosier gonna turn the corner or can Perry or Jarren provide some magic?
2. DL depth
3. Another CB to fill in opposite Jackson

Prediction 11-1.

Advertisement
The weapons we'll have on offense are ridiculous. I predict we'll see an improved Rosier or a READY N'Kosi, and put up monster numbers on offense. Richards, Homer, and Thomas are going to ball out next year.

Homer/Lingard/Deejay/Cam
Richards/Thomas/Harley/Pope/Cager/Hightower/etc...
Jordan/Mallory

People are selling our defensive line short. There's plenty potential there and I have faith in Kool. It's not as deep as last year, but the first four make a pretty scary tone-setting unit (Jackson bros, Willis, and Ford) with Garvin, Nesta, Odenigbo, and Bethel rotating in. The first eight on that line will be ready. Don't even need to go into detail with the LBs, you alread know. Quan and Jackson are prime, Carter should be solid, and we just need one of Dean or Ivey to step up. 10-2 is the floor for me, but I think we can run the table and play Clemson tough in the ACCCG. Our biggest question markes are:

1. Is Rosier gonna turn the corner or can Perry or Jarren provide some magic?
2. DL depth
3. Another CB to fill in opposite Jackson

Prediction 11-1.

I pretty much agree with this. Our DL depth isn’t great, but we have a lot of top line talent and the depth is workable. We do need some good fortune when it comes to injuries on defense, but there’s enough experience and top line talent to do some serious damage. Willis is going to be awesome and Ford is built like an NFL vet already. Supposedly the coaches think he is an incredible talent. Bethel can fill gaps at DT and DE. Nesta will obviously play. Hard to find three better DEs than the Jacksons (both in their money years) and Garvin.

I expect a big season from the three backers.

Advertisement
I'm anticipating better offensive play which will take some pressure off of the defense. Of course this is predicated on much better QB play.
With that said 10-2 seems reasonable, however looking at the last 6 games of the season 4 of those are away with GT & VT back to back. Scheduling is not helping the cause

I’m going with 11-1 we drop one along the way but win all our big games i.e. LSU VT FSU. Acc title game is a L most likely but we are in the game the whole way though leading us to take the reigns of the Acc in 2019.

10-2 but I don't like to predict specific regular season losses.

We lose to Clemson again in the ACCCG but it's close late. This game and Clemson becomes the new hurdle we need to clear as opposed to the FSU losing streak of the recent past.

We end up in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia and beat them setting up huge 2019 expectations.

'18 looking like last year. Unpredictable. Too many variables right now.

11-12 wins is very possible, IF we have a QB and a better OL.

7-8 wins is very possible as well (say Rosier starts with no improvement on the OL. The gig is up on that. UVA and Pitt exposed us and Clemson and Wisky rolled us).

Advertisement
Back